Page 20 of 26 FirstFirst ... 101516171819202122232425 ... LastLast
    Just thought I'd post here because many ppl seem to have this problem.

I had a couple other launcher patches installed (no launch bar, 4x4 pages, add pages). I installed the named pages patch and I got:

- Blank page in launcher, only one page, with #1 at the top
    - NO ICONS

I thought I had messed up and would have to doctor the pre... all it needed was a reboot.

After rebooting everything works exactly as you'd expect it.

just FYI.
    All of a sudden I keep losing pages. After a reset I have only 3 named pages. I can add more pages and name them but they get lost again when I reset. Don't think I did anything to change stuff. I installed Mode Switcher but then deleted it and the Mode Switcher people say it does not affect launcher. Any help?
    Laissez Faire
    Global Posts
    403 Global Posts
    I just wanted to mention (if it hasn't been mentioned yet) that having the patch "Launcher Page Selection Tabs" will cause this patch to fail on install.
    Quote Originally Posted by lmorchard View Post
    It looks like this is because I selectively hide and reveal the quick launch bar when showing the submenu and when showing the page rename dialog, just like Palm does with the App Info dialog. That's something Jason's patch modifies in the built-in Palm code, but not mine.

If you want to make sure the quick launch bar doesn't ever get revealed by my patch, you can customize the patch by changing every line that looks like this:

SystemManagerService.showQuickLaunch(true);

To look like this:

SystemManagerService.showQuickLaunch(false);

I think there are 2 instances in there to replace. I haven't actually tried this myself, but it should work because it's basically the same thing Jason's patch does.
    How do you access this in order to change the true to false?
    stay in touch with the hip hop community @http://www.twitter.com/moon_man_e
    All of my icons disappeared. I have empty pages named #1, #2, and #3.

Do I need to uninstall any of my patches? Like iPhone iCons, Hide Quick Launcher and 4x4 icons?

Without any icons, how do I get to PreWare?
    Can't get this to install after the update
    Laissez Faire
    I'm running WebOSDoctor. I hope this will restore my Palm to a working unit again.

Is there another "Add Pages" patch that forsure works on 1.4.1?
    Ditto here with not being able to install or update patch after 1.4.1.1.

Let me know if you need error log files.

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

I can neither update or remove this patch. webOS 1.4.1.1
    Quote Originally Posted by CoachGary View Post
    All of my icons disappeared. I have empty pages named #1, #2, and #3.

Do I need to uninstall any of my patches? Like iPhone iCons, Hide Quick Launcher and 4x4 icons?

Without any icons, how do I get to PreWare?
    Start typing preware, then tap it. It ought to show as a universal search results.
    Same problem for me. Won't update or uninstall. Just trying to uninstall using WebOSQuickInstall but getting an error with that too.
    i'm in the same boat. wont' update or uninstall after 1.4.1.1 and i need this patch. please help.
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    Same here. Won't update after 1.4.1.
    Global Posts
    447 Global Posts
    It failed to update for me after 1.4.1.1 (Sprint, US)
    It wont let me remove either.
    Updated to 1.41 (GSM, UK based). Very excited to get paid for apps (not that there are that many available yet, but they are coming) but this patch will not re-install with WebOSQuickInstall like the other patches did when I plugged in to that.

Can't update with Preware, or remove it to re-install it from the beginning.

IPKG log complains about an unreversed patch.
    I got the Named Pages patch to work again.

First I deleted the "Enable Add/Delete Pages" and "4x4 Icons v3" patches. Then a Luna restart. After the restart I installed all three patches again, and now they work.
    Global Posts
    118 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CobERA View Post

First I deleted the "Enable Add/Delete Pages" and "4x4 Icons v3" patches. Then a Luna restart. After the restart I installed all three patches again, and now they work.
    Thanks! That worked (finally) for me as well!
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    I tried the method suggested above, it did not work for me. We'll have to wait for lmorchard to figure out what is wrong with the patch I will miss the most!
    Quote Originally Posted by CobERA View Post

Were you able to remove the Named Pages patch also, or did you do all of that with the patch still installed?

(I have 3 patches that won't update or uninstall: Named Pages, SMS Per Contact, and No Auto-Off).
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    I am unable to update or remove this patch as well. Error available upon request.