Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 16212223242526
    Quote Originally Posted by fred1955 View Post
    I cannot install the patch that allows me to "rename" pages. I have seven pages on my Palm Pre and would prefer to rename each page. Instead, I am using a tab patch that displays each page as: #1, #2, #3, etc. Should I un-install the tabs patch and then install the rename page patch? Thanks for your help.
    Yes
    Pet Peave: When people use photographs of themselves as Avatars. There's something unsettling about their big faces staring back at me in the forums. . . . Maybe I'm just paranoid.
    Quote Originally Posted by pmcardle View Post
    I am getting conflicting information (searched all over) on whether to uninstall the Named Launcher Patch and the add launcher pages patch before doing to 1.4.5 update.

Do we uninstall first or are they ok to leave? Some say ok, some say no.. I would prefer not to uninstall them.

Also, what happens to all your apps when you uninstall the add pages patch? They just get grouped again into 3 pages?

Sorry for the dumb questions.. but I don't want to mess anything up.

Thanks!!
    I don't think Named Pages changes the number of pages, so uninstalling will just remove the names. But, when I've uninstalled patches that allow you add/delete pages, the number of pages did not revert to default. Even after doctoring I still had 6 pages!
    Pet Peave: When people use photographs of themselves as Avatars. There's something unsettling about their big faces staring back at me in the forums. . . . Maybe I'm just paranoid.
    Quote Originally Posted by canderoc View Post
    I don't think Named Pages changes the number of pages, so uninstalling will just remove the names. But, when I've uninstalled patches that allow you add/delete pages, the number of pages did not revert to default. Even after doctoring I still had 6 pages!
    That's correct, when you remove the patch, the pages that you added with a 'different' patch stay.

Remember, the Named Pages, does not have the ability the add pages. You have to add the 'Add/Delete' pages patch that this developer did not write (if I'm not mistaken).

They are separate patches. So why would you think it would remove the pages when Named Pages did not add the pages. It was another patch.

If you want to delete the pages, then use the patch that added the pages, then remove that patch.

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    So do I have to uninstall the launcher patches before doing the 1.4.5 update?
    Hey all.... Not to take anything away from LM Orchard who was the first to create a "Named Pages" patch --- at the time, the patch was just amazing!!! ..and I am a huge supporter and fan of his cutting edge work at the time....

However, for those who are not familiar, there is now a Patch by Sconix called "Advanced Configuration for App Launcher" (AC4AL)

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...-launcher.html

It combines the functionality of several other current patches including Named Pages, Add/Delete pages, Hide Quick Launch (always or just in launcher), Position Reset, and Page Wrapping). On top of the current Named Pages functionality, it also allows you to change the order of entire pages in your setup. You can also set up the named pages to be hidden names (and access the jump to page functionality by double tapping an empty space...) Really really cool stuff.... The Named pages look and feel is a little bit different than this named pages, but nothing I didn't get used to in about an hour or so.

Worst case, it's worth trying to see if you like it.

Finally, because it replaces all of those patches, you must be sure to remove ALL of those Launcher patches before you try to install AC4AL. The only App Launcher patches I still have after adding AC4AL are: 4x4v3, Unhide Dev Mode Icon, and Glass Effect Launcher.

Just thought I'd share here in case some of you don't know about it.
  6.    #506  
    Quote Originally Posted by greenawayj View Post
    Hey all.... Not to take anything away from LM Orchard who was the first to create a "Named Pages" patch --- at the time, the patch was just amazing!!! ..and I am a huge supporter and fan of his cutting edge work at the time....

However, for those who are not familiar, there is now a Patch by Sconix called "Advanced Configuration for App Launcher" (AC4AL)

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...-launcher.html
    Please, take it all away from me!

I haven't had time to check these forums much in months, let alone hack on this patch or webOS in general. In fact, I doubt I'll have a Palm Pre much longer. Anyone is welcome to take my code and do whatever with it. It's really just the product of a few hours on a weekend, and a lot more could be done with it.

Update: In fact, now that I've had a chance to try out that Advanced Configuration for App Launcher patch, I'd say no one should be using my patch anymore. Trash it and get that other one, it's better in every way and has all the features I ever planned to do with this patch.

Maybe if another patch takes over for this one, I'll stop getting flooded with snotty emails every time the OS updates and Preware/WOSQI/AUPT fail to uninstall, update, or reinstall it. Totally uninterested in making time for this thing after a look at my inbox.
    Last edited by lmorchard; 08/19/2010 at 06:26 PM.
    l.m.orchard
    {web,mad,computer} scientist
    http://decafbad.com/
    Can't get this to uninstall.
  8.    #508  
    Quote Originally Posted by BozackJenkins View Post
    Can't get this to uninstall.
    You might want to find a thread on whatever you're using to try uninstalling. (Preware? WOSQI?)
    l.m.orchard
    Quote Originally Posted by lmorchard View Post
    Please, take it all away from me!

I haven't had time to check these forums much in months, let alone hack on this patch or webOS in general. In fact, I doubt I'll have a Palm Pre much longer. Anyone is welcome to take my code and do whatever with it. It's really just the product of a few hours on a weekend, and a lot more could be done with it.

Update: In fact, now that I've had a chance to try out that Advanced Configuration for App Launcher patch, I'd say no one should be using my patch anymore. Trash it and get that other one, it's better in every way and has all the features I ever planned to do with this patch.

Maybe if another patch takes over for this one, I'll stop getting flooded with snotty emails every time the OS updates and Preware/WOSQI/AUPT fail to uninstall, update, or reinstall it. Totally uninterested in making time for this thing after a look at my inbox.

lmorchard, even though Advanced configuration patch combines a lot of different patches, I still prefer your names pages patch because I just don't like the transition animations of Advanced config patch. You patch maintains the fluid page scrolling of the default launcher. I hate the artificial skipping nature of Advanced Config patch. It is very haphazard and annoying imo.... Just my .02...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Advanced Configuration for App Launcher is a great patch and - what's even more important - it causes no issues when it comes to uninstalling it (I had problems with Named Pages and ended up doctoring my Pre)
  11.    #511  
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaurav View Post
    lmorchard, even though Advanced configuration patch combines a lot of different patches, I still prefer your names pages patch because I just don't like the transition animations of Advanced config patch. You patch maintains the fluid page scrolling of the default launcher. I hate the artificial skipping nature of Advanced Config patch. It is very haphazard and annoying imo.... Just my .02...
    Do you have Page Wrapping turned enabled? I get page scroll animations when that's disabled. My patch isn't compatible with Page Wrap either.
    l.m.orchard
    Quote Originally Posted by lmorchard View Post
    Do you have Page Wrapping turned enabled? I get page scroll animations when that's disabled. My patch isn't compatible with Page Wrap either.
    I wanted to say that I greatly appreciated your work in Named Pages.

These other people who are trashing you probably shouldn't even be patching their phones from what I am reading.

They don't understand that they installed a few patches (and not all of them were authored by you) and just need to put time into learning what they are doing.

One good thing that makes me go back to your patch is that it does not conflicted with Jason's Advanced Menu Patch, and I was able to modify the color in the titles pages by a custom patch written for me (if you remember).

And yes, it might be hard to stay with WebOS, I personally am in such a need for a new phone that it's not funny. And I'm not going to spend $200 with the insurance to get it replaced when I can get a new phone for that price.

It's getting harder and harder to stay with Palm.

This is the very first message that I am admitting that. I'm consider myself a WebOS ******, but I need a new phone.

I hope I can hold out long enough so I don't get pushed into something else. I've spent so much money on apps it's not funny now.

So I'm just saying, if you have to move on, moving being happy that you helped a lot of us out here and your work (no matter how little time you think it was) was a benefit!

Thanks!

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

LM, to add to what Rob said,

This patch has been my most important patch, right from the time I started using the Pre. I have over 35 patches installed, and this one is definitely the most important to me.

Have not tried changing to the advanced config patch yet, but will do so based on your recommendation.

Hope that knowing that makes it a bit easier to tolerate snottymail.

Vikram
    Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Treo 180 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 680 -> Palm Pre (busted) -> iPhone4 (awesome) + iPad
    Darling LM,

I will finally give up Named Pages but only because you looked me in the eye and told me to. I loved, loved, loved that patch.

Oh, and I'm also giving it up because I can't get it to uninstall/reinstall :-). If you're interested, the error is something like:

"The next patch would create the file /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/app/controllers/rename-page-assistant.jsjsjs, $which$ $already$ $exists$!
    Assume -R? [n]"

Since I don't feel at all like trying to learn how to remove that file using a unix command-line, I'll give up.

I've tried the Emergency Patch Doohicky, and the WebOSRepair utility. I'm too lazy to do a full doctor, so I guess we're breaking up after all this time.

I will miss you, but everything ends if you wait long enough.

Your fan (with no snot)... Pansy
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    I have tried everything in the thread but cant get it uninstalled. Tried both preware and WOSQI and same error.. I LOVED this patch, but with sconix new one it wont let me install it..

here is the log

failed
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.app-launcher-named-pages-in-the-launcher.prerm 2>&1
    Unreversed patch detected! Ignore -R? [n]
    Apply anyway? [n]
    3 out of 3 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/app/controllers/app-info-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    Apply anyway? [n]
    3 out of 3 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/app/controllers/global-search-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    Apply anyway? [n]
    8 out of 8 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/app/controllers/launcher-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/app/views/launcher/dialogs/app-info.html.rej
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/app/views/launcher/launcher-scene.html.rej
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/sources.json.rej
    Apply anyway? [n]
    3 out of 3 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/stylesheets/launcher.css.rej
    Have you tried EPR?
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    I cannot uninstall this ap. Please help.

Failed
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.app-launcher-named-pages-in-the-launcher.prerm 2>&1
    Apply anyway? [n]
    3 out of 3 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/app/controllers/app-info-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    Apply anyway? [n]
    3 out of 3 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/app/controllers/global-search-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    Apply anyway? [n]
    8 out of 8 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/app/controllers/launcher-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/app/views/launcher/dialogs/app-info.html.rej
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/app/views/launcher/launcher-scene.html.rej
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/sources.json.rej
    Apply anyway? [n]
    3 out of 3 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/stylesheets/launcher.css.rej
    Failed
    Apply anyway? [n]
    Apply anyway? [n]
    Apply anyway? [n]
    Apply anyway? [n]
    Apply anyway? [n]
    Apply anyway? [n]
    Apply anyway? [n]

-- Sent from my Palm Pre
Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 16212223242526