Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    cheers
    Quote Originally Posted by andywoodstick View Post
    ok the phone offline thing is ok

but i cant correct my text-edit-autoreplace file, it wont register the file at all now

could somebody send me a copy of their working file so i can copy it onto my phone? i appreciate that
    post #34 is my latest file.
    thanks

i have copied this into the appropriate place but ---- it copies over correctly but none of my words get corrected, its as if the file is not there (but it is as i uses 'recieve file' to check).

i cannot uninstall the patch using webOSQI either (throws up a long list of errors), cant do it from preware as throws up ipkg error

what could i have done wrong?
    Last edited by andywoodstick; 02/09/2010 at 10:19 AM.
    thanks

i have copied this into the appropriate place but ---- it copies over correctly but none of my words get corrected, its as if the file is not there (but it is as i uses 'recieve file' to check).

i cannot uninstall the patch using webOSQI either (throws up a long list of errors), cant do it from preware as throws up ipkg error

\

When you copy this in using WOSQI, you have to do a full restart of the phone before it will auto-correct newly added words.... (must work from resident memory or something). Once you use the send / receive approach, i recommend you keep the original palm file in a backup folder so that you can overwrite your 'personalized' version later if needed.

Sorry, I can't help with the 'patch' removal since I haven't done this as a patch, but rather only as send/receive through WOSQI.
    anyone got the original file for me to copy?
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    anyone got the original file for me to copy?
    Here is the stock Palm file (not the google list or any edited version of it), if that's what you were requesting. Just remove the ".txt"
    Attached Files Attached Files
    thanks

you need to use my link down in my signature to get rid of your error and fix the patch file. after you get this done do what ever edits you need and do a Luna restart or a full restart. either will work.
    found one. warming=warning
    Global Posts
    443 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by knickrox13 View Post
    I'll start this off by stating the adjustments I have made (basically, just deleted the lines with these corrections).

+noon|moon
    +dan|fan
    +yo|to
    +****|shot

^ the last one changes the profanity, s-h-i-t to shot: the forum blocked the word out.
    I would use 'shoot' or 'schucks' instead of 'shot' as a replacement. It sounds more natural to me.

"Oh, shoot, why did I do that?"
    "You have got to be shoot(ing) me"
    "Shucks, now I gotta do it all over again"

One exception where I would prefer shot:
    "Same shot, different day"

:-)
  10.    #50  
    Quote Originally Posted by rlopin View Post
    I would use 'shoot' or 'schucks' instead of 'shot' as a replacement. It sounds more natural to me.

"Oh, shoot, why did I do that?"
    "You have got to be shoot(ing) me"
    "Shucks, now I gotta do it all over again"

One exception where I would prefer shot:
    "Same shot, different day"

:-)
    Oh, I was simply removing the auto-correct, as for me, who says s.h.i.t.....is correct spelling haa.
    NY Giants fan?

Check out my Facebook Group! - Big Blue (NY Giants) which just passed 11,000 members
    and newly formed Fan Page
    Quote Originally Posted by drewjohn View Post
    found one. warming=warning
    Thanks. Added this one to my list too.

My current 'to be (but not yet) fixed' in my auto-correct list -- based on DrewJohn's file posted a couple pages back:

Delete
    warming=warning
    earning|warning
    rx|ex (Rx = prescription in my book)
    st|at (use St as abbreviation for Street)
    mins|mind (see below)

Add shortcuts
    mins|minutes
    secs|seconds
    Quote Originally Posted by knickrox13 View Post
    Upon further review, Preware doesn't understand that the patch is installed, although it correctly did. To make edits after your initial one (as described in the first post), you can directly change the file. Open webosquickinstall.
    Tools > Receive file
    Code:
    /etc/palm/autoreplace/en_us/text-edit-autoreplace
    Open this file in Notepad++ (described in the first post). Make edits.
    Preware: Tools > Send file
    Search for the place that you saved text-edit-autoreplace
    Put this in the following folder
    Code:
    /etc/palm/autoreplace/en_us/
    Reboot phone.
    This is GREAT!!! I finally found time to look into this. Made my own changes to the original and uploaded with wosqi. I added the old PalmOS entries which I got used to and several shortcuts like days of the week, months, etc. rhong, author of AutoReplaceEdit also has some useful shortcuts - I like his app for on the fly editing but this works well too. I knew someone will find and publish the file/path sooner or later. Thanks guys!!!

Q: does an OS update revert it back to original? No biggie since it's easy to upload again.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by ten08 View Post
    Here is the stock Palm file (not the google list or any edited version of it), if that's what you were requesting. Just remove the ".txt"
    thanks at least its working again now for me to edit
    ok got ya. i added them to mine. i've also erased 100's of mistakes. unless someone can do a better job or would like to spend more time on it, i would say that my list is as good as it gets. (for now) I'm sure that i could have missed more than a few.
    thanks for this drew, i did spend 3 days going through my list but the new file didnt work!!!

i have noticed that the corrected words that have a comma in them ie ,a|am or a,ong|among dont get corrected, is there a complication due to the comma being present?
    We had a discussion of this above (see posts 30-34 one page back)....

Anyway, YES - the comma is a problem. In webos, the comma is an 'operator' that causes the 'check spelling / typos' action to be performed (along with other punctuaion and of course a space). So typos where the comma is the goof can't be corrected in webos apps.
    apoogies, thanks for the info tho
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    Upon opening Preware this morning, I noticed that all of my patches needed to be updated. The only one that wouldn't update was 3000 Autoreplace Words, which was automatically deleted. Now, when I go to re-install it, it comes up with an error. Any suggestions? Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by discdoc View Post
    Upon opening Preware this morning, I noticed that all of my patches needed to be updated. The only one that wouldn't update was 3000 Autoreplace Words, which was automatically deleted. Now, when I go to re-install it, it comes up with an error. Any suggestions? Thanks!
    go back to the first post on this list and reinstall manually with wosqi than update it to my list on the second page as directed in the second(ish) post on first page.
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    post #34 is my latest file.

So is this the lastest/ most upto date file
    Quote Originally Posted by ten08 View Post
    it is a violation of copyright laws to copy and post original palm webos file in this forum so be careful .
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast