Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567
    Global Posts
    962 Global Posts
    I can't get it to work on a pre3 with 2.2.3. I have sconix's Advanced System Menues (ATT/VZW) installed, not sure if that's a problem, but I managed to install Advanced Reset Options through WOSQI, but it didn't work. Uninstalled and now it won't install through preware.
    Original Palm Pilot+modem > Kyocera QCP 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 650 > HTC TyTN (ugh) > Palm Centro > Nokia E75 > Nokia E72 + iPad2 > HP Veer + TouchPad + UK Pre3 + AT&T Pre3 > iPad2 + ATT Pre3 + Nokia N9 > Galaxy S3 > Pre3 > Nexus 4 > Blackberry Q10 + Galaxy Note 8.0
  2.    #123  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mize View Post
    I can't get it to work on a pre3 with 2.2.3. I have sconix's Advanced System Menues (ATT/VZW) installed, not sure if that's a problem, but I managed to install Advanced Reset Options through WOSQI, but it didn't work. Uninstalled and now it won't install through preware.
    no idea why. sounds like a patch conflict of some kind. Could try uninstalling other patches to determine which one conflicts. All I know is it works fine on my Pre3 and has been confirmed to work on others.
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    Global Posts
    962 Global Posts
    Here's the long version:
    Kept getting messages about the 2.2.3 OTA and kept hitting "later" but eventually it apparently decided to tell me to f-off and did some sort of auto update while I still had a bunch of patches installed (Advanced Reset, menus, muffle, etc.). As a result my patches stopped working and I eventually had to doctor to 2.2.3 (app wipe didn't help).

After the doctor I got Advanced Menus installed but can't get Reset to install. At first I couldn't get Menus because I was using Preware's Saved Package feature and it was installing the non-ATT/VZW version (maybe because I also have a UK phone, but they worked on 2.2). Wound up having to use Emergency Patch to get Menus Framework installed.

Not sure if there is some residual setting that dorked it from using Preware's Saved Packages or the "Save/Restore" app...

I could do another Emergency Patch and start with Reset...
    Original Palm Pilot+modem > Kyocera QCP 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 650 > HTC TyTN (ugh) > Palm Centro > Nokia E75 > Nokia E72 + iPad2 > HP Veer + TouchPad + UK Pre3 + AT&T Pre3 > iPad2 + ATT Pre3 + Nokia N9 > Galaxy S3 > Pre3 > Nexus 4 > Blackberry Q10 + Galaxy Note 8.0
    Global Posts
    962 Global Posts
    Using what tiny bit of logic I could muster this morning I guessed that the only patch that might interfere would be advanced menus power...and it was. Removed it and Advanced Reset installed fine.
    After a few failures, ran EPR and started over again with the 'getting started' guide. Everything's installing fine.
    Last edited by woosh; 10/27/2011 at 09:56 PM. Reason: slept on it
    You plug your phone in?
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    The german version of the patch is just an empty file in git.
    I patched the german poweroffalert-scene.html myself (Attachment).
    May I upload it to the patch-portal as an update?
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Touchpad 32GB and Veer | my app MySongBook | my Dark Glass Theme | apps involved in: OrganizeMe!, ReadOnTouch
    The patch in preware works, but I didn't commit it to git, you may commit the version of the ipk from ipkg.preware.org/feeds/... But I have not the rights to commit to git.

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    The original version wasn't working ( as you noticed it was an empty file) so I changed it and resubmitted it to the patch portal. Btw I am not so familiar with git.

The german version of the patch is just an empty file in git.
    I patched the german poweroffalert-scene.html myself (Attachment).
    May I upload it to the patch-portal as an update?
    I mean the German version of the Patch, but forgot to say German version sorry.

Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    I think it'll show up in git, when the patch got accepted.
    Just didn't know if some is still maintaining the patch.
    Thanks for fixing it.
    Touchpad 32GB and Veer | my app MySongBook | my Dark Glass Theme | apps involved in: OrganizeMe!, ReadOnTouch
    On my webOS 2.2.4 Pre3, the German patch "Advanced Reset Options - DE" doesn't restart luna as expected. Doesn't do anything instead. Everything else works flawlessly.

Thanks for the patch!

[edit]
    Problem solved! The IPK of the German patch does not include the SysToolsMgr package dependency. Installing that one first (or installing the English package first - which asks for installing the SysToolsMgr) and the DE package afterwards did the trick.

I would like to suggest including SysToolsMgr dependency into the DE package.
    [/edit]
    Last edited by ZehHa; 04/16/2014 at 01:27 AM.
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567