Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by BraveMax View Post
    I can't seem to find this patch in Preware... Has it been removed?
    ditto, where is it at in preware?
    Global Posts
    462 Global Posts
    I did a full reset (WebOSDoctor) of my pre yesterday just to be sure but the Patch still isn't working :-(

And non of the old three Buttons too.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I cannot get rid of this patch no matter what I try, epr, unistall with quickinstall, webos repair. Nothing! Help please it's all glitched and I wanna reinstall it so it works again but I can't.
    Global Posts
    180 Global Posts
    I took the freedom to adapt the German poweroffalert-scene.html to work with this patch.

This is NOT an elegant solution by any means. I would prefer Jason to include it in his original patch, but he hasn't answered my PM yet, so I post it anyways.

Issues:
    • If you uninstall the patch, your power button menu won't work. You have to replace the poweroffalert-scene.html with the one you backed up

installation:
    • install Jasons patch
    • backup your original file
      to do so, open webOS quick install -> Tools -> receive a file
      the file you want is:
      /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/resources/de_de/views/poweroffalert/poweroffalert-scene.html
      save it in a cool and dry place
    • download the attached poweroffalert-scene.txt and rename it to poweroffalert-scene.html
    • install the patch
    • in webOS quick install, chose Tools -> send file
      chose the poweroffalert-scene.html you just renamed
      Destination Directory is
      /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/resources/de_de/views/poweroffalert
    • open Tools -> Linux commandline and execute the command
      pkill LunaSysMgr

you're done.
    to remove the patch, use webOS quick installs Device management, and repeat the "Send File" step with the backup you made of your original html file

again, this is a hack to make this usable for ME.
    if you don't know what you are doing or how to save your **** if it goes wrong, wait for Jason to include it in the patch.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by kanzlr; 02/24/2010 at 02:18 AM. Reason: added "install Jasons patch" to the installation procedure
    Hey! Jason tks for this and so many other great patches.

Had an idea to you think you could add a Dev Mode Toggle to the patch?

This way I could remove one more APP and start to clean up some of the clutter!

Thanks, again for all your work.

CaliMark (Mark Reed)
    Quote Originally Posted by CaliMark View Post
    Hey! Jason tks for this and so many other great patches.

Had an idea to you think you could add a Dev Mode Toggle to the patch?

This way I could remove one more APP and start to clean up some of the clutter!

Thanks, again for all your work.

CaliMark (Mark Reed)

There are already a couple patches available for that. There is one in Preware called "Unhide Dev Mode Icon" and Jason has a patch called "Advanced Options in Launcher". I just installed the launcher patch yesterday.
    Global Posts
    974 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Taurec View Post
    Java is mainly everything. You have to know that WebOS is based on a Linux 2.6 Kernal and Luna is more or less only a Java Gui. Most of all Apps are build with HTML, CSS and Java only. Thats all you need to develop (as long as you don't want to create a game like NFS). If you want to see some soucecodes of WebOS Apps just search Sourceforge for it.
    Thanks Taurec, but I'm actually referring to Java not Javascript. I'm curious to find out more about Java's place in the webOS "ecosystem".
    Jason, Thank you for this patch; I added it the first week it was released and use it daily.
    This patch is priceless, and has replaced my need for Luna Mgr. Well Done.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    I installed this patch and Jason's older one before that. When I run Emergency Patch Verification (to get ready for 1.4) this patch crashes EPV. How can I remove (hopefully without a doctor)

thanks
    Global Posts
    462 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kanzlr View Post
    I took the freedom to adapt the German poweroffalert-scene.html to work with this patch.
    Awesome.

Just two commends:

• The Translation for Shutdown is wrong. You used "Abdrehen" Instead of "Ausschalten"
    • You should mention that your "Update" should be installed after applying Jasons Patch

I attached a corrected HTML
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Taurec; 02/24/2010 at 02:07 AM.
    Global Posts
    180 Global Posts
    thanks Taurec

but in Austria, we say "Abdrehen" like "Bitte das Licht abdrehen"
    so I translated the scene to Austrian *g*
    Global Posts
    462 Global Posts
    lol... I didn't knew that
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    I might be the only guy having this problem since it's been a few weeks and no one else reported it, but ever since grabbing 1.4.0, the "Airplane Mode" toggle in this menu doesn't actually turn off the radios. It obviously toggles something, because when I open it the first time it says

"Airplane Mode"
    and after I choose it it and bring it up again it says
    "Turn off Airplane Mode"

But after 10-15 minutes as well as a device restart, it doesn't actually do anything besides change the name of the menu item.

Are there any other patches I should test for compatibility? Am I the only person to see this happening?

**EDIT**
    And, of course, Jason is already on it.
    http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...ml#post2291372
    Last edited by flare576; 03/08/2010 at 01:39 PM.
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    Hi Jason,
    Thanks for all the great work you do on WebOS.
    I am having a problem with this patch. When I press and hold for the reset options, all I am getting is Airplane Mode, Java-Services Restart, Luna Restart. Nothing else. When I try to remove the patch I get an error message. Error Removing: See IPKG Log (Press OK or IPKG Log)
    Thanks
    hey Jason,
    This is an awesome patch! I only have one gripe about it- the Java services button. Why is it there? Most patches probably never use Java Restart- it's only useful if you're installing services and such. And if you're doing that, chances are Preware will ask you to do it with a button in preware, eliminating the need for this button... could you please release a version of this patch without the jave services restart button? I'd really appreciate it
    Thanks for making this patch, and also thanks for the other awesome patches you've made!
    Quote Originally Posted by DocWllk View Post
    Hi Jason,
    Thanks for all the great work you do on WebOS.
    I am having a problem with this patch. When I press and hold for the reset options, all I am getting is Airplane Mode, Java-Services Restart, Luna Restart. Nothing else. When I try to remove the patch I get an error message. Error Removing: See IPKG Log (Press OK or IPKG Log)
    Thanks
    Preware says that this patch is installed. I get the same behavior listed above. When I try to uninstall I get the following log file:

-1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.notifications-advanced-reset-options.prerm 2>&1
    Unreversed patch detected! Ignore -R? [n]
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/controllers/bar-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$

Any suggestions, short of doctoring my phone which I plan to do for 1.4.5 on on ATT Pre+. Who knows how long that will be (grin).
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    Hello. Thanks for your apps and patches. I have a spanish pre, and when I install this app, I get the screen attached.

As you can see, the space reserved for buttons is shown, but java, device and luna restart options, not.

Also, the shut down/reboot still reads that way, instead of shut down.

Is this because the OS is spanish?

Thanks.
    Global Posts
    462 Global Posts
    yes. This Patch works in English only. I have the same Problem with German. Search thrue this thread. There is a short description somewhere how to localise it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Taurec View Post
    yes. This Patch works in English only. I have the same Problem with German. Search thrue this thread. There is a short description somewhere how to localise it.
    OK. First of all, I know *nothing* of patching and all that stuff, so if I talk nonsenses, please forgive me.

It seems to me that the patch goes directly to modify the original english source code, instead of patching the several languages supported by the UI, and I think that's why it is needed to edit the poweroffalert-scene.html file.

Should the patch modify all localised poweroffalert-scene.html files?
    Global Posts
    462 Global Posts
    Right.. the patch only changes the Englisch HTML-File. I asked the Autor to include the German.html file (which I can provide) but he don't wanted to and told me to create a german Version of the Patch myselfe
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast