Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes
    Ok, people ask how could I possibly think that WebOs has more potential than Google's droids, the iphone, or any other device... this is a perfect example - proving that the architecture was built to keep evolving. And brilliant minds will keep revealing the real POWER (yes WebOs is a freegin power house) the Os has to offer.
    Hi!
    I found the site is broken. When do you plan to restore normal work?
    Make sure you are going to the real site:

webOS-Patches Web Portal

-- Rod
    Using Preware 1.3.7 running Webos 1.4.5

Is there any reason why I can see a patch on the website but NOT in the corresponding feed in Preware? Updated the feeds this morning and still no dice.

Thanks in advance!
    Quote Originally Posted by MudShark22 View Post
    Using Preware 1.3.7 running Webos 1.4.5

Is there any reason why I can see a patch on the website but NOT in the corresponding feed in Preware? Updated the feeds this morning and still no dice.

Thanks in advance!
    It may have failed to build the package properly.

Which patch is it?

-- Rod
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    It may have failed to build the package properly.

Which patch is it?

-- Rod
    it's warlord9159's "devicemenu ultramix" patches. They are listed under the 1.4.5 system patches but I can't see them in the feed itself
    it's warlord9159's "devicemenu ultramix" patches. They are listed under the 1.4.5 system patches but I can't see them in the feed itself
    I don't think he submitted a version for 1.4.5

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    I don't think he submitted a version for 1.4.5

-- Rod
    in the feeds I see a placeholder (1.4.5-0) but on the site it says 1.4.5-62 IIRC
    in the related thread he mentioned he submitted it yesterday. I will go back there and ask whassup etc.
    in the feeds I see a placeholder (1.4.5-0) but on the site it says 1.4.5-62 IIRC
    OK, this means something went wrong in the backend. I'll take a look at it.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    rod: the patch maintainer just said he was uploading incorrectly and that he is fixing it. Thanks for the replies!!
    rwhitby
    Today it works!
    Make sure you are going to the real site:

webOS-Patches Web Portal

-- Rod

Thanks Rod! The link in the first post from dbsooner was taking everyone to a site that said the server is down for maintenance (has said that for a long time). I went ahead and changed his link to the one you posted above. Hope you guys don't mind.

Great portal - very helpful!
    Global Posts
    201 Global Posts
    Hi,

Just to let you know the webospatchupload.php page http://patches.webos-internals.org/webospatchupload.php that's linked after you submit a patch isnt working for me in chrome.

Cheers,
    Ben
    Like Palm, idiots not so much? Visit MockTheAfflicted

twitter: @benfysh
    Global Posts
    403 Global Posts
    I'm sorry if this has already been discussed- is there a way to add a feature where for every patch, the developer lists all of the files touched, so that when there is a conflict, we can easily search and find out which patches the offenders are? I'm willing to start up a separate database for this (if developers are willing to enter the info), but I think this is a more appropriate place to aggregate that data.
    Global Posts
    201 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Speebs View Post
    I'm sorry if this has already been discussed- is there a way to add a feature where for every patch, the developer lists all of the files touched, so that when there is a conflict, we can easily search and find out which patches the offenders are? I'm willing to start up a separate database for this (if developers are willing to enter the info), but I think this is a more appropriate place to aggregate that data.
    Theoretically this should be possible to do without developers listing all the files touched as patch files contain the file names within them.

[i]-- Sent from my Palm PrPrPr
    Like Palm, idiots not so much? Visit MockTheAfflicted

twitter: @benfysh
    Global Posts
    403 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Benuk View Post
    Theoretically this should be possible to do without developers listing all the files touched as patch files contain the file names within them.

[i]-- Sent from my Palm PrPrPr
    hmmm... good point. This would be great, as some patches touch files you wouldn't expect them to (bar-assistant for example). Makes it very difficult to resolve conflicts.
    Hi,
    Somebody has pointed out, and i checked, that for some reason the patch "Delete Email and View Next - Newer Message" is showing up as a place holder on PreWare.
    It looks ok on the website though.

Thanks
    Global Posts
    403 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Speebs View Post
    I'm thinking of putting together a database of all touched files (for both patches and eventually apps, if possible). Is there a way for me to download a zip file of ALL of the submitted patches? I will write a script to yank out all of the relevant info and put it into a database. I think that would be extremely helpful for developers and homebrew users!
    Cheers! Another great idea from the community!

My Themes:CLICK HERE
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast