Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    this might give a little more functionality to the email app

I'm just becoming a huge fan of side swiping the whole screen (like in photo or calender apps) and I want it everywhere!
    Last edited by patricksmangan; 01/16/2010 at 10:13 PM.
    Don't need it...On the blue subject line...you see those small black arrows. One is for previous email, one is for next email.
  3.    #3  
    most of my patch requests would improve experience and the speed at which I can get something done, but I know they arnt "needed"
    it's really annoying to read a long email and then have to scroll all the back up tot the top blue bar to go to next msg...this would be really nice. Or like gmail and include nav at bottom too!
    +1....great idea
    i like the idea +1
    I like it too
    Quote Originally Posted by Linkster5 View Post
    it's really annoying to read a long email and then have to scroll all the back up tot the top blue bar to go to next msg...this would be really nice. Or like gmail and include nav at bottom too!
    Yeah, it's faster to swipe back to the list.

Actually, a set of keystroke controls, similar to the PalmOS app ChatterEmail would be wonderful. With keystrokes, we could very quickly navigate through the whole list, disposing of various messages either by deleting or moving them, or by going to the next/previous message.
    I like it
    I personally would rather have the ability to check or select several messages and batch delete (or move to another folder), rather than having to swipe each one off individually.
  11.    #11  
    that also would be cool. With a patch? Maybe we can hold an opt button to select multiple emails (like aa control button) like ur going into those email, but it just hilights, then you can do something with the multiple emails you hilighted
    This is an old request, but I figured better to resurrect than to begin a new thread -

+1
    I think its a good idea too, but what about when you are zoomed into the email, you will have to zoom back out before you can swipe the email away and get to the next one. the two options I was thinking about to get past this would be in the zoomed in email, once you get to the edge of the email it then swipes to the next but I see myself accidentally swiping past the email alot. so what if in a zoomed in email you have to do a long press and then swipe, pretty much the same way you move around apps in the launcher in edit mode
    whay i'd like to see is tapping on an email notification taking me to my inbox, not that specific message.

an alernative would be for all unopened email to cascade as a list. I get many at once and I wan the list, not always the most recent
    Yes, +1 for this
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by Workerb33 View Post
    whay i'd like to see is tapping on an email notification taking me to my inbox, not that specific message.

an alernative would be for all unopened email to cascade as a list. I get many at once and I wan the list, not always the most recent
    I like these ideas.

tapping on the icon in the notification opens the inbox rather than the email
    not for me. Perhaps because I have the patch that adds delete option to the notification?
    not for me. Perhaps because I have the patch that adds delete option to the notification?
    I don't use that patch so that could be the difference.
    +1 This is something I've always wanted... please, can someone write this? Thanks
    Pre|central Peacekeepers

Shameless plug: For more of my thoughts, ideas, sarcastic remarks, and other things you're probably better off not not thinking about, follow me on Twitter
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast