Page 6 of 26 FirstFirst 123456789101116 ... LastLast
    I want to say again that the very first version of the wrap pages patch does work with this. The preware version is not coompatible. Also if you use Jason quick launch hide patch anytime the launcher is up the launcher bar goes away when the launcher is down it is back up. My avatar on the left side works with this patch. The patches touch different files so you probably have another patch interferring with it.
    I like the patch! It make the transitions a little jerky with the 4 X 4 Icon v3 patch. It brings me back to my Palm OS stuff. Great work from all you "patch guys".
    Hey, Like mamouton pointed out...the wrap pages version does not work with this. So may I request that you merge the two patches together? I loved the transition to new pages that the wrap pages patch improved upon. Mixed with this patch...it would be absolutely PERFECT. So please, I sincerely ask you to work on this for me. I would hate to have to choose between the two patches when each one has a bit of what i am looking for.

Thanks again and again...
    Quote Originally Posted by darkheart777 View Post
    Hey, Like mamouton pointed out...the wrap pages version does not work with this. So may I request that you merge the two patches together? I loved the transition to new pages that the wrap pages patch improved upon. Mixed with this patch...it would be absolutely PERFECT. So please, I sincerely ask you to work on this for me. I would hate to have to choose between the two patches when each one has a bit of what i am looking for.

Thanks again and again...
    @Darkheart I think you misread my post. I said the original version of the wrap pages works with this patch. I didn't like how the preware version broke the animation before this patch was developed so I just reinstalled the original version. And yes they coexist very good. It works great.
    I just love this patch! And I realized that I can type a few words of data in the 'name' field.

So one page can say for example: 'Contacts / Calendar / News / Media' and it all fits nicely.

I did see something that I would like to have and know how this guy did it.

I would like to be able to change the color of the text! Right now it's just white on the black/grey button bar. I would like to get it to be 'blue' like I saw in the first page.

Can that be done, without having to change all the other stuff on my page to blue as was in that example?

Just love this patch!

Rob

PS Gonna make a donation to this one!
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

I actually have two patches installed one for the icon titles and I just modded this one to make it a blue font.
    I added the
    Code:
    	color:#33CCFF;
    under the page opacity in the launcher.css
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    I want to say again that the very first version of the wrap pages patch does work with this. The preware version is not coompatible. Also if you use Jason quick launch hide patch anytime the launcher is up the launcher bar goes away when the launcher is down it is back up. My avatar on the left side works with this patch. The patches touch different files so you probably have another patch interferring with it.
    The only new patch that I have now is the personal left side avatar. I'm not understanding why it didn't work. I even had made sure this patch was the first one before any other patch, when that didn't work I tried to make it the last one. Still didn't work. I don't want to WebOS Doctor my phone because I actually just did that about a week ago. Can I just attach my Pre to WOSQI and delete that file? Or will it still not patch? =( (And I don't have any wrap launcher pages patch installed.)
    When I had a problem with a patch I was installing I opened the patch and went to each file it referenced and restored the original. Could be time consuming if you are not familiar with it I would recommend doctoring. You keep all the usb stuff now but to make sure you get a clean one, I usually take it back to 1.2.1. Just did it Saturday and I am really enjoying it, had a problem with my wifi.
    For those needing the original version of the Wrap Pages patch (the one that is compatible with Named Launcher Pages.... it's just one click away attached to post #80. (Thanks again mamouton!) Use WOSQI to install.

Works great.... (and while I thought I might not use it much, I actually do when I want to go from luancher page #1 back to #10.)
    When I had a problem with a patch I was installing I opened the patch and went to each file it referenced and restored the original. Could be time consuming if you are not familiar with it I would recommend doctoring. You keep all the usb stuff now but to make sure you get a clean one, I usually take it back to 1.2.1. Just did it Saturday and I am really enjoying it, had a problem with my wifi.
    I don't have WebOS Doctor 1.2.1. I just replace them. Where can I get a copy?
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince_Basil View Post
    I don't have WebOS Doctor 1.2.1. I just replace them. Where can I get a copy?
    Always available here. No need to bog down your local disks with multiple hundreds of MBs worth of various DR files...

Webos Doctor Versions - WebOS Internals
    Ok, this is really super cool. I just showed my boyfriend, a iPhone user, this patch. I said 'Can your iPhone do this?' He was equally impressed.

I got to go now. Get to organize my Pre. My OCD gets a workout!!
    Try installing the "Reset To First Page" patch. This way you will always know you start the launcher on your first page.

So, I have the original Wrap Pages, this patch "Named pages in App Launcher" and the "Hide Quick Launch Bar in Launcher" patch. They work wonderfully together.

Only thing I noticed is that if you tap on the page title in the Launcher, the launcher bar reappears. Just FYI.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramer84015 View Post
    I need some ideas for page names!
    Mine are named:
    Main
    Updates - Music - Videos - Nav
    Downloaded-Testing
    Native Apps
    Utilities
    I actually have two patches installed one for the icon titles and I just modded this one to make it a blue font.
    You say you have two patches for the font color, are they available on Preware?

Or is there something I have to do in Terminal?

I really just want the 'Title' of the Launcher Page font to be blue not the Icons or other stuff, well maybe the TOP bar, with the date and time (oh, that's a patch I added) well the stuff on the TOP bar.

Is that available on Preware or is it something I have to do in Terminal and are there instructions on how to do that. I'm not really a UNIX.. Linux person but can follow instructions.

Thanks!

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

Global Posts
    127 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mhunterjr View Post
    is there any danger in installing themes with this patch enabled?
    Can't speak for all themes, but my Steampunk'd theme works great with this patch!

l.m.o, a well-earned donation is on its way.
    Proud Pre Early Adopter
    My wallpapers
    Try my SteamPunk'd Theme!
    Quote Originally Posted by rlanza1054 View Post
    You say you have two patches for the font color, are they available on Preware?

Or is there something I have to do in Terminal?

I really just want the 'Title' of the Launcher Page font to be blue not the Icons or other stuff, well maybe the TOP bar, with the date and time (oh, that's a patch I added) well the stuff on the TOP bar.

Is that available on Preware or is it something I have to do in Terminal and are there instructions on how to do that. I'm not really a UNIX.. Linux person but can follow instructions.

Thanks!

Rob
    The icon titles patch is in preware. I added the code I posted earlier to the name page patch to change the color.
    This patch is absolutely incredible. It's so incredible its almost too good to be true. I LOVE that ability to move apps without having to drag between launcher ages, it was one of my biggest pet peives. Naming launcher pages makes me feel much more organized. I have this amazing patch, open to middle page and hide quick launch (only hide when launcher is up) and this has greatly improved my UI experience. Thank you thank you thank you!
    Weird thing happened to my patch...of the seven launcher pages I have, I named all but #4 and #5 (just hadn't thought of names I like yet). So my list looks like:

Name
    Name
    Name
    Name
    Name

However, when I tapped the title bar to get my list yesterday it looked like this:

Name
    Name
    Name
    Name (this was the name I had assigned to #6 originally)
    Name (this was the name I had assigned to #7 originally)

In other words, the NAMES of the last two pages got bumped up to the two unnamed pages. Any idea why this happened and how to prevent it in the future?

Thx
    ME
    Mark A. Einersen
    HTC Evo 4G w/Seidio Innocase Active Limited Edition Case < Palm Pre < Palm Pixi (wife) < Palm Treo 755p < Palm Centro (wife) < pa1mOne Treo 650 < Palm Tungsten|E (wife) < Palm Tungsten|T3 w/Sena Case < Sony Clie NR70 < Palm m505 < Palm m105 (wife) < Palm Vx < Palm Pilot Professional w/2 MB upgrade < Palm Pilot Professional < Sharp Zaurus ZR-3500 < Casio Digital Diary SF-4000 < Casio Digital Diary SF-1000