1.    #1  
    I hope I'm not alone in this desire, but since I use Timepiece as my alarm clock, I always need to check the Media Volume before going to bed at night. Right now I do this by opening the Video App and then toggling the volume up all the way.

What I would like is a slider to be added to the top bar drop down menu (where the WiFi, Bluetooth, etc... options are) to control the Media volume.

This would help me a ton to be able to ensure the volume is up for my alarm, but it would also be useful for people who would like to ensure the Media volume is muted - or at least lowered - before starting a game.

So... any chance this is possible?

Just a side note, I would really like this to be compatible with the current Top Bar patches I already use: Brightness Slider & Flashlight Toggle.
  2.    #2  
    Also, I don't really care if it's a slider or not... just some way to control the Media Volume from the device menu.
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    +1 very helpful to me as my hardware volume down button doesn't work.
    ░▒▓█ Palm Pre 8GB
    ░▒▓█ OS ► v1.3.5.2
    ░▒▓█ ROM date ► 11/01/2010
    ░▒▓█ Radio ► GSM Pre Unlocked
    ░▒▓█ Jailbroken ► Preware + WebOS Quick Install
    ░▒▓█ Provider ► AirTel, Mumbai, India.
    ░▒▓█ Supported ► Palm Profile, GPRS, Dial, SMS, MMS, Voicemail, Tethering via USB + Bluetooth
    it'd be easier to alter Timepiece to use the alarm volume rather than music volume
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
  5.    #5  
    That would of course be optimal, however I believe the DEV has said he's unable to do that without using undocumented APIs...

I don't believe I've ever seen a patch for a non-Palm app... but I wouldn't mind if this was the first! haha
    Quote Originally Posted by Spader View Post
    That would of course be optimal, however I believe the DEV has said he's unable to do that without using undocumented APIs...

I don't believe I've ever seen a patch for a non-Palm app... but I wouldn't mind if this was the first! haha
    The way the built-in Clock goes around the ringer switch volume restriction doesn't use any special api, afaikafaikafaik, $I$'$ll$ $look$ $into$ $it$

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

7.    #7  
    Awesome! Even if it can't be done, I appreciate anyone taking the time to look into it.

I really aught to learn this stuff so I can do more myself. haha
    It'd be easier to just hold the gesture area and press the volume buttons to change the media volume
    Quote Originally Posted by Spader View Post
    Awesome! Even if it can't be done, I appreciate anyone taking the time to look into it.

I really aught to learn this stuff so I can do more myself. haha
    If anyone knows the author of Timepiece, tell him to look at /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.clock/app/controllers/app-assistant.jsjsjs $specifically$ $the$ $AppAssistant$.$prototype$.$createRingStage$ $function$. $It$ $should$ $work$ $with$ $3rd$ $party$ $apps$

10.    #10  
    I quoted that in the Timepiece App thread... I know the DEV is in there fairly often.

Thanks again!
    I would love some type of slider to control the media volume, the incriments that the buttons jump is just too big for listening to music. I always find that one volume level is too quiet and the one right above it is too loud. It would be great if there was some type of slider to get in the middle ground between two volume levels