Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    127 Global Posts
    This may just be my favorite patch to date! The ability to instantly navigate launcher pages non-sequentially and to organize the pages with meaningful names is just what WebOS needed. Giving up the top row of icon space for the page names is a more than acceptable tradeoff for the enhanced functionality and efficiency.

I also appreciate the ability to instantly assign an icon to the page of my choice with a simple meta tap. This patch is 99.9999% perfect IMO. Now if only the page order could be rearranged on the fly it'd be 100%!

BTW, I experienced some of the same problems others have had with the patch not loading correctly. I ended up removing all patches and themes, Doctoring back to 1.3.1, then upgrading to 1.3.5.1, then applying the patch file via WebOS Quick Install. I did notice that it didn't want to play with the Wrap Pages patch, but that's almost superfluous now that any page is just a tap or two away.
    Proud Pre Early Adopter
    My wallpapers
    Try my SteamPunk'd Theme!
    Global Posts
    192 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by garavin View Post
    This may just be my favorite patch to date! The ability to instantly navigate launcher pages non-sequentially and to organize the pages with meaningful names is just what WebOS needed. Giving up the top row of icon space for the page names is a more than acceptable tradeoff for the enhanced functionality and efficiency.

I also appreciate the ability to instantly assign an icon to the page of my choice with a simple meta tap. This patch is 99.9999% perfect IMO. Now if only the page order could be rearranged on the fly it'd be 100%!
    My thoughts exactly, excellent work!
    Love this patch. Reminds me of the great LauncherX on my Treo and Palms before that. Many thanks. A couple thoughts:

1. Anyway to tweak the depth of the name bar (in my case, making it a bit thinner)? I use the 5x4 icons patch, and with the name bar my bottom row of icons is pushed just off the page.

2. Would be great if you (we? someone?) could make the launcher button, or whatever the arrow button in the quicklaunch area is called, work like the old Palm home key. That is, when you press and hold, a list of your launcher page names would appear. Could do it there, or as others have suggested here, in the Launcher menu bar.
    Global Posts
    189 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by goldyman View Post
    Love this patch. Reminds me of the great LauncherX on my Treo and Palms before that. Many thanks. A couple thoughts:

1. Anyway to tweak the depth of the name bar (in my case, making it a bit thinner)? I use the 5x4 icons patch, and with the name bar my bottom row of icons is pushed just off the page.

2. Would be great if you (we? someone?) could make the launcher button, or whatever the arrow button in the quicklaunch area is called, work like the old Palm home key. That is, when you press and hold, a list of your launcher page names would appear. Could do it there, or as others have suggested here, in the Launcher menu bar.
    Totally agree with #1.
    Props to you, lmorchard, for giving me back (almost...read on) a much-missed feature of my old PalmOS! Now that this patch is in Preware, I keep getting an IPKG erroer when attempting to download it. Any idea what would cause this? The log referenes a number of "HUNK failures."

Thanks!
    ME
    Mark A. Einersen
    HTC Evo 4G w/Seidio Innocase Active Limited Edition Case < Palm Pre < Palm Pixi (wife) < Palm Treo 755p < Palm Centro (wife) < pa1mOne Treo 650 < Palm Tungsten|E (wife) < Palm Tungsten|T3 w/Sena Case < Sony Clie NR70 < Palm m505 < Palm m105 (wife) < Palm Vx < Palm Pilot Professional w/2 MB upgrade < Palm Pilot Professional < Sharp Zaurus ZR-3500 < Casio Digital Diary SF-4000 < Casio Digital Diary SF-1000
    Really looking forward to have this patch on my Pre and Thanks for the effort.

My opinion: Can the title text be smaller?
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    Is there a way to make this patch compatible with the revised version of Hide Quick Launcher Bar patch below?

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...ht=%5BPatch%5D

I really like this version of Hide Quick Launcher Bar because it enables the bar when the launcher page is off and disables the bar when the page is on. But with this patch for some reason first when I open a launcher page, the quick launcher bar disappears (as it's supposed to), but once I move the pages using meta menu, the quick launcher bar re-appears...
    Global Posts
    462 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by OnePalmAddict View Post
    Props to you, lmorchard, for giving me back (almost...read on) a much-missed feature of my old PalmOS! Now that this patch is in Preware, I keep getting an IPKG erroer when attempting to download it. Any idea what would cause this? The log referenes a number of "HUNK failures."
    same for me
    Quote Originally Posted by OnePalmAddict View Post
    Now that this patch is in Preware
    In Preware? Couldn't find this Patch in Preware. Where could I find it?
    A few thoughts:

• Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
      I have the add delete page, wrap pages(original) and it is working great.
      Hey Mamouton -- Is that original patch file available anywhere? The Precentral Thread seems to only have the most up to date... Not entirely sure wrap pages it's still needed using this patch, but nice to have I guess (and I too like the animation).

• On that note -- this patch rocks -I love it lmorchard -- My pre is getting closer every day to my old Treo 600 / 700p interface and launcher structure while being 100x better in just about every other way.

• The only thing I wish I had now was a D-pad like interface for cursor movement and text editing -- I just can't be very precise with tapping into text or using shift-hold and drag to move the cursor placement. Totally off-topic, I know, but since I was in a moment of Treo love...

• Finally, I couldn't for the life of me get your prior launcher tab patch (version 11 in Preware) to install -- I went as far as running EPR, then replacing launcher-assistant.jsjsjs $and$ $luancher$.$css$ $with$ $their$ $counterparts$ $extracted$ $from$ $WebOS$ $DR$. $Still$ $no$ $joy$. $I$ $tried$ $this$ $one$ ($via$ $WOSQI$ $obviously$ $since$ $it$'$s$ $not$ $yet$ $in$ $Preware$ $and$ $I$ $was$ $surprised$ $to$ $see$ $it$ $installed$ $perfectly$ ($at$ $least$ $as$ $far$ $as$ $I$ $can$ $tell$)

Thanks again for the great work!!!
    Last edited by greenawayj; 01/15/2010 at 10:40 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    I have the add delete page, wrap pages(original) and it is working great.
    could you post link to that old version of wrap pages, please? (sorry if you did in another message and I didn't se it)
    Quote Originally Posted by wovvbagger View Post
    In Preware? Couldn't find this Patch in Preware. Where could I find it?
    It's one of the more newly listed apps (chronologically). I think it's from he webOS-internals feed. If not, just be sure all your feeds are set to download and it should be there (as of about 20 hours ago).

HTH,
    ME
    Mark A. Einersen
    HTC Evo 4G w/Seidio Innocase Active Limited Edition Case < Palm Pre < Palm Pixi (wife) < Palm Treo 755p < Palm Centro (wife) < pa1mOne Treo 650 < Palm Tungsten|E (wife) < Palm Tungsten|T3 w/Sena Case < Sony Clie NR70 < Palm m505 < Palm m105 (wife) < Palm Vx < Palm Pilot Professional w/2 MB upgrade < Palm Pilot Professional < Sharp Zaurus ZR-3500 < Casio Digital Diary SF-4000 < Casio Digital Diary SF-1000
    Upon a closer look, it seems like it is actually the Page selection tabs in App Launcher patch that is listed in Preware.Based on an earlier post above, as well as repeated attempts on my part to load this via Preware and webOS QI, it seems that this patch has a conflict with something else I have loaded.

That said, I was successful loading the app posted in lmorchard's original post in this thread. And I'm happy to report it works great!

Again, props and many thanks to you, lmorchard, for this great patch!

ME
    Mark A. Einersen
    ok, I just want you to know that this is officially the best patch ever!

this patch has me thinking... Would it be possible to have widgets in the launcher? I wouldn't be surprised, this phone and the dev community never cease to amaze me...

btw, I was having alot of trouble installing the first version of this patch, even after EPR,doctoring, and using webOS repair utility. I kept getting an error message after running the script. But this app installed perfectly w/o ever asking me to run as script. Weird, but i'm not complaining...
    Last edited by Mhunterjr; 01/17/2010 at 08:37 AM.
    just installed via Preware.. This patch is great! I do agree with others' suggestions to make the title bar a little thinner...is that possible?

thanks!
    This Patch is Gorgeous! However, Would you do me a favor and make it work with the "Wrap Pages" patch??? or at least incorporate your own version of the wrap pages patch into this. I like how the wrap pages app removed the extra line of apps when you scrolled to a new page...the scroll/switch was instant. It felt cleaner. Do you know what i am talking about? Anywho...If you could work that patch into yours I would be absolutely completely happy...cause you all are doing a hell of a job and deserve 2 thumbs up!
    This patch is simply fantastic! Just donated. Used to use the wrap pages patch, but there's really not as much need for it now.
    I cannot get this patch to install from Preware - keep gettin Hunk #6 failed at 746.

Any suggestions?
    Quote Originally Posted by greenawayj View Post
    A few thoughts:

• Hey Mamouton -- Is that original patch file available anywhere? The Precentral Thread seems to only have the most up to date... Not entirely sure wrap pages it's still needed using this patch, but nice to have I guess (and I too like the animation).

• On that note -- this patch rocks -I love it lmorchard -- My pre is getting closer every day to my old Treo 600 / 700p interface and launcher structure while being 100x better in just about every other way.

• The only thing I wish I had now was a D-pad like interface for cursor movement and text editing -- I just can't be very precise with tapping into text or using shift-hold and drag to move the cursor placement. Totally off-topic, I know, but since I was in a moment of Treo love...

• Finally, I couldn't for the life of me get your prior launcher tab patch (version 11 in Preware) to install -- I went as far as running EPR, then replacing launcher-assistant.jsjsjs $and$ $luancher$.$css$ $with$ $their$ $counterparts$ $extracted$ $from$ $WebOS$ $DR$. $Still$ $no$ $joy$. $I$ $tried$ $this$ $one$ ($via$ $WOSQI$ $obviously$ $since$ $it$'$s$ $not$ $yet$ $in$ $Preware$ $and$ $I$ $was$ $surprised$ $to$ $see$ $it$ $installed$ $perfectly$ ($at$ $least$ $as$ $far$ $as$ $I$ $can$ $tell$)

Thanks again for the great work!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by peterbugnet View Post
    could you post link to that old version of wrap pages, please? (sorry if you did in another message and I didn't se it)
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    Here is the first version for the wrap pages patch. It is working great on my phone.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Grace View Post
    This patch is simply fantastic! Just donated. Used to use the wrap pages patch, but there's really not as much need for it now.
    But with the wrap pages you can keep going and going. I have ten pages so to be able to flick to get through them is great. Now if we get the jump to page in this patch, I will drop the wrap pages patch.
Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast