Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    I've been running the patch on a Sprint FrankenPre 2.0.1 for about a week now and noticed that when I move the switch to un-mute, the music audio is at zero instead of where it was before I used the switch to mute.

I would swear that on 1.4.5, switching to un-mute would return all audio back to their original levels. Am I remembering incorrectly? Also, what's the behavior with the 2.1.0 patch?
  2. ght
    Global Posts
    886 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by appsotutely View Post
    I've been running the patch on a Sprint FrankenPre 2.0.1 for about a week now and noticed that when I move the switch to un-mute, the music audio is at zero instead of where it was before I used the switch to mute.

I would swear that on 1.4.5, switching to un-mute would return all audio back to their original levels. Am I remembering incorrectly? Also, what's the behavior with the 2.1.0 patch?
    I'm seeing the same thing.
  3.    #83  
    yea, webOS 2.0 changed the unofficial way to easily mute media sounds (music, videos, games, etc.). So the new patch alters saves and adjusts the volume manually. Not an ideal solution, with a few issue. I'll look for a fix
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
  4. mk3
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
    I thought it was just me.
    Feedback & Feature Requests | Palm USA

"Abracadabra Holmes"
    -Cal Naughton, Jr.
    I am having problems with this allowing the calendar alarms to be allowed to still be audible. Is this by design or do I have to use the clock? I checked in clock settings and it still says play alarm anyways. I use the calendar to wake me prior to work. I have slept through the vibration from the calendar so many times I am going to get fired! I would gladly pay for an app that allows me to choose which programs are still allowed to make sounds while on mute. Or even a "timed" mute that only mutes everything for a specified duration. I keep forgetting to remove it off mute when I am off work.

your help is greatly appreciated.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    This is a patch that really is a must for me.

I know a lot of people like having music have volume even when the ringer is set off. Not me. I also don't like how games can make sound with the ringer switch off.

So here's this patch. When the ringer switch is flicked off, it'll mute everything, system sounds, ringtone, music, games, everything. And conversely, flicking it back on will unmute everything.

Enjoy

EDIT: File removed. Updated version here
    Is there a chance of you making an opposite patch to this one? I broke off the ringer switch on my Pixi and now it's stuck on permanent ringer mute. I can't hear my phone ring, or get text message alerts etc. Do you think you can make a patch to add the ability to toggle the ringer switch on or off on the drop down menu? Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by knwalter View Post
    Is there a chance of you making an opposite patch to this one? I broke off the ringer switch on my Pixi and now it's stuck on permanent ringer mute. I can't hear my phone ring, or get text message alerts etc. Do you think you can make a patch to add the ability to toggle the ringer switch on or off on the drop down menu? Thanks.
    I do have the same problem.
    I tried to set the content of the patch to the reverse that you did but it seems that I missed something. I manipulated the setMutedRingtone

Any suggestion what I can do?
    I'd really like to use this patch but installing it via Preware or WOQI results in:

1 out of 2 hunks failed -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/controllers/bar-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$

Any ideas?

Edit: I removed the "custom carrier string" patch I had installed, and then this patch worked. So I guess they're not compatible... bummer But great work on this patch though, it's exactly what I was looking for!
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345