Page 9 of 26 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131419 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by lmorchard View Post
    That color patch won't work directly on top of v6. But, you can remove v6, make a similar modification to the patch itself (ie. add a color: style after opacity: in the #page-category styles in launcher.css), then re-apply the patch.
    I had the color patch work correctly with version 6.

Maybe you can make the patch more easily changeable for us.

Maybe add a comment in the sections we need to change and offer suggestions in the comments on how to do it.

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

I should point out that I'm back to version 5, I think we've express that that is a nicer look at this time.

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

Hi guys. I just posted over in Jason R's "Hide Quick Launch Bar" patch thread. I just noticed this morning that while Jason's patch works great alongside this one when swiping between launcher pages, it does not continue to work when jumping between pages using the titlebar drop down picker. I suppose that makes sense as I imagine l.m. is using some very differnt functionality to jump pages and Jason's original patch wouldn't have needed to account for that -- only for swiping. Not lmorchard's problem, but in case others here are using both I figured I'd mention it here too.
  4.    #164  
    Quote Originally Posted by greenawayj View Post
    Hi guys. I just posted over in Jason R's "Hide Quick Launch Bar" patch thread. I just noticed this morning that while Jason's patch works great alongside this one when swiping between launcher pages, it does not continue to work when jumping between pages using the titlebar drop down picker. I suppose that makes sense as I imagine l.m. is using some very differnt functionality to jump pages and Jason's original patch wouldn't have needed to account for that -- only for swiping. Not lmorchard's problem, but in case others here are using both I figured I'd mention it here too.
    It looks like this is because I selectively hide and reveal the quick launch bar when showing the submenu and when showing the page rename dialog, just like Palm does with the App Info dialog. That's something Jason's patch modifies in the built-in Palm code, but not mine.

If you want to make sure the quick launch bar doesn't ever get revealed by my patch, you can customize the patch by changing every line that looks like this:

SystemManagerService.showQuickLaunch(true);

To look like this:

SystemManagerService.showQuickLaunch(false);

I think there are 2 instances in there to replace. I haven't actually tried this myself, but it should work because it's basically the same thing Jason's patch does.
    Last edited by lmorchard; 01/23/2010 at 01:57 PM.
    l.m.orchard
    {web,mad,computer} scientist
    http://decafbad.com/
    lmorchard that fixes the issue with the launcher, thanks! You have truly helped make this my Pre!!
    Thanks. I know mamouton already confirmed, but that worked perfectly. You rock. Maybe an idea to build this into your current patch(es) -- for one, those concerned with saving a few pixels up top in the header bar, can really get a lot back at the bottom by hiding the QL bar!!!

Thanks again.
    Request...can someone integrate the smooth transition from page to page of the wrap pages patch into your patch so that when we scroll to a new page there isnt that animation? If you dont want to actually make a patch, I will donate some money to have that custom made for me if it includes a wrap.
    Last edited by darkheart777; 01/23/2010 at 06:31 PM.
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by darkheart777 View Post
    Request...can someone integrate the smooth transition from page to page of the wrap pages patch into your patch so that when we scroll to a new page there isnt that animation? If you dont want to actually make a patch, I will donate some money to have that custom made for me if it includes a wrap.
    I am really hoping someone could pick this up and develop it for me. Wanna keep this up to date and I am sure a few others wouldnt mind this as well.
    Have you tried the original wrap page patch? It works well for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    Have you tried the original wrap page patch? It works well for me.
    yeah ya know...I thought about that...but one of the great things about the most recent wrap pages was that it got rid of the animation when you flipped to a know page. It was a clean transition. THATS what I want back....along with the wrap...

Thats why I am so interested in getting this worked in...

Thanks for the suggestion though...
    Sorry if asked already -- would be nice if we could change the order of pages, maybe by dragging the page names is the list view.
    Laissez Faire
    I'm up for no animations as well. At first use you miss the animations but I grew to actually enjoy not watching several pages animate by.
    two things.. I like your patch... I was using the V6...

but maybe it was already discussed here, but it cannot be used with the wrap pages. I love wrap pages :-)

and the second. I had to reinstall my device. and the place where the name of the page is - the bigger ballon - not the one from version 6 I was using persisted in my launcher. There was no name in it only three dots.

I was not able to remove it.. I tried to reinstall the patch and to remove it again. It didnt allow me to install it. I did a partial and also a full reset.. still there.. I deleted my backup. and full reset.. still there... I created a new palm profile and full reset.. still there.. now Im trying to doctor it... But I have the greyed NEXT button and cant do a doctoring process.. starting to be worried...

EDIT: doctored after a few more resets.. the patch was no more there... but one thing I dont understand.. shouldnt doctoring and full reset be almost the same??? how is possilbe that after full reset the patch was still there.. and no.. it was not because my palm profile. Im now logged in with my old one and the patch is also not there...

but atleast it is working!
    Last edited by Walhalla2k; 01/28/2010 at 05:05 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Walhalla2k View Post
    and the second. I had to reinstall my device. and the place where the name of the page is - the bigger ballon - not the one from version 6 I was using persisted in my launcher. There was no name in it only three dots.

I was not able to remove it.. I tried to reinstall the patch and to remove it again. It didnt allow me to install it. I did a partial and also a full reset.. still there.. I deleted my backup. and full reset.. still there... I created a new palm profile and full reset.. still there.. now Im trying to doctor it... But I have the greyed NEXT button and cant do a doctoring process.. starting to be worried...

EDIT: doctored after a few more resets.. the patch was no more there... but one thing I dont understand.. shouldnt doctoring and full reset be almost the same??? how is possilbe that after full reset the patch was still there.. and no.. it was not because my palm profile. Im now logged in with my old one and the patch is also not there...

I had the same problem. I got rid of the three dot balloon by running WebOS Repair Utility with override compatibility checked, but I can't reinstall the patch. I get the attached error. Even removed the two files the error says already exists, but didn't work. Are there specific files I could remove/replace short of doctoring my whole phone?

Edit: Disregard. I forgot my own troubleshooting from a month ago. I had installed the Wrap Pages patch when I thought it wasn't going to work. Then I had deleted the two files in the error message and it still didn't work. "BUT", I just removed the Wrap Pages patch and Named Pages installed perfectly again.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Ramer84015; 01/28/2010 at 10:45 AM. Reason: Update
    Yeah is there anyway to incorporate the new wrap pages patch with this patch, I tried the old wrap pages and it works ok but when you go back and forth it still seems to skip pages at times and then i'm left with being on the first page but at top it says i'm on the second page, so I would like to get the new wrap pages patch to work that doesnt have any animation as that was done smoothly. I know you said it was tuff because he used a whole new transition code, but it would be greatly appreciated as I love this name page and would like to have both!!!
  17.    #177  
    Quote Originally Posted by Walhalla2k View Post

Having never reset, I'm not sure what that would do. But, I'm pretty sure it's not like running the webOS Doctor. I'd bet resetting just deletes your data but leaves the OS (and patches) alone, but the webOS Doctor should replace all files on the device with original unpatched sources.
    l.m.orchard
  18.    #178  
    Quote Originally Posted by yanks4life View Post
    Yeah is there anyway to incorporate the new wrap pages patch with this patch, I tried the old wrap pages and it works ok but when you go back and forth it still seems to skip pages at times and then i'm left with being on the first page but at top it says i'm on the second page, so I would like to get the new wrap pages patch to work that doesnt have any animation as that was done smoothly. I know you said it was tuff because he used a whole new transition code, but it would be greatly appreciated as I love this name page and would like to have both!!!
    I'll probably never get around to combining the wrap pages patch with this one, mostly because I don't use it myself and also because things are getting busy for me. Anyone else is welcome to give it a shot, though.
    l.m.orchard
    It looks like this is because I selectively hide and reveal the quick launch bar when showing the submenu and when showing the page rename dialog, just like Palm does with the App Info dialog. That's something Jason's patch modifies in the built-in Palm code, but not mine.

If you want to make sure the quick launch bar doesn't ever get revealed by my patch, you can customize the patch by changing every line that looks like this:

To look like this:

I think there are 2 instances in there to replace. I haven't actually tried this myself, but it should work because it's basically the same thing Jason's patch does.
    Just need to know where I go or what I do to customize the patch? It seems straight forward to just change the command from 'true' to 'false' just need to know where to go. Thanks a lot.

To look like this:

Where do you go to customize the patch? Thanks a lot.
Page 9 of 26 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131419 ... LastLast