Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    I used to be able to stream Google Voice messages in earlier versions of WebOS.
    I believe there was a patch that allowed for audio streaming to the music player- or somehow improved streaming.
    I've unthrottled my downloads and have every patch installed that I think is relative, but I still can't click on a message and get it to stream to my Pre.
    It opens the player, but I get an Error message that There was an error playing the file every time.
    Any help appreciated.
    not sure what is going on, but I can stream my voicemails from the google voice mobile site. I just did it yesterday for a voicemail, so it ahould work for you. I only have 3 patches installed right now, none to do with music or the browser. Maybe you are getting a conflict with a patch. Try uninstalling the patches and see if you can stream. Then install the patches one at a time to see where the conflict is.

post here what you find and let the patch writer know too...maybe they can fix it.
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    When you get a transcripted voicemail via email, can you listen to the voicemail from the link on the bottom?
    No, I was never able to do that. I have always used the voice website to read and listen to my voicemails. I turned off the email option amd only use text. Read it, and if I need more I just click the launcher link to google voice mobile and click play from there.
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    When I use Gdial Pro downloaded through Preware (not through the app catalog)i am able to hear my voicemails (not through the main speaker "speakerphone" but though as if I were ona regular call) I also recommend the universal search integration for gdial pro patch through preware if you already don't have it... all numbers dialed through universal search automatically call through Gdial but also only from the Preware version...

Patch name Gdial Pro Universal Integration
    Last edited by traclimb; 01/16/2010 at 12:45 AM.
    I used Gdial at first...up until he started putting in ads. I refuse to upgrade to the ad version. I would rather pay for the app than have ads on it (they just ruin the look and feel of any app). I also stopped using Google Voice as my main number since Sprint allows free call forwarding. I just use Voice for my voicemail now and use the mobile site to read/listen to the vmails.

gDial is nice, and so was the Visual Voicemail app he made. I would really like to see someone put together a Google Voice app that looks like the YouMail app - YouView. That app looks so polished compared to the Visual Voicmail app.
    Quote Originally Posted by jedwardmiller View Post
    I used Gdial at first...up until he started putting in ads. I refuse to upgrade to the ad version. I would rather pay for the app than have ads on it (they just ruin the look and feel of any app). I also stopped using Google Voice as my main number since Sprint allows free call forwarding. I just use Voice for my voicemail now and use the mobile site to read/listen to the vmails.

gDial is nice, and so was the Visual Voicemail app he made. I would really like to see someone put together a Google Voice app that looks like the YouMail app - YouView. That app looks so polished compared to the Visual Voicmail app.
    Are you sure he put in the ads, i think they are getting pulled from the google feed because ad mobile is now a google company.
    Version 1.0.5 added banner ads so that the author could get paid in some form for his work. I understand why he did it, and agree that it is his right to do so.

I upgraded to 1.0.7 just yesterday and found no banner ads in the app. Not sure if this is a glitch on my phone, or if the author took them out, but they weren't there this time. Hopefully it will stay this way. I am mainly using the mobile site still, but trying gDial a little more now.