Page 24 of 26 FirstFirst ... 141920212223242526 LastLast
    Global Posts
    775 Global Posts
    I had to remove a couple of launcher patches that I had installed before I found your patch.
    Can you release the 1.4.1 patch on here so I can edit it so that my HIDE LAUNCHER patch stops popping up?
    stay in touch with the hip hop community @http://www.twitter.com/moon_man_e
    Can you release the 1.4.1 patch on here so I can edit it so that my HIDE LAUNCHER patch stops popping up?
    04/08/2010 07:03 PM
    +1

Also need an update for the change tile bar font color.

I don't mind running any Linux commands...
  4.    #464  
    Quote Originally Posted by Loco Wit The Pre View Post
    The 1.4.0 patch is attached to the first message of this thread. Beyond that, there's no specific 1.4.1 patch that I know about.
    l.m.orchard
    {web,mad,computer} scientist
    http://decafbad.com/
    Is there a way to speed up the animation of the menu or moving between the launcher pages? Or to use the defaults used by the rest of the UI?

I've installed the 'faster animations' patch and it has improved how the Pre seems to work. However, the speed at which the page name menu drops down or moves between launcher pages doesn't seem to be affected. That's unfortunate because while I really like the functionality of this patch, it has always seemed a little sluggish compared to other operations. Now it's really slow compared to the rest of the UI.

Thanks!
    Global Posts
    329 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lmorchard View Post
    The 1.4.0 patch is attached to the first message of this thread. Beyond that, there's no specific 1.4.1 patch that I know about.
    What Loco is asking you to do is to recreate your patch on a WebOS v1.4.1 kernel. thorne
    For all those that love Named Pages in App Launcher, I just installed this other patch that goes nicely with Named Pages.

It's called [Patch] Glass Effect Launcher!

Makes the Launcher look real classy in my opinion.

The developer said he just posted it in Preware, but it is not showing there just yet, I installed it via WebOSQI.

Take a look at it.

Rob

PS Sorry, I don't mean to promote it, but I just wanted to share it with this group because we seem to all love making the Launcher much more usable and nicer to work with.
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

Quote Originally Posted by hrminer92 View Post
    Is there a way to speed up the animation of the menu or moving between the launcher pages?
    +1

I agree 100%. The patch overall seems sluggish.

This would go a long way to making this patch even greater!
  9.    #469  
    Quote Originally Posted by thornev View Post
    What Loco is asking you to do is to recreate your patch on a WebOS v1.4.1 kernel. thorne
    As far as I know, the 1.4.0 patch already works on 1.4.1
    l.m.orchard
  10.    #470  
    Quote Originally Posted by hrminer92 View Post
    Is there a way to speed up the animation of the menu or moving between the launcher pages? Or to use the defaults used by the rest of the UI?
    This patch doesn't use anything custom, just plain Mojo widgets for submenus and headers. I'm not sure what the faster animations patch does or why it wouldn't affect widgets in the launcher.
    l.m.orchard
    Loco / MannyMan -- Have either of you been successful editing v8 to remove the QL bar popup when jumping pages with Named Pages.

Based on LM's response that he hasn't touched v8, I downloaded it, changed patch lines 217 and 240 to be:

SystemManagerService.showQuickLaunch(false)
    [from (true)]

I made the edits but had no luck using WOSQI to install my version "named pages_v8_noql.patch". I had previously uninstalled all launcher patches just in case. I also tried to install the stock namedpages_v8.patch version with WEBOSQI with no success... that's why I'm assuming v8 doesn't work in 1.4.1.1.... However, given the issues many of us have had in getting this patch to play well with other patches and AUPT, I could be wrong. I assume LM is using V8 on a Sprint 1.4.1.1 without problems, but he's not using the advanced installer tools or AUPT. He's using quilt / command line to install it.

My final attempt to drop the quicklaunch bar from popping up was to download the patch's ipk file from the preware repository, but viewing the ipk from notepad++ doesn't actually show the patch code... (at least not apparently to me -- there's a bunch of unreadable garbage at the top of the file). So this approach apparently won't work either.

If lmorchard didn't update for 1.4.1.1 then maybe someone else did.

Any other ideas?
    Last edited by greenawayj; 04/23/2010 at 11:39 AM. Reason: fixed incorrect line references in v8.patch
    Quote Originally Posted by lmorchard View Post
    This patch doesn't use anything custom, just plain Mojo widgets for submenus and headers. I'm not sure what the faster animations patch does or why it wouldn't affect widgets in the launcher.
    lmorchard,

Maybe it's a combination of patches on my device, but there are a few things with your patch that are slower than the rest of the OS.

The major one for me is when I want to move an app to a different page (which, by the way, is one of the best features of your patch). Once I bring up the list of pages to move my app to and tap on the new page, there is a very noticeable pause until the new page item is selected and the menu-disappearing animation completes. The menu animation is also quite jerky. Is this because in the background the launcher is switching to the new page?

I would prefer that the launcher remain on the launcher page that I started from anyway. My typical usage pattern is that I have a bunch of apps on one page that I want to move to a variety of other pages. Currently, I have to move the app, then switch the launcher back to the page I started on, then move the next app, etc. If keeping the launcher on the starting page when moving an app would make the process faster and smoother, would you consider changing the way this works? This would facilitate moving large numbers of apps around better than the current set up.

I have another request that may or not be related. As I understand it, there currently is a 10 launcher page maximum. I am currently using all 10 pages. This means that when I bring up the launcher-page-selector menu, since it only displays a maximum of 8 pages, I must scroll the list up and down to get to all of my pages. Might this be causing the animations to be slower? Regardless, would it be possible for your patch to display all 10 pages in these menus?

Thanks for a great patch.
    Global Posts
    341 Global Posts
    I have noticed that sometimes when moving apps I accidentally delete them since that's the highlighted button. Anyway to create a delete confirmation before deleting them when that menu comes up?

Also would like to see apps that I move go to the END of the page instead of being the first position. I have my stuff that I use regularly setup in the first order and I end up having to move the app that I've just moved to that page down then. i know when you drop an app across to another page, then it bumps it to the end. maybe this patch could do the same?
    Global Posts
    609 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by greenawayj View Post
    My final attempt to drop the quicklaunch bar from popping up was to download the patch's ipk file from the preware repository, but viewing the ipk from notepad++ doesn't actually show the patch code... (at least not apparently to me -- there's a bunch of unreadable garbage at the top of the file). So this approach apparently won't work either.
    Once you download the ipk, open it with 7zip and look around for the .patch file contained within, then extract it and open that file with notepad++.
    Loco / MannyMan -- Have either of you been successful editing v8 to remove the QL bar popup when jumping pages with Named Pages.
    Nope. Been waiting on someone to fork the patch, so that I can add it via WOSQI or PreWare...
    I was wondering, once someone is successful in editing v8 to remove the QL bar popup, would it be possible to make it a "megamix" patch that combines this with either Jason's "Hide Quick Launch in Launcher" or combines it with Sconix's "Hide Quick Launch in Launcher Remix" patch (which the latter would be my personal preference)? There is a similar request made by Mikeh20 on the "Hide Quick Launch in Launcher Remix" thread for a megamix type patch that combines Hide Launcher Bar Remix, Wrap Pages, and Named Pages in App Launcher. Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by cdonehew; 04/24/2010 at 02:43 PM.
    Hi all,

I guess I will direct this message to lmorchard and see if he is interested in this idea or anyone else.

I love Named Pages in App Launcher (patch) as everyone here does.

I also tried once, a patch that is not compatible with Named Pages in App Launcher because of obvious reason, the 'Page Section Tabs in App Launcher' (which to my surprise was also written by lmorchard which I just discovered while writing this message).

I also tried the new 'Scroll Bar in Web Pages' patch (both vertical and horizontal) which comes in two sizes.

Bear with me while I try and lay this idea out!

Right now, to switch pages we click on the Named Page Title and we get a drop down menu to select the specific page we want to go to.

In the Tab Pages patch you could go left or right and if you did not have a ton of pages you could go directly to the pages you wanted since it was just a simple box that we could click on.

And with the new Scroll Bar in the Web page we can see where we are within a page. How far from the top of the page, if we where in the middle or the end of the page. And we could slide the scroll bar to quickly go to the top of the page or quickly go to the bottom of the page.

My idea:

Is it possible to incorporate a horizontal scroll bar within the Named Page App Title Button so we can 1) see how far we from the first page to the last page. 2) Slide the scroll bar to go directly to the last page or to the middle of all the pages.

Then we could either use the 'drop down menu' or use the new scroll bar to get to pages.

I'm not sure if the pages could re-draw fast enough not to make this idea feel sluggish or if there is a way to control the animation so it would look OK.

If not a the Scroll Bar idea, maybe have some sort of mixture of the Tabbed Page idea in with the Named Page App Launcher.

Honestly, I think the Scroll Bar would be the easiest and take up the least amount of screen real estate, since it would be part of the title button bar with the name.

Does this sound like something interesting to try to consider and talk about?

Can it even be done?

Thanks!

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3

Quote Originally Posted by rpankoe View Post
    Also would like to see apps that I move go to the END of the page instead of being the first position.
    I like this idea also!

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3

Hey all -- So thank's to cwgtex's help (I didn't realize IPKs were zip files), I was able to pull the 1.4.1-1 version of the Named Pages patch.... I've named it v9 for now. I also edited v9 to change the two instances of the SystemManagerService.showQuickLaunch(true) to (false)... So far, so good... right?

Well, after using Preware to remove the Preware version of named pages as well as all of my App launcher patches (just to be safe), I tried installing v9_noql using WOSQI 3.12. No go!!! IPKG error.

Reviewing the error log... all patched changes work fine except launcher-scene.html.

Error:
    patching file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/app/views/launcher/launcher-scene.html
    Hunk #1 FAILED at 18.
    1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/app/views/launcher/launcher-scene.html.rej
    Just to be sure, I tried installing the original "v9" version extracted directly from the ipk file -- also NO GO. I'm only techie enough to take it this far. I don't know why it won't work when it clearly installs perfectly from within Preware. (though it's always my first app launcher patch just to be sure there's no conflicts.

If anyone wants to test this out, I'll be happy to send the v9 and v9_noql .patch files by PM - just PM me. I don't want to post them here when I'm fairly sure they don't work right now.

I seem to remember that this patch installed by WOSQI had install issues with this particular .html file back in the 1.3.5 days... I worked with eric gaudet and lmorchard for a few days to prove that that patch works fine and it had something to do with AUPT or the install technology that creates this error. I have not tried to install the v9 patch with WOSQI 2.96 or earlier to test out this theory.
    Global Posts
    609 Global Posts
    Well, after using Preware to remove the Preware version of named pages as well as all of my App launcher patches (just to be safe), I tried installing v9_noql using WOSQI 3.12. No go!!! IPKG error.

Reviewing the error log... all patched changes work fine except launcher-scene.html.
    I had a similar problem when I was trying to mix the "named pages" patch with another patch. I think it has something to do with the "named pages" patch creating new files on the device. I wasn't able to resolve a fix, at least not applying the patch with WOSQI.