Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1520212223242526 LastLast
    I have done a data and app restart, removed all patches, and continue to try and install the named pages patch with no success. The last error I got through Web OS Quick Install was that the patch is already installed. How the heck do I get rid of it so I can install for real? I had it installed many, many months ago but didn't like it at the time, so I uninstalled it through PreWare. Please help. Thanks!
    Global Posts
    341 Global Posts
    My named pages just randomly reverted back to numbered pages for some reason today. I tried to do a reboot and they are still just numbered. Not sure why the names are all of a sudden lost without making any changes to anything!

Is this data stored as a cookie and if so, what would cause it to be deleted at random? I have not cleared cookies or anything in the web even.
    Last edited by rpankoe; 05/19/2010 at 01:35 PM.
    Just got my pre+ and this was the 1st patch that I installed. Awesome work. Thanks.

Quick question: Is there some way to reorder the pages?
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    Quote Originally Posted by lmorchard View Post
    So, following up on my "Page selection tabs in App Launcher" patch, here's the next stage:

• This patch adds a name to each page in the launcher.
    • Hold the Orange key or gesture area and tap the header to rename a page.
    • Tapping on the name brings up a submenu for navigating quickly to any named page.
    • You can move an app to another page by using a selector in the app's info dialog, summoned via Orange-tap on an app in the launcher. The app will move to the upper left position of the selected page. (No need to drag the app across several pages anymore.)

This patch works better with the "app-launcher-enable-add-delete-pages" and "app-launcher-gesture-tap-for-info-and-delete" patches, and probably conflicts with the "app-launcher-wrap-pages" patch and others.
    Just wanted to say that this patch is exactly what I was looking for to make the Launcher on the Pre behave more like ZLaunch that I had on my Palm Zire 31. Kudos for all the work on making this patch. I did originally have some issues but discovered that it was because I had your previous Launcher Tabs patch installed first and once I removed it then this patch installed just fine.
    Is this patch 'Named Pages in Launcher' different from the newly released 'Advanced Configuration for App Launcher?

I know I have your patch installed and 3 other supporting patches. The Gesture Tap, Advanced Menu, Add Pages.

Looks like 'Sconix' combined all of them into just one patch.

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

I updated today to 1.4.5 and can not update this patch (I used aupt), can not delete it either.
    Quote Originally Posted by erapalo View Post
    I updated today to 1.4.5 and can not update this patch (I used aupt), can not delete it either.
    The update is out?

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

Quote Originally Posted by rlanza1054 View Post
    The update is out?

Rob
    The update is out for people in Europe (i.e. O2 in Germany, etc). It's still not available for us here in the United States...
    Global Posts
    341 Global Posts
    Can we get the info of where the named pages data is stored over to the Save/Restore people at WebOS Internals so that it can be included in their updates? Every time my phone decides to erase itself, I have to constantly rename all 10 of my pages.
    Quote Originally Posted by sherribryant219 View Post
    I have done a data and app restart, removed all patches, and continue to try and install the named pages patch with no success. The last error I got through Web OS Quick Install was that the patch is already installed. How the heck do I get rid of it so I can install for real? I had it installed many, many months ago but didn't like it at the time, so I uninstalled it through PreWare. Please help. Thanks!
    Most likely you had a patch previously that touched this file, and didn't totally remove. If you can remember the patch, reinstall and remove it again. It would be a launcher related patch. If you don't remember of if this doesn't work, try this: http://forums.precentral.net/canuck-...ty-v2-1-a.html
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    Quote Originally Posted by rpankoe View Post
    Can we get the info of where the named pages data is stored over to the Save/Restore people at WebOS Internals so that it can be included in their updates? Every time my phone decides to erase itself, I have to constantly rename all 10 of my pages.
    Once you get an answer to this, please let me know and I will add it to the launcher script for save/restore. Please send me a PM about this or post it in the save/restore thread!
    I am the creator of the PalmSpot entry “webOS Does, and Does, and Does Some More”, writes Save/Restore scripts and helps manage the script feed, and now writes webOS Nation's Tip of the Day

Got a good tip for webOS Nation's Tip of the Day? Please send me a PM or use the Contact Us form and select "Suggest a tip"

Like any of my work:
    Global Posts
    341 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Audemars02 View Post
    Once you get an answer to this, please let me know and I will add it to the launcher script for save/restore. Please send me a PM about this or post it in the save/restore thread!
    @lmorchard, can we get this info to the correct place?
    Hey there,

Patched to 1.4.5 yesterday with Bell, first boot shows no patches, went to PreWare and the patches were waiting for me to update, only had a problem with Named Pages patch.

Wouldn't update/remove. Logfile reported update/remove complained on two previously existing files.

I renamed them with WebOS Quick Install Linux commandline, and voila! Named pages removed.

Preware updated the rest of my patches no problem.

(PS.: I did read up on the threads of what patches to uninstall before update, rolled back to original kernal, etc...)

Now just waiting for UberKernal...
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    Is this going to be compatible with 1.4.5?
    Global Posts
    281 Global Posts
    It's working for me with 1.4.5 installed. Sprint Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by toddkp View Post
    Hey there,

Patched to 1.4.5 yesterday with Bell, first boot shows no patches, went to PreWare and the patches were waiting for me to update, only had a problem with Named Pages patch.

Wouldn't update/remove. Logfile reported update/remove complained on two previously existing files.

I renamed them with WebOS Quick Install Linux commandline, and voila! Named pages removed.

Preware updated the rest of my patches no problem.

(PS.: I did read up on the threads of what patches to uninstall before update, rolled back to original kernal, etc...)

Now just waiting for UberKernal...
    This patch has to be installed before any other launcher patches or it doesn't play well...
    If "If's" and "But's" were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas!

I installed the old patch "named pages in the laucher" seen there was a new patch with more options, but now it will not let me uninstall!! Unable to run command IPKG_Offfline_Root?? Can I get a lil help. I did try the install other launcher patches and uninstall no help. It works fine but I wanted to add pages also. Thanx!!
    Last edited by angelgar75; 08/12/2010 at 05:14 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by toddkp View Post
    Can you provide instructions on how you did this for brain-dead Linux ignorants like me? I've got the same problem here.

Thanks in advance!
    Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 755p -> Pre -> Epic 4G -> TouchPad
    I cannot install the patch that allows me to "rename" pages. I have seven pages on my Palm Pre and would prefer to rename each page. Instead, I am using a tab patch that displays each page as: #1, #2, #3, etc. Should I un-install the tabs patch and then install the rename page patch? Thanks for your help.
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    I am getting conflicting information (searched all over) on whether to uninstall the Named Launcher Patch and the add launcher pages patch before doing to 1.4.5 update.

Do we uninstall first or are they ok to leave? Some say ok, some say no.. I would prefer not to uninstall them.

Also, what happens to all your apps when you uninstall the add pages patch? They just get grouped again into 3 pages?

Sorry for the dumb questions.. but I don't want to mess anything up.

Thanks!!