Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by dBsooner View Post
    I have finally finished the next version of my "WebOS-Patches Submission Form". I have decided to name it the "WebOS-Patches Web Portal".
    Just something I noticed, the actual page title is miss spelled as "WebsOS..."
    (click the link) somehow an extra "s" sneaked in there.

............smells like rotten apple spy, KILL IT!

(Unless it was intentional?)
    Well done- kudos all around.

Since you are taking suggestions (tee hee hee) - how about.....

A new column with a check button for each row (record), enabling the site visitor to build a list of desired patches, and then, enable some type of "checkout" where you deliver the accumulated links via one email, or perhaps a separate window.

It may require some heavy lifting specific to coding- but the pay off would be a compelling one stop shop, especially for noobs.
    Great addition to our community. Thanks for the work you've done. It helps all of us stay current with additions to our Pres.
    Is this portal still the preferred way to submit new patches? I submitted a patch about 2 weeks ago and haven't gotten any feedback or response besides the automated submission email. If there is something I can do to help out the process, I'd be glad to assist, but if there is a backlog in the approval process I completely understand. Thanks!

--Todd
    nice job,keep going
    about how long does it take for a submitted patch to be approved/denied? I submitted 3 patches several weeks ago and have heard nothing other than the automated email. Not trying to rush anyone, I just want to make sure I did it right and that the patches were received by you.
    Rod wrote on another thread that no patches are getting added/updated in Preware because the Webos Internals patch meister is MIA. He went to say they are in the process of looking for a new one & are moving the portal to a new server.
    Note that the new address for the patches portal is

http://patches.webos-internals.org/

Daniel, can you please update the first post?

We're back open for business, so send in those patch updates.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    the text message ringtone shuts off in middle of ringtone and i couldnt find a patch that fixes that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Larson53 View Post
    the text message ringtone shuts off in middle of ringtone and i couldnt find a patch that fixes that.
    No
    why arent screen shots working for the last few patches added? i would like to see what the patch will look like or what not before i decide if i want to impliment on my pre or not
    Quote Originally Posted by houstonmale04 View Post
    why arent screen shots working for the last few patches added? i would like to see what the patch will look like or what not before i decide if i want to impliment on my pre or not
    There was a bug in the submission script. Should be fixed now.

Please submit an update with new screenshots.

-- Rod
    Last edited by rwhitby; 07/30/2010 at 10:32 PM.
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    Rod,

There appears to be a new issue. VZ Navigator patch that I submitted came through in the feeds with a blank (0 bytes) .patch file. I submitted again to provide the proper patch file, but hopefully there is no issue with the underlying system.
    - James Harris

Author of:
    WhitePages, FlashCards (and FlashCards Lite), GPS Fix, Anonymous Texter, TripThat, and Mobile Florist

Follow me on Twitter and Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by spdsktr View Post
    Rod,

There appears to be a new issue. VZ Navigator patch that I submitted came through in the feeds with a blank (0 bytes) .patch file. I submitted again to provide the proper patch file, but hopefully there is no issue with the underlying system.
    Seems that the underlying system doesn't handle patches that modify carrier-specific files unless those carrier specific files have been installed in our patch test area. So when it regenerated the patch files, they came out empty.

I've pushed it through manually, and it should appear when the autobuilder runs next (usually within 30 mins).

-- Rod
    I recently submitted a Calander Snooze Duration patch update for v1.4.5 only however folks on 1.4.1.1 and 1.4.2 saw the update and applied the update however this update does not work for those versions.

Is there something rong with the submission form or am i doing something rong? I did uncheck all but 1.4.5 on the submission form.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lclarkjr View Post
    I recently submitted a Calander Snooze Duration patch update for v1.4.5 only however folks on 1.4.1.1 and 1.4.2 saw the update and applied the update however this update does not work for those versions.

Is there something rong with the submission form or am i doing something rong? I did uncheck all but 1.4.5 on the submission form.
    Please resubmit the required updates, and I'll look at them personally.

-- Rod
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Please resubmit the required updates, and I'll look at them personally.

-- Rod

Done.
    Done.
    Please check the feeds now.

-- Rod
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Please check the feeds now.

-- Rod
    The 1.4.5 version looks good. I will have to check the one for the earlier versions when I get off work.

Did you find an issue with the form or was I doing something rong?
    The 1.4.5 version looks good. I will have to check the one for the earlier versions when I get off work.

Did you find an issue with the form or was I doing something rong?
    You were doing everything correctly.

-- Rod
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast