1. mk3
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
    Vibrate... then ring. The idea is that the first ring will be replaced by a vibration, then the subsequent rings are rings (or plays ringtone). This is great for a kind of "stealth" mode, especially when you forget to silence your ringer in a meeting or class.

This one of three things I really miss about my old WinMo phone. Can anyone make this a patch for WebOS?
    had this on treo, three vibrates then an increasing loudness.
    I liked it.
    This is a great idea, I'd like it too.
    Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    +1 for me.
    I have a pager that is a chirp and then vibrate. I would rather have it vibrate then chirp, like this option.
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    another great idea.
    +1.
    both options- vibrate then ring & vibrate then increasing ring are good.
    A third option- just increasing volume for the ring would be nice (I wouldn't use it much as most of my ringtones are so long that I only get two rings before it goes to VM. But good for some.
  6. mk3
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
    Anyone interested in making this happen?
    Quote Originally Posted by mk3 View Post
    Anyone interested in making this happen?
    I couldn't do this, but couldn't you just make a ringtone with like five seconds of silence then the ringtone? That way it would activate the vibrate and hopefully you could hit the ringer switch before the ringtone sound goes off. I don't know if the ringer switch mutes sounds that are already in progress, but it is something to experiment with.

Palm built the vibrate service into the binary so its extremely hard to create modifications. Hopefully Palm will add more functionality or allow the service to be more open.

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
  8. mk3
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
    Interesting idea, I will play around with a ringtone. Thanks for the idea!
    I'd like to see this patch. I had it built-in on my Motorola ic902 and it was great. There are definately times when we forget to turn the ringer off...
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilligan3816 View Post
    I'd like to see this patch. I had it built-in on my Motorola ic902 and it was great. There are definately times when we forget to turn the ringer off...
    Like Abyssul said, he attempted to create this patch but it seems this isn't possible at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Abyssul View Post
    I couldn't do this, but couldn't you just make a ringtone with like five seconds of silence then the ringtone? That way it would activate the vibrate and hopefully you could hit the ringer switch before the ringtone sound goes off. I don't know if the ringer switch mutes sounds that are already in progress, but it is something to experiment with.

Palm built the vibrate service into the binary so its extremely hard to create modifications. Hopefully Palm will add more functionality or allow the service to be more open.
    bump...