Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    I'm having trouble removing an earlier version of this patch [installed via Preware]. I just did an EPR a few days ago because I couldn't get a different patch to remove and really don't feel like doing the same thing again.

Any suggestions?
    [I found a nice post that gave a list of suggestions... but now I can't find it again. Please help.]
    {Found it. For others that might want it... look here.}
    Last edited by Trident; 01/21/2010 at 01:45 PM.
    I have systoolsmgr installed, but can't seem to get this one to install, either via PreWare or WOSQI. Not sure what's wrong. Error says it's detecting a previously installed (or removed) patch, but I have no other patches from the "Notifications" category installed.
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    I just ran EPR, since I had some other patches acting a little buggy as well.
    We'll see if I can install this now.
    Update in a bit.
    ==================
    ditto for me from the below post.
    I just tried to re-install this patch on an unpatched device and got the same msg.
    Screenshot of log attached.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Trident; 01/23/2010 at 02:44 PM.
    EPR didn't help me with getting this app installed. Jason? Any other suggestions? I love, and very much want, this added functionality.
    Jason, I have asked the guy that wrote the simple 'Reset' App to consider adding to his app a way to have the Pre reset or reboot at specific times, I would like every 24 hours in the wee hours of the morning.

He has been busy with school, but I'm sure he would welcome someone providing this feature for us.

Could you modify this patch to allow for setting a reboot for specific times? Or seeing if you can work on his 'Reset' app, I have a feeling he would not mind. He never expected that many people to want it, and then ask for extra features.

Really!!!.. read his thread, I'm sure if you are interested in doing this and ask, he would welcome it coming from the master!

We really do need something to automate an automatic reboot on a regular basis. I'm sure you know that by now, you do have your Pre finally?

Thanks!

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    Can anyone confirm that this patch is working for them on the most recent version of WebOS?
    Before I do anything drastic, I'd like to know.
    I just realized that original Advanced reset patch (the one with about half the options) survived the EPR! Now I'm really confused.
  7.    #47  
    Quote Originally Posted by Trident View Post
    Can anyone confirm that this patch is working for them on the most recent version of WebOS?
    I just realized that original Advanced reset patch (the one with about half the options) survived the EPR! Now I'm really confused.
    O.o that's odd

The current patch is working fine on my device. Had it fine for over a week, no issues
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Trident View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    O.o that's odd

The current patch is working fine on my device. Had it fine for over a week, no issues
    I thought so too.
    Looks like I'm going to try the Repair Utility. Hopefully I can avoid having to Dr. my Pre.

Before I do...
    Does the following error message help determine what might be going on?
    =====
    Just removed theme and ran EPR again.
    Still, no patches found. But I still have that old Reset Options set of choices.
    Just so I'm clear, when I hold the power button, the screenshot is what I see.
    Absolutely no patches or theme installed.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Trident; 01/23/2010 at 07:58 PM.
    Global Posts
    462 Global Posts
    O.o that's odd
    No it isnt because on 1.3.5.2 it is NOT working.
  10.    #50  
    Quote Originally Posted by Taurec View Post
    No it isnt because on 1.3.5.2 it is NOT working.
    the only people it wouldn't work for would theoretically be non-english-language pres. I passed the other tests on the pre/pixi emulators and my sprint pre
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    Global Posts
    462 Global Posts
    That is correct :-(
    Any way to add the "gargabe" funciton from JSTop to this patch?
    Laissez Faire
    Is there a way to shorten the time between power button hold and when the power options come up?
    I can't seem to find this patch in Preware... Has it been removed?
    Global Posts
    974 Global Posts
    A lot of higher functioning apps (Calendar, Contacts, Preware, Internalz, the list goes on and on) uses Java services.
    Jason, could you give a further explanation as to what the interaction is between these apps and Java? (or point me to a link) OR, maybe stated differently: What exactly is Java's role/place in webOS? Feel free to be as technical in your answer as you want. Are we talking Java ME? SE? Is the entire Luna "system" running on Java? Thanks for any info!!
    Global Posts
    462 Global Posts
    Java is mainly everything. You have to know that WebOS is based on a Linux 2.6 Kernal and Luna is more or less only a Java Gui. Most of all Apps are build with HTML, CSS and Java only. Thats all you need to develop (as long as you don't want to create a game like NFS). If you want to see some soucecodes of WebOS Apps just search Sourceforge for it.
    Still not able to get this to install, either via Preware, or WOSQI 3.0.

Confused.
    Brilliant patch, thanks a lot.
    I've installed it, and it shows Airplane Mode, Java Restart, and Luna Restart, but that's ALL it shows.

???
    I finally used EPR, and installed this patch first. And it installed. So perhaps it was conflicting with another patch I was using. Sadly, now I can't get the virtual keyboard installed. Sigh. Oh, well.
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast