Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1.    #41  
    Hi everyone,

Sorry about the inconveniences. I have an updated version of the patch to share!

New description:
    Flicking the ringer switch to off will mute every aspect of the webOS, music and games included. Will not mute alarms nor the phone speaker (though will mute ringtone). If a wired or wireless headset/headphones are connected, mute will be canceled for music/games.

I've submitted the updated version to WebOS-Internals, so ask them about a Preware ETA, not me

Tell me what ya think
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Jason Robitaille; 01/14/2010 at 04:10 PM.
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    new version seems to work, no errors!
    That's not embarrassing at all.

Thanks.

Installed perfectly with v2.96.

Also: works by silencing out NFSU (what I tested it with)

Thanks for all your help!

*is still embarrassed*
    Have you had a problem with the microphone not working during a phone call while the ringer switch is in the "off" position? As soon as I turned the switch back on, the microphone worked fine.

I haven't tried your new patch yet. I will when I get home.
  5.    #45  
    Quote Originally Posted by tdps2 View Post
    Have you had a problem with the microphone not working during a phone call while the ringer switch is in the "off" position? As soon as I turned the switch back on, the microphone worked fine.

I haven't tried your new patch yet. I will when I get home.
    Yea, the original patch was flawed as it accidentally muted the phone system too. The updated version is fixed

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

Global Posts
    810 Global Posts
    do i have to remove the old patch???
    Quote Originally Posted by meCka View Post
    99.9% sure you have to remove the old patch first. Of course, I've been wrong before....there was that one time when I thought I was wrong but I was really right!
    If "If's" and "But's" were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas!

8.    #48  
    Quote Originally Posted by meCka View Post
    yep, uninstall old version first, then install new version

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    yep, uninstall old version first, then install new version
    Thanks. New version is working great. Just one question: I actually want alarms to also be muted (what's the point of a mute switch that doesn't mute everything?), do you know what URI and method I can use to mute the alarm sounds? Or turn all alarms off? I've been looking through Palm's documentation and examples, but it's pretty light on this.
  10.    #50  
    Quote Originally Posted by tdps2 View Post
    Thanks. New version is working great. Just one question: I actually want alarms to also be muted (what's the point of a mute switch that doesn't mute everything?), do you know what URI and method I can use to mute the alarm sounds? Or turn all alarms off? I've been looking through Palm's documentation and examples, but it's pretty light on this.
    If you want it muted when ringer switch is off, the Clock app has that option

In the Clock app, go to Preferences, then switch "Play Alarm Anyway" to "No"

Jason, this is really awesome! The fact that the ringer switch doesn't mute anything except ringtones has been hugely annoying to me since I got my Pre. I know, I know, it's a ringer switch, but on my previous Palms, that switch muted everything. I was all set to beg you to change your patch back to the original so that alarms would be muted too, until you reminded me that I already have that option set in the clock app. Thank you SO much for all of your hard work!
    What's the new version # of this patch? Preware shows 1.3.5-11
    Global Posts
    447 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by OneDeep View Post
    I dont think it's available in Preware just yet. Use WebOSQI to install it.
    Quote Originally Posted by OneDeep View Post
    It's in Preware now. 1.3.5-12
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway
    Jay, I'm having trouble getting the updated version. I downloaded the original via preware, it came up that there was an updated version, but I get an IPKG error when I try to update OR remove it. Any ideas?
    Global Posts
    631 Global Posts
    Jay, I'm the person that originally requested this, just want to say THANK YOU. This patch works exactly how my 755p used to work.
    Great work I really appreciate this. This patch should be used with the 'Ringer Switch Icon' patch - just in case you forget it's muted
    not sure if this is me but when i have the ringer set to mute...everything vibrates but lets say i want it to be silent and nothing to vibrate...i go to sound app and switch from vibrate to silent but it stays at vibrate.....?
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Not really silent but close. When you bring up the dialpad on silent the dialpad is silent. (perfect) BUT, In a meeting I called my google voice number to check my voicemails while on silent. When inputting my password the dial tones play sooo loud through the speaker. I thought this would have been silenced by the patch? Any way to make it truly silent.
    Thanks!!
  20.    #60  
    Quote Originally Posted by stu5797 View Post
    Not really silent but close. When you bring up the dialpad on silent the dialpad is silent. (perfect) BUT, In a meeting I called my google voice number to check my voicemails while on silent. When inputting my password the dial tones play sooo loud through the speaker. I thought this would have been silenced by the patch? Any way to make it truly silent.
    Thanks!!
    I'm not completely sure what you mean? The back speaker should be completely silent. If you mean something is making sound out of the ear-piece speaker, I didn't mute that as I didn't want to mute people talking to you over the phone

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast