Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    But with the wrap pages you can keep going and going. I have ten pages so to be able to flick to get through them is great. Now if we get the jump to page in this patch, I will drop the wrap pages patch.
    you can jump to any page with this patch. Just tap on the title bar, and select the page you want from the drop-down list. This patch really does render the wrap patch less useful. Still, it's nice to have options...

will this patch interfere with any themes that alter the launcher?
    The wrap pages page DOES NOT WORK with your named launcher patch FYI! I have not been able to get these patches to work together. I would hope you might be able to fix this or integrate your own version into the patch...

Thanks and great patch!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mhunterjr View Post
    you can jump to any page with this patch. Just tap on the title bar, and select the page you want from the drop-down list. This patch really does render the wrap patch less useful. Still, it's nice to have options...

will this patch interfere with any themes that alter the launcher?
    I didn't know that feature was there thanks!
    Thanks for taking the time to make this patch. It works well, but I'd agree with previous posters that the title bar could be a little thinner, it takes up a lot of valuable launcher space.

Either way, great work.
    Quote Originally Posted by jjeffcoat View Post
    I cannot get this patch to install from Preware - keep gettin Hunk #6 failed at 746.

Any suggestions?
    See my post just a few above yours.

HTH,
    ME
    Mark A. Einersen
    HTC Evo 4G w/Seidio Innocase Active Limited Edition Case < Palm Pre < Palm Pixi (wife) < Palm Treo 755p < Palm Centro (wife) < pa1mOne Treo 650 < Palm Tungsten|E (wife) < Palm Tungsten|T3 w/Sena Case < Sony Clie NR70 < Palm m505 < Palm m105 (wife) < Palm Vx < Palm Pilot Professional w/2 MB upgrade < Palm Pilot Professional < Sharp Zaurus ZR-3500 < Casio Digital Diary SF-4000 < Casio Digital Diary SF-1000
    Great patch! I couldn't install the page tab selection one but this one installed seamlessly. Very easy to use when you want to nav from 1st to last page, and being able to move apps to selected pages this way is *so* much easier then 'carrying' it across several pages. I've felt like Frodo with the ring moving all my sudoku apps to the games page before.
    I was able to make changes so that the page title could match my font color.

Just realized I hadn't organized the pages when the screen shot was taken.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by mamouton; 01/23/2010 at 07:33 AM.
  8.    #88  
    Quote Originally Posted by darkheart777 View Post
    The wrap pages page DOES NOT WORK with your named launcher patch FYI! I have not been able to get these patches to work together. I would hope you might be able to fix this or integrate your own version into the patch...

Thanks and great patch!
    Yup, it says that in the first post of the thread.

Since I don't find much use for the "wrap pages" patch combined with this one, personally, I haven't been looking into it much.

The latest version of the wrap pages patch makes some pretty substantial changes to the basic functionality of changing pages. I'd have to spend some time getting to understand how it works and likely need to incorporate it directly into my patch in the end. Since I don't have a use for it myself, I probably won't be the one to do that work.
    l.m.orchard
    {web,mad,computer} scientist
    http://decafbad.com/
  9.    #89  
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    But with the wrap pages you can keep going and going. I have ten pages so to be able to flick to get through them is great. Now if we get the jump to page in this patch, I will drop the wrap pages patch.
    Just tap on the page header to get a list of pages to jump to. I've got that listed in the features up at the top of the thread, so you might find some other non-obvious things the patch does there
    l.m.orchard
    Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    One of my favorite patches! Thank you!!!!

The names by themselves were great. The ability to move apps to another page takes it to a whole other level of fantastic.

It is a shame, I just re-organized before this patch was available, I could have saved 2 hours of slow dragging. I also think it is interesting that it takes brilliant patches like this to bring back some things palm did right the first time and dropped for webos. The Palm developers were so excited about the vision of the "new" that I think they lost sight of the value of some of the old.
  11.    #91  
    Quote Originally Posted by SqyArc View Post
    Thanks for taking the time to make this patch. It works well, but I'd agree with previous posters that the title bar could be a little thinner, it takes up a lot of valuable launcher space.

Either way, great work.
    Since I use one of the 4x4 launcher icon patches, the space works out pretty well for me. I can fit 16 apps on a page without scrolling.

I've played around with a thinner title, but much smaller than it already is and my thumb ends up launching apps or summoning menus instead of changing pages. I might poke around some more at the CSS, but am likely to leave it as-is.
    l.m.orchard
    is there any danger in installing themes with this patch enabled?
  13.    #93  
    Quote Originally Posted by greenawayj View Post
    The only thing I wish I had now was a D-pad like interface for cursor movement and text editing -- I just can't be very precise with tapping into text or using shift-hold and drag to move the cursor placement. Totally off-topic, I know, but since I was in a moment of Treo love...
    Try holding down the Orange button while in a text field. The screen turns into a giant mouse touchpad or trackball for the cursor. Not my patch, just a lesser-known webOS feature.
    l.m.orchard
    Hey LM. Thanks again for a great patch...

Only feedback so far is:

• I agree with some that thinner page name headers would be better (but I duly ackknowledge a reply or two from you where you state it works pretty good for you as-is.... and I respect that--it is your patch after all.) But, for those bothered by the fact that the fourth row of icons runs off the bottom of the page (with the 4x4 v3 launcher patch), at least those fourth row apps are 'tap' launch-able without scrolling down... you just have to know what they are without their text visible below. Personally, with this patch and some new organizing of my launcher pages into 10 categories (including page #10 for unused / rarely used), none of my launcher pages now has more than 16 apps anyway.

• The only feature I'd really love to see implemented is the ability to reorder pages---- possibly by using a header tap to bring up the full page list and then tap-hold-drag to execute the reordering in the list. Granted, this is totally a housecleaning exercise which would be rarely used, but I've already found that since only 7 pages are shown in the quick-pick submenu, I'd like my most imporant 7 pages to be in that list. It would be nice to have the ability to do that for an entire page at a time.

Thanks again.
  15.    #95  
    Quote Originally Posted by greenawayj View Post
    The only feature I'd really love to see implemented is the ability to reorder pages---- possibly by using a header tap to bring up the full page list and then tap-hold-drag to execute the reordering in the list. Granted, this is totally a housecleaning exercise which would be rarely used, but I've already found that since only 7 pages are shown in the quick-pick submenu, I'd like my most imporant 7 pages to be in that list. It would be nice to have the ability to do that for an entire page at a time.
    While I'm not so eager to shrink the header, page reordering is definitely a really good idea. It looks like it's feasible under the hood with respect to the page model, so I probably just need to play with getting a usable list dialog working to tap-hold-drag reordering UI to work.
    l.m.orchard
  16.    #96  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mhunterjr View Post
    is there any danger in installing themes with this patch enabled?
    I'm not a theme user myself, so I couldn't say. I would hope not, but you can try it and see
    l.m.orchard
    Quote Originally Posted by lmorchard View Post
    Try holding down the Orange button while in a text field. The screen turns into a giant mouse touchpad or trackball for the cursor. Not my patch, just a lesser-known webOS feature.

wow!!! i never knew this!!! thanks!!
    Quote Originally Posted by lmorchard View Post
    Thanks. Yes, I do know this (surprisingly less-documented) feature, and I'm still not that precise - sometimes that cursor just has a mind of it's own when I'm trying to move it around -- going north and south when I only want it to go N and South. I was just so used to one-space per left or right tap or one row per up or down tap in the DPad interface....

I probably just need more practice with the OPT (orange) touchpad.... I'll get used to it eventually...
    Quick Question? What version is the latest WSQI v1.3.5-4 or Preware v1.3.5-12. I know the higher number would typically be the lastest version. Just want to be sure.

Thanks
    Last edited by geneziz; 01/18/2010 at 02:29 PM.
    I needed to run the WebOS Repair Utility because I wanted the Personal Left Side Avatar but it wouldn't work. But I uninstalled all of the patches & theme, & I ran the utility, and then I installed all my patches again, but I couldn't install this one. It says that the file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/app/controllers/rename-page.html
    So idk what I'm supposed to do. I doesn't install. =( I really had it all nicely organized & I wish I had it the same again. Help please!!
Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast