1.    #1  
    I was wonding if holding the gesture area wile opening the slider could be another/a new gesture. I was trying to think of a way to launch the flashlight app even faster then it being on the quicklaunch bar (mine is hidden) or device menu, and came up with this. It would be cool if holding the gesture area wile opening the slider launched the flash light app.
    it would be much better to turn sideways and slideout keyboard

Donate Via Paypal to Email Adress: silent2205@gmail.com
    Email: fritos1406@aim.com
    Twitter: @fritos1406
  3.    #3  
    would it? either way

edit: u talking easier coding or as far as a gesture? because i never go landscape unless its to view text easier, watch movies, or play a game that only runs in landscape. so for me it would be more intuitive to hold the gesture area and slide open (or closed). i think other people using my phone would open the app like that on accident all the time (which i wouldnt mind) because people allways open the phone by pushing the gesture area or the screen, but it would just be the most convenient way to do it for me.

o and happy birthday!
    Last edited by patricksmangan; 01/12/2010 at 03:13 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by patricksmangan View Post
    would it? either way

edit: u talking easier coding or as far as a gesture? because i never go landscape unless its to view text easier, watch movies, or play a game that only runs in landscape. so for me it would be more intuitive to hold the gesture area and slide open (or closed). i think other people using my phone would open the app like that on accident all the time (which i wouldnt mind) because people allways open the phone by pushing the gesture area or the screen, but it would just be the most convenient way to do it for me.

o and happy birthday!
    well i was thinking on sliding out when having the phone on landscape. but then its true most people do tend to do that alot.

and thanks

Donate Via Paypal to Email Adress: silent2205@gmail.com
    Email: fritos1406@aim.com
    Twitter: @fritos1406
    @fritos Happy Birthday
    yes happy bday kid....keep it your good work.
  7.    #7  
    sure, this can be the b-day party thread, but does anyone else have any thoughts about the topic? Lol

more info w/o a bump: another reason I'd like this is because I usually flip open the slider anyway to turn on the screen fast, like when I want to turn on the flashlight, so adding the gesture hold to that to launch that app would be second nature to me, cause I already do that to get there

or I guess gestures don't work wen the screen is off, so having this ability when opening or closing the slider would be cool, so you can do it either way
    Last edited by patricksmangan; 01/12/2010 at 07:10 PM.