Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast
    Anyone know if this is compatable with webOS 1.3.1 as we in the UK do not have the most recent update yet (grrrrr) and i'd love to get this patch!
    I was wondering if there was any way to make the header a little smaller, about half the size it is now? I love it but it takes up too much screen real estate for my taste
    Wow, this is a thing of beauty. Thanks so much for your work.
    i can finally get app launcher organized. this is great! if i could only get a patch to hide some like the blackberry does i would be in business.
    I organized my launcher. Look at the pictures!!

Launcher Screen #1
    Yfrog - 6dn - Uploaded by Alexis_Casimiro
    Launcher Screen #2
    Yfrog - jvr - Uploaded by Alexis_Casimiro
    Launcher Screen #3
    Yfrog - ex9 - Uploaded by Alexis_Casimiro
    Launcher Screen #4
    Yfrog - 8b3 - Uploaded by Alexis_Casimiro
    Launcher Screen #5
    Yfrog - w5j - Uploaded by Alexis_Casimiro
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    This looks interesting...you should really get this one into Preware.
    Interesting. I installed this via webOSQI. No problem. It then restarted luna, came back up... And nothing. webOSQI Device Management says it is there, but nothing has changed. No ability to name pages in Launcher.

Tried uninstalling and reinstalling more than once.

Is it just me?
    Well, that explains it! The patch I downloaded (and installed) was empty. Just downloaded it again: 18.2k! Weird!

I do wish that webOSQI would let you know when you've just installed an empty patch
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    I am not having any luck getting this installed. I installed your "Page selection tabs in App Launcher" and this works great. But I continuously get this error message below when I install this one.

I previously removed the Wrap Pages Patch and now currently only have:
    4x4 v3 (actually tried removing this as well)
    Enable Add/Delete Pages

But still it gets the same error?
    Any ideas?

Thanks, the patches look awesome, I hope I can get this second one installed.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Hiya,

I'm in the UK and am running webOS 1.3.5.2 - i've installed your "Page selection tabs in App Launcher" which works find however I cannot get this patch to install! I have no other patches installed that afect the launcher and was wondering whether it wa not working due to the webOS version or something else.

(i'm getting the same error message as 'neoncorey'

Any help would be appreciated as I'd love this patch to work!
    Quote Originally Posted by neoncorey View Post
    I am not having any luck getting this installed. I installed your "Page selection tabs in App Launcher" and this works great. But I continuously get this error message below when I install this one.

Enable Add/Delete Pages

Any ideas?

I don't believe you can have the page selection tabs and this one together. Try removing the page selection tabs patch and just install this one.
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    I don't believe you can have the page selection tabs and this one together. Try removing the page selection tabs patch and just install this one.
    I tried this as well and got the same error...something isn't working for me
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    I as well tried actually doing this one first, with no avail. Any other ideas?
  14.    #54  
    Quote Originally Posted by Brownbear50 View Post
    I was wondering if there was any way to make the header a little smaller, about half the size it is now? I love it but it takes up too much screen real estate for my taste
    Right now, I'm just using a plain webOS header, which is just about the right size for my finger to tap. It could probably be shrunk more by dropping the header style, but I'm pretty happy with it myself.
    l.m.orchard
    {web,mad,computer} scientist
    http://decafbad.com/
  15.    #55  

Enable Add/Delete Pages

Any ideas?

You really can't combine this patch with the "Page selection tabs in App Launcher" patch—they're mutually exclusive and attempt to modify the same code. Even if you could hypothetically get them both installed, they'd both overlap in the same area of the screen.
    l.m.orchard
  16.    #56  
    Quote Originally Posted by icklepriest View Post
    Hiya,

I'm in the UK and am running webOS 1.3.5.2 - i've installed your "Page selection tabs in App Launcher" which works find however I cannot get this patch to install! I have no other patches installed that afect the launcher and was wondering whether it wa not working due to the webOS version or something else.

(i'm getting the same error message as 'neoncorey'

Any help would be appreciated as I'd love this patch to work!
    This patch won't work with the page selection tabs patch. They clash by modifying the same areas of the code.
    l.m.orchard
  17.    #57  
    I as well tried actually doing this one first, with no avail. Any other ideas?
    Not knowing what all you have installed, my only idea is to remove all your patches, install the named pages patch, then reapply the rest one at a time until one fails.
    l.m.orchard
  18.    #58  
    Quote Originally Posted by wiz1999 View Post
    This looks interesting...you should really get this one into Preware.
    I submitted v1 for inclusion into Preware a few days ago, not sure how long it takes to get in—though it's probably a function of whenever some overworked people get a chance to look at it
    l.m.orchard
  19.    #59  
    I'm hearing from a lot of people who want to combine this patch with the numbered tabs. I've been poking around with that as my next step, but haven't had much luck with anything satisfactory yet. So far I've found that:
    • There's not really enough screen width for more than 1-3 tabs of 4-6 character words at the default size
    • Shrinking the tabs and font size to accommodate more items results in hard-to-tap targets
    • Using the webOS view menu (like the numbered tabs) makes the meta-tap gesture difficult to implement for renaming a page

Since I'm mostly scratching my own itch here, none of the above makes me particularly happy with trying to cram smaller named tabs onto the screen. I might still poke around at it, but I probably won't have a solution very soon.
    l.m.orchard
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    I removed all of my patches with the EPR and then added them all back as I had before. Checked the wrap pages with a diff, because I had a feeling it didn't remove it right and my guess was right. The original was different then what I had with out the wrap pages installed. So basically it was a botched removal of the wrap pages patch that wouldn't let me install this one.

Additionally, I agree there is no reason really to have the Page Numbers one with this patch because this is much nicer and better. I quickly grew to love this patch tonight!!! They are both nice, but this one is awesome.

Thanks for the hard work, excellent job.
Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast