Page 8 of 26 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast
  1.    #141  
    So, I just uploaded a new version of the patch, this time with a slimmer header. Not sure I'm entirely happy with it yet, since it seems a little hard to accurately hit with my thumb. I can manage it just fine with my index finger though. I added another screenshot up top for comparison, too.

http://forums.precentral.net/attachm...pages-v6.patch

Oh, and as always - remove the original patch before trying to apply the new one.
    Last edited by lmorchard; 01/22/2010 at 10:46 PM.
    l.m.orchard
    {web,mad,computer} scientist
    http://decafbad.com/
    Quote Originally Posted by lmorchard View Post
    So, I just uploaded a new version of the patch, this time with a slimmer header. Not sure I'm entirely happy with it yet, since it seems a little hard to accurately hit with my thumb. I can manage it just fine with my index finger though. I added another screenshot up top for comparison, too.

http://forums.precentral.net/attachm...pages-v6.patch

Oh, and as always - remove the original patch before trying to apply the new one.
    Thanks for the attempt, but this new version looks totally different than the original--not at all like a smaller version of the original. I agree with you about not being happy with it. Why can't it look the same only smaller?

I'll definitely stick with v5 for now. Thanks again for such a great patch and for working to enhance it based on user suggestions.

ME
    Mark A. Einersen
    HTC Evo 4G w/Seidio Innocase Active Limited Edition Case < Palm Pre < Palm Pixi (wife) < Palm Treo 755p < Palm Centro (wife) < pa1mOne Treo 650 < Palm Tungsten|E (wife) < Palm Tungsten|T3 w/Sena Case < Sony Clie NR70 < Palm m505 < Palm m105 (wife) < Palm Vx < Palm Pilot Professional w/2 MB upgrade < Palm Pilot Professional < Sharp Zaurus ZR-3500 < Casio Digital Diary SF-4000 < Casio Digital Diary SF-1000
  3.    #143  
    Quote Originally Posted by OnePalmAddict View Post
    Thanks for the attempt, but this new version looks totally different than the original--not at all like a smaller version of the original. I agree with you about not being happy with it. Why can't it look the same only smaller?

I'll definitely stick with v5 for now. Thanks again for such a great patch and for working to enhance it based on user suggestions.
    Well, the original and this update are just using built-in Palm styles. They can't be scaled down using CSS alone - or, at least, I don't know how. I can't find smaller versions of the builtin widgets or easily shrink them without some time in Photoshop or Gimp. And then, they couldn't be included in a normal patch, because patches usually only support text changes and not binary images.
    l.m.orchard
    I just tried version 6 and even though it very thin and a little harder to tap on, I kinda like it but maybe the size can be increase just a little bit more.

Also, it doesn't like it goes all the way from the left to the right of the screen, so maybe the width can be widen up a bit more.

I'm torn between liking this version and version 5.

I wonder if this can be make customizable or have it so we can pick from a few different flavors, this way each users can pick what they think looks good for them and works for them.

Also have a color picker built in (maybe from the edit menu) so we can pick on the fly the color style and font that we want to use.

Just a suggestion!

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

I have changed the font color on my title and at the request of rlanza1054 have created a patch that will let you change the color of the font in your title bar. This will only work if you have the named page app launcher installed.

You can just type the name of the color or add the #code for the color you like.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by mamouton; 01/23/2010 at 10:16 AM. Reason: clarified color change to be the font
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    I have changed the font color on my title and at the request of rlanza1054 have created a patch that will let you change the color of your title bar. This will only work if you have the named page app launcher installed.

You can just type the name of the color or add the #code for the color you like.
    Man did I wake you up early!

I just saw the message in this thread after reading your PM mail.

I'm going to download it and see how it works.

But as I said in a second message, I'm not sure this will work in version 6, there is something very different in that.

Rob

Thanks again!
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3

Quote Originally Posted by nyquistJack View Post
    This patch is absolutely incredible. It's so incredible its almost too good to be true. I LOVE that ability to move apps without having to drag between launcher ages, it was one of my biggest pet peives. Naming launcher pages makes me feel much more organized. I have this amazing patch, open to middle page and hide quick launch (only hide when launcher is up) and this has greatly improved my UI experience. Thank you thank you thank you!
    I concur this is a must have for the Pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by rlanza1054 View Post
    Man did I wake you up early!

I just saw the message in this thread after reading your PM mail.

I'm going to download it and see how it works.

But as I said in a second message, I'm not sure this will work in version 6, there is something very different in that.

Rob

Thanks again!
    Tried it with version 6 already and it works. I was up working on my dissertation when I saw your email, and threw the patch together for you right quick.
    OK, I installed the patch you posted here in the thread.

My question, when I rebooted, it came up orange. But did I misunderstand something, with this patch do I have to ability to change the color of the font in the title on the fly.

And if so, how do I do that?

I am assuming you wrote it so I don't have to modify the patch itself, but maybe I am wrong.

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3

You can't change on the fly you would need to open the patch I posted and where you see the color orange you can simply change it to another color via typing in the color or the html code.
    Remember you must uninstall the patch I wrote to change the color and then reinstall with the new color to avoid any mishaps.

This way you don't have to modify the main patch lmorchard wrote you are only changing one line in a two line patch.
    Ok, I see, you made the patch so all I would have to is edit your patch with the color, and then your patch modifies the main patch.

OK that's easy enough.

I thought you wrote something where I could change the color on the fly with out have to run WEBOSQI and all of that.

But this is simple enough.

And you said you got it work on version 6 as well?

OK, one more question, I see I can type the name of the color, so I assume it's just basic colors, such as: BLUE, YELLOW, RED, GREEN, ORANGE, PURPLE... simple color names.

If I want what you are saying WEB colors, I use the # and then a hex number.

Do you know where I can get a color web chart with the numbers?

Now, that I realized I pulled you from your dissertation, get back to work and forget about me. I will leave it alone for now. I don't want to be responsible for you not getting a good grade!

Thanks!

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3

I needed a break waiting on a response from my professor about a question. There several websites that have the web colors available for you. Here is one Web Color Chart - Hexadecimal - by VisiBone
    BTW, the orange on version 5 doesn't look that bad either. It's kinda nice!

Thanks!

I'm going to try this on version 6.

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3

Hello, how do I add/remove icons from my quick launch bar?
    Press and hold momentarily you will see a ripple and then you drag them off the launch bar, to add you just do the same thing but drag it to the quick launch bar, you can only have a total of five (four changeable)
    Ok I got it to work with version 6. Thank you very much!

It's interesting, I actually think version 6 is a tad on the thin side.

Versionn 5 I think had a nicer look to it.

What version do you like personally? This is geared to Mamouton, but I encourage everyone's opinion!

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3

version 5 IMO is the best version.
    Last edited by mamouton; 01/23/2010 at 09:44 AM.
    version IMO is the best version.
    You left out the version number?

LOL!

I'm going back to version 5 for now. I think after looking at it and playing with the phone for a few minutes (while I was having breakfast) version 6 is just too small, and doesn't look quite right.

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3

19.    #159  
    Quote Originally Posted by rlanza1054 View Post
    That color patch won't work directly on top of v6. But, you can remove v6, make a similar modification to the patch itself (ie. add a color: style after opacity: in the #page-category styles in launcher.css), then re-apply the patch.
    l.m.orchard
  20.    #160  
    version 5 IMO is the best version.
    I'd have to agree. I played with a few different styles tonight, trying to shrink the bar a bit, but I can only squeeze in a few more pixels of space for launcher icons before the header starts getting unusable.
    l.m.orchard
Page 8 of 26 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast