Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes
    Global Posts
    201 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Speebs View Post
    I'm thinking of putting together a database of all touched files (for both patches and eventually apps, if possible). Is there a way for me to download a zip file of ALL of the submitted patches? I will write a script to yank out all of the relevant info and put it into a database. I think that would be extremely helpful for developers and homebrew users!
    Good stuff hope you can get this from the webosinternals folks
    Like Palm, idiots not so much? Visit MockTheAfflicted

twitter: @benfysh
    Global Posts
    201 Global Posts
    @Speebs I tweeted @webosinternals and this was there response:

Twitter

All the patches are stored in a public git repository - anyone can do what is suggested. Make it so
    I'm guessing you can find the details on WebOS Internals
    Like Palm, idiots not so much? Visit MockTheAfflicted

twitter: @benfysh
    At OP. The links to the portal in the original post say that the site is down for maintenance, but the links in your signature work fine. Can you update?
    Quote Originally Posted by patricksmangan View Post
    At OP. The links to the portal in the original post say that the site is down for maintenance, but the links in your signature work fine. Can you update?
    Looks like one out of the four references in the first post is still pointing to the old site. The other three references to patches.webos-internals.org are correct.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Looks like one out of the four references in the first post is still pointing to the old site. The other three references to patches.webos-internals.org are correct.

-- Rod
    The first link wont load on my iPad, so i don't know about that one. The next two point to the old site, in which every link sais that the site is down for maintenance. The trac wiki site works fine.

So the links in his signature seem to be the correct ones.
    Last edited by patricksmangan; 11/25/2010 at 04:32 PM.
    patches.webos-internals.org is the correct link.

If there are instances of links pointing to places other than that, please ask the moderators to change them.

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Speebs View Post
    I'm sorry if this has already been discussed- is there a way to add a feature where for every patch, the developer lists all of the files touched, so that when there is a conflict, we can easily search and find out which patches the offenders are? I'm willing to start up a separate database for this (if developers are willing to enter the info), but I think this is a more appropriate place to aggregate that data.
    The patches themselves have the names of the files that are being modified, so this information could be extracted when the patch is submitted.

Instead of having to search to find potential offenders, it would be nice to have a 'may conflict with..' link associated with each patch. Clicking on it would bring up the list of patches that modify some of the same files. For example, there's been an update to the "Advanced Configuration for System Preferences" patch. Unfortunately, I can't install it because of a conflict with another patch (or patches). If I can't figure out what caused the conflict from the log, I'll have to run the Emergency Patch Recovery utility and then re-install the patches.
    Awesome, thnx so much for this, my patches are getting hard to keep up on even after having my pre for less than a month LOL
    Anyone know who the contact is for patch submission? I think dbsooner has not been active for a while.
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Preference guide for MetaView's UberCalendar patch
    Quote Originally Posted by frantid View Post
    Anyone know who the contact is for patch submission? I think dbsooner has not been active for a while.
    Reply to the email address that sends the acknowledgement of your patch submission.

-- Rod
    I am getting a file download message at present, rather than the http website . . .
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    hi, this portal has been an valuable source of information. Will it be updated?
    Quote Originally Posted by nomadph View Post
    hi, this portal has been an valuable source of information. Will it be updated?
    What kind of update are you expecting? It is showing current information right now.

-- Rod
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    it only shows cat 3.0.4
    Quote Originally Posted by nomadph View Post
    it only shows cat 3.0.4
    That is correct. You must have missed all the talk about 3.0.5 and AUSMT.

When AUSMT exits beta testing, the patch portal will be updated to accept 3.0.5 patch submissions.

-- Rod
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    That is correct. You must have missed all the talk about 3.0.5 and AUSMT.

When AUSMT exits beta testing, the patch portal will be updated to accept 3.0.5 patch submissions.

-- Rod
    I will check that out
    How long does it take to get approval for a simple patch? Because I've submitted it like 5 days ago. I know you guys are already doing a lot so I'm not mad or something but it would be helpful to at least have an ETA.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vistaus View Post
    How long does it take to get approval for a simple patch? Because I've submitted it like 5 days ago. I know you guys are already doing a lot so I'm not mad or something but it would be helpful to at least have an ETA.
    Looking at the logs, it seems that patch was denied, but the email address submitted bounced.

Here is the denial reason from the logs:

"While the patch applies successfully, the patch portal policy does not allow patches that rely on a separate app to be included. Maybe add it to your app's install scripts."

I have not personally looked at the patch, so cannot comment further specifically about the patch you submitted, but in general if a submission patches on a file that is not in the stock webOS doctor image, then our patch portal cannot accept it. If that is not the case, please resubmit with a valid email address this time.

-- Rod
    Hmm, but why is the Advanced Browser default patch included in Preware then? Because my patch is exactly the same as that patch except for a different com.xxx.xxx.xxx and different app name. All of the lines are exactly the same so that should mean that the Advanced Browser one needs to be removed from the feed as that is an external app as well.

And my e-mail address is valid. No one has problems contacting me, even you contacted me one time via that e-mail address.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vistaus View Post
    Hmm, but why is the Advanced Browser default patch included in Preware then? Because my patch is exactly the same as that patch except for a different com.xxx.xxx.xxx All of the lines are exactly the same so that should mean that the Advanced Browser one needs to be removed from the feed.

And my e-mail address is valid. No one has problems contacting me, even you contacted me one time via tht e-mail address.
    The bounce message I saw in the log was to an email address which had three 's' characters immediately before the '@'. Perhaps you entered it incorrectly.

Please resubmit, taking care to enter your email address correctly, and I'll take a look at the patch.

-- Rod
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast