Page 7 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast
  1.    #121  
    Quote Originally Posted by OnePalmAddict View Post
    In other words, the NAMES of the last two pages got bumped up to the two unnamed pages. Any idea why this happened and how to prevent it in the future?
    Huh! That is definitely a weird bug. I've never seen that before, and can't see what would have caused it after a quick glance at the code. But I'll see if I can reproduce it somehow and root it out.
    l.m.orchard
    {web,mad,computer} scientist
    http://decafbad.com/
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    Dear lmorchard,

I am currently running WebOS 1.3.5.1, and attempted to install your "Named Pages In The Launcher using Preware and WebOS Quick Install, but it continually fails to install.

Please reference the attached screen capture of the failure for details, and advise accordingly.

Named Pages In The Launcher - Failed Install.doc

Thanks and Best Regards,

borsheck
    I woke up this morning to find that my Pre had rebooted overnight, resetting both the wallpaper and quick launch bar to the default. In the browser, all my bookmarks, history, and cookies were wiped clean. And each of my 5 named launcher pages reverted back to the default. I haven't noticed any other changes and all my personal data is fine.
  4.    #124  
    Quote Originally Posted by borsheck View Post
    Dear lmorchard,

I am currently running WebOS 1.3.5.1, and attempted to install your "Named Pages In The Launcher using Preware and WebOS Quick Install, but it continually fails to install.

Please reference the attached screen capture of the failure for details, and advise accordingly.

Named Pages In The Launcher - Failed Install.doc

Thanks and Best Regards,

borsheck
    I couldn't open the screenshot, but the general advice is to uninstall any other patches you have installed, install this one first, and then try the rest one at a time until one fails. That should tell you where the conflict is.
    l.m.orchard
  5.    #125  
    Quote Originally Posted by odontastic View Post
    I woke up this morning to find that my Pre had rebooted overnight, resetting both the wallpaper and quick launch bar to the default. In the browser, all my bookmarks, history, and cookies were wiped clean. And each of my 5 named launcher pages reverted back to the default. I haven't noticed any other changes and all my personal data is fine.
    I don't think this patch caused the reboot or the data wipeóbut if your cookies were wiped, that would certainly have wiped the page names also, since they're stored in a cookie for the launcher.
    l.m.orchard
    Weird thing happened to my patch...of the seven launcher pages I have, I named all but #4 and #5 (just hadn't thought of names I like yet). So my list looks like:

Name
    Name
    Name
    Name
    Name

However, when I tapped the title bar to get my list yesterday it looked like this:

Name
    Name
    Name
    Name (this was the name I had assigned to #6 originally)
    Name (this was the name I had assigned to #7 originally)

In other words, the NAMES of the last two pages got bumped up to the two unnamed pages. Any idea why this happened and how to prevent it in the future?

Thx
    ME
    Quote Originally Posted by lmorchard View Post
    Huh! That is definitely a weird bug. I've never seen that before, and can't see what would have caused it after a quick glance at the code. But I'll see if I can reproduce it somehow and root it out.
    Thanks for looking into it.
    Mark A. Einersen
    HTC Evo 4G w/Seidio Innocase Active Limited Edition Case < Palm Pre < Palm Pixi (wife) < Palm Treo 755p < Palm Centro (wife) < pa1mOne Treo 650 < Palm Tungsten|E (wife) < Palm Tungsten|T3 w/Sena Case < Sony Clie NR70 < Palm m505 < Palm m105 (wife) < Palm Vx < Palm Pilot Professional w/2 MB upgrade < Palm Pilot Professional < Sharp Zaurus ZR-3500 < Casio Digital Diary SF-4000 < Casio Digital Diary SF-1000
    Thanks for looking into it.
    I saw this too, but a reboot fixed that for me!

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

intersting thing happened after doctoring my pre...prior to doctoring I ran a full erase. Surprisingly, upon re-installing this patch; all my launcher names re appeared in the same order I had them in before doctoring...wierd
    Global Posts
    189 Global Posts
    Possible you can just release another version of this with a smaller bar? I would love that, and I see many others would too. Might be a pain to update both though i guess. I would really appreciate it though if you were able to do that. Thanks in advance.
    I really like this patch THANK YOU

Would it be possible to make this Titlebar a slidebar like on the illustration i've made?

sliding over the titlebar scrolls through all pages very fast with just one slide.
    when you slide on the regular launcher it scrolls page by page, but to go from page 1 to 10 when you maybe search for a page, its easier

What do you think about it?
    is it possible?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Quote Originally Posted by virox View Post

Would it be possible to make this Titlebar a slidebar like on the illustration i've made?

sliding over the titlebar scrolls through all pages very fast with just one slide.
    when you slide on the regular launcher it scrolls page by page, but to go from page 1 to 10 when you maybe search for a page, its easier

is it possible?
    +1 Great idea!!!

is it possible?

Very slick idea, indeed.
    Mark A. Einersen
    HTC Evo 4G w/Seidio Innocase Active Limited Edition Case < Palm Pre < Palm Pixi (wife) < Palm Treo 755p < Palm Centro (wife) < pa1mOne Treo 650 < Palm Tungsten|E (wife) < Palm Tungsten|T3 w/Sena Case < Sony Clie NR70 < Palm m505 < Palm m105 (wife) < Palm Vx < Palm Pilot Professional w/2 MB upgrade < Palm Pilot Professional < Sharp Zaurus ZR-3500 < Casio Digital Diary SF-4000 < Casio Digital Diary SF-1000
    Weird thing I just noticed when looking at my installed patches in Preware, sorted by date (most recent first)...this patch is listed FIRST as installed TODAY, when I actually installed it about a week ago and have since installed several other patches. Also, it is listed as v1.3.5-4...is this correct?
    Mark A. Einersen
    Very slick idea, indeed.
    If this were possible, I think what Virox is saying is a swipe in the title bar areas would go straight through to the end of the launcher pages (going all the way to page 1 with a left swipe and to the last page (7,8,9,10,etc) with a right swipe).

I think to make this idea even better, the "title slider" would allow you to rapidly change pages by sliding in the title bar (more like a music player scrubber). Going fully to the left gets you to page 1, going all the way to the right gets you to the last page (9 for me) and in between, the slider would quickly move in between those points, but with the ability to stop on any page... I guess since you could technically start this 'scrubbing' activity on any launcher page, a tap-hold (prior to sliding) would automatically bring you to the appropiate page (based on the horizontal linear position) before you could begin to 'slide' left or right. I hope this is making sense...

Another potential location for a 'scubbing'-like launcher page experience would be at the bottom of th luancher where the page-dashes are....

Obviously, this only works with some limited and discreet number of pages.... 50 launcher pages wouldn't work so well if you wanted to precisely stop at #27 using only the current width of the title bar. Equivalent to trying to use the Music player scrubber to stop at a precise point in a 7 hour audiobook.

Anyway, the functionality is great as-is, but this would seem to be the next logical step from a UI perspective.
    I think to make this idea even better, the "title slider" would allow you to rapidly change pages by sliding in the title bar (more like a music player scrubber). Going fully to the left gets you to page 1, going all the way to the right gets you to the last page (9 for me) and in between, the slider would quickly move in between those points, but with the ability to stop on any page... I guess since you could technically start this 'scrubbing' activity on any launcher page, a tap-hold (prior to sliding) would automatically bring you to the appropiate page (based on the horizontal linear position) before you could begin to 'slide' left or right. I hope this is making sense...
    Sure, that was my first idea, but the music-slider is very ugly for the launcher.
    I really like the look and feel of this titlebar.. even with name on it.
    how about when tapping titlebar it would popup a slider instead?

Donate Via Paypal to Email Adress: silent2205@gmail.com
    Email: fritos1406@aim.com
    Twitter: @fritos1406
    Sure, that was my first idea, but the music-slider is very ugly for the launcher.
    I really like the look and feel of this titlebar.. even with name on it.
    Totally cool. It's really a great idea --- whether or not LMOrchard (or someone else) can actually make it happen is another thing alltogether...

I actually agree that the concept you initially proposed and mocked up is likely the best implementation of this (using LMO's page titlebars). I was only suggesting that it's possible that rather than being a swipe left or swipe right gesture as you noted, it could be more of a drag movement which lets us quickly arrive at any particular launcher page. I did mention the music-slider concept, more of an analogy than a proposed implementation.

Just so I don' t sound unappreciative, with LMO's current implentation, any page is essentially two taps away (or tap-swipe-tap if the list is long) and that's way better than before this patch!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by fritos1406 View Post
    how about when tapping titlebar it would popup a slider instead?
    My 2 cents is the popup slider isn't really much better than we have now where tapping brings up the page selection list -- by the time the slider pops up, we might as well have just tapped the intended page by page name.

I really like the concept wher you can just slide across the title bar itself -- either as initially proposed as a gesture to quickly move to the first / last page or my alternative idea where sliding would actually slide from page to page in a rapid fasion depending on where you tapped and which direction you slide your finger. Tapping on the titlebar could still bring up the pop-up list to precisely pick the destination page.
  19.    #139  
    Quote Originally Posted by caj2008 View Post
    Can we customize the color or does it just have to be the one you chose
    Well, there's no UI for choosing the color, but you can customize the CSS for the launcher if you like. I'm just using the Palm defaults with a small tweak to the transparency.

You can see what Mamouton did with the font color on his, for example.
    l.m.orchard
  20.    #140  
    You're welcome

is it possible?
    Hmm... It might be possible, if some drag event handlers could be bound to the view title. I'm curious to see if it would be more usable than 2 quick thumb taps.

I'm going to be a bit busy with the dayjob and travelling the next week or two, so I won't look at it soon. But anyone's welcome to grab my patch and try tweaking it!
    l.m.orchard
Page 7 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast