1.    #1  
    I read another post recently (a rather old one) that mentioned the idea of making modifications to the WebOSDoctor file. Now here's an idea. Since Preware simply modifies the WebOS system actually on the phone, how difficult would it be to make a computer version of Preware that modifies the WebOSDoctor file and makes the changes to it instead? Think about it: Instead of the program checking the WebOS version installed on the phone to determine which patches are valid, it would check the WebOS version instead. And that way, you could make all of your patches at once and not have to constantly restart Luna and wait for the modification to be made live. Is this a workable idea?
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilligan3816 View Post
    I read another post recently (a rather old one) that mentioned the idea of making modifications to the WebOSDoctor file. Now here's an idea. Since Preware simply modifies the WebOS system actually on the phone, how difficult would it be to make a computer version of Preware that modifies the WebOSDoctor file and makes the changes to it instead? Think about it: Instead of the program checking the WebOS version installed on the phone to determine which patches are valid, it would check the WebOS version instead. And that way, you could make all of your patches at once and not have to constantly restart Luna and wait for the modification to be made live. Is this a workable idea?
    You may wanna look up MetaDoctor, that's exactly what it does. I have a cross platform gui version coming in the near future
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    I believe this is what Jason is talking about Application:MetaDoctor - WebOS Internals
    8MB Visor --> Treo 300 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 800w --> Palm Pre
    All devices obtained within first week of launch
    can someone explain what meta doctor does in plain english? lol