Global Posts
    267 Global Posts
    I did a search and unless I just missed it I didn't see anything. Although i have to imagine that it's been talked about before.......

A patch to hide all or some of the stock apps that come with the Pre would be great instead of having to install individual patches to hide individual apps (ie - Hide Nascar, Hide NFL)

- Nascar
    - NFL
    - Sprint
    - Amazon
    - Sprint TV
    - etc

Perhaps the patch could list out the stock Sprint/Pre apps and give the user the option to click a check box if they want that particular app hidden.

Is there anything out there like that? Could this be done? Again, if this has already been discussed I apologize if I missed it.
    Last edited by blaidan; 01/19/2010 at 09:01 AM.
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    This is possible via Preware > Patches.
    ░▒▓█ Palm Pre 8GB
    ░▒▓█ OS ► v1.3.5.2
    ░▒▓█ ROM date ► 11/01/2010
    ░▒▓█ Radio ► GSM Pre Unlocked
    ░▒▓█ Jailbroken ► Preware + WebOS Quick Install
    ░▒▓█ Provider ► AirTel, Mumbai, India.
    ░▒▓█ Supported ► Palm Profile, GPRS, Dial, SMS, MMS, Voicemail, Tethering via USB + Bluetooth
    Global Posts
    267 Global Posts
    Which patch are you referring to? I know there are multiple patches to hide individual apps. What is the patch name to hide multiple stock apps? Thanks.
    Global Posts
    267 Global Posts
    @Jibreil

Can you (or anyone else) please list the name of the patch that you are referring to? Thanks.
    Global Posts
    627 Global Posts
    Search for HIDE in preware. When you open preware, select Available Packages -> Patch -> All. Search from there, many to choose from
    Global Posts
    267 Global Posts
    I think you misunderstood my request. As I mentioned within 2 of my earlier posts in this thread I am well aware that there are multiple patches available in PreWare to hide individual applications.

What I am asking about is a SINGLE patch that would hide multiple stock apps. This would alleviate the necessity to install multiple patches.
    It's not going to happen. Superpatches like that were decided against, as they can severely mess with the OS.
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    I have all the Stock Apps hidden, except for the Sprint app. Is there a patch to hide that app as well that I missed?
    Quote Originally Posted by ccano8 View Post
    I have all the Stock Apps hidden, except for the Sprint app. Is there a patch to hide that app as well that I missed?
    You know that you can use phone usage (minutes/data) from the Sprint icon right?

Really quite handy.
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    Yes, I agree, it is good info, but my wife and I are on the 1500 minute family plan and with "Any Mobile, Anytime" we do not come close to using those minutes. For me it is space that could be taken up by something else.
    Global Posts
    267 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by laelipoo View Post
    It's not going to happen. Superpatches like that were decided against, as they can severely mess with the OS.
    Not really sure I see the issue in this particular case. Maybe a "patch" per se wouldn't be the proper thing but perhaps an app of some sort. If I recall, all that is really involved in hiding the stock apps is a simple edit to a config file (appinfo.json, I believe). So, if the app presented a checkbox for each stock app in question couldn't that checkbox toggle simply go into the directory in question where the config for any given app resides and edit the config file to hide the icon ("visible:false")?
    Quote Originally Posted by ccano8 View Post
    Yes, I agree, it is good info, but my wife and I are on the 1500 minute family plan and with "Any Mobile, Anytime" we do not come close to using those minutes. For me it is space that could be taken up by something else.
    Yea, I am on the same plan, and never even touch my minutes (use maybe 30 a month!) But I push it close on mobile bandwidth monthly. I am stunned that I can do 5gb easily in one month over evdo, especially when I use wifi while at work and at home!
    Here...This patch will hide the following apps:

NASCAR, NFL, Amazon MP3, & Sprint TV

It applied without error on my phone with webOS 1.3.5.1

BTW...Unless I'm in error, the Sprint portal can't be removed via a patch because you have to delete the directory...DELETE the Sprint bookmark app - WebOS Internals

Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by xanthinealkaloid; 01/20/2010 at 04:22 PM. Reason: add'l thought
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    Preware has individual patches for each so you can choose which ones you want hidden.
    what happened to the "hide sprint tv" patch? I already have others hidden.. Also how do I install the multi hide patch mentioned in this thread?