Page 19 of 26 FirstFirst ... 91415161718192021222324 ... LastLast
  1.    #361  
    Quote Originally Posted by gollyzila View Post
    I second the motion for smaller titles!
    I probably won't be the one to release a patch with the smaller title, because I don't have time to maintain what I don't use. But, anyone is welcome to pick up the old one and carry it forward!
    l.m.orchard
    {web,mad,computer} scientist
    http://decafbad.com/
    Quote Originally Posted by lmorchard View Post
    You're correct - this patch stores the page names in a cookie. Basically all the cookie has in it is an array of names, indexed by page number, and the patch code is the only thing that accesses the cookie.

This means removing the patch actually leaves that data behind, but I can't think of any problems that would cause. The patch tries to be pretty careful about not making any assumptions whether the cookie is present or intact.

I could see adding a menu option to clear out the list, but there no such thing as patch install / remove hooks that would let me do that automatically.

But, the (non-)existence of the cookie shouldn't affect whether or not the patch itself can be removed or applied.
    My page names disappeared the other day--not sure why. I only have about 8 launcher pages, so it wasn't a huge deal to fix them, but just curious about why that might have happened.
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    For some reason it keeps giving me an IPK error when I try to download this patch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Grace View Post
    I'm just happy that it works, period. Thanks very much for a great patch!
    I completely agree. This is by far the best patch yet...and that is saying something considering all the wonderful patches out there!
  5.    #365  
    Quote Originally Posted by louie2701 View Post
    For some reason it keeps giving me an IPK error when I try to download this patch.
    What's giving you what IPK error when you download the patch where?
    l.m.orchard
  6.    #366  
    Quote Originally Posted by grappler View Post
    My page names disappeared the other day--not sure why. I only have about 8 launcher pages, so it wasn't a huge deal to fix them, but just curious about why that might have happened.
    I've heard that happen at least once before, but I can't think of any reason for it and have never seen it myself. Ugh. It would have to be the cookie somehow going away, but they don't just do that on their own as far as I know.

Probably too late to figure out now, but was there any other patch or apps you installed just before that happened?
    l.m.orchard
    Quote Originally Posted by lmorchard View Post
    I've heard that happen at least once before, but I can't think of any reason for it and have never seen it myself. Ugh. It would have to be the cookie somehow going away, but they don't just do that on their own as far as I know.

Probably too late to figure out now, but was there any other patch or apps you installed just before that happened?
    Under the Web browser app (really with Palm would have "brand-named" the browser).... Preferences. There is a button to Clear Cookies. Alternatively, it's possible to turn off "accept cookies" on that Prefs page as well.

Would either of those actions remove the Page Names cookie file?
  8.    #368  
    Quote Originally Posted by greenawayj View Post
    Under the Web browser app (really with Palm would have "brand-named" the browser).... Preferences. There is a button to Clear Cookies. Alternatively, it's possible to turn off "accept cookies" on that Prefs page as well.

Would either of those actions remove the Page Names cookie file?
    It shouldn't, as far as I understand. Apps (including the Launcher) should have cookie jars that are entirely separate and isolated from other apps and the browser cookie jar (which is an app itself). It didn't seem to cause a problem when I tried it just now.
    l.m.orchard
    Quote Originally Posted by grappler View Post
    Under 1.3.5.1, I had this happen once or twice, but a reboot fixed it. Haven't seen the problem under 1.4.
    Quote Originally Posted by louie2701 View Post
    Me too.

1. when I install over preware, the postinst says" the next patch would create the file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/app/controllers/rename-page-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$ $which$ $already$ $exists$! $Assume$ -$R$? [$n$]
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file sr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/app/controllers/rename-page-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    The next patch would create the file sr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/app/views/launcher/dialogs/rename-page.html,which already exists! Assume -R? [n]
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file sr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/app/views/launcher/dialogs/rename-page.html.rej

then it says:
    Remove
    Removing package org.webosinternals.patches.app-launcher-named-pages-in-the-launcher from root
    My launcher page names disappeared about 1-2 days ago as well. Also my Preware appearance changed from my usual black theme to the default white theme. The only thing I can think of was that I have updated about 2-3 patches in the last couple of days (PDF redux, delete emails from the notification bar, and maybe 1 other).

Since the 1.4 update, I also started also experiencing increased battery drain, random luna resets, lack of response to pressing the power button while the phone is asleep, and the funky "screen locked" icon appearing over the open app without the usual "screen lock icon with wallpaper fade" screen when waking the phone from sleep.

I am chalking the whole thing up to an unstable webOS update. It doesn't seem to be an issue with the patch IMHO.

Noah
    Quote Originally Posted by edelweiss View Post
    Me too.

1. when I install over preware, the postinst says" the next patch would create the file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/app/controllers/rename-page-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$ $which$ $already$ $exists$! $Assume$ -$R$? [$n$]
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file sr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/app/controllers/rename-page-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    The next patch would create the file sr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/app/views/launcher/dialogs/rename-page.html,which already exists! Assume -R? [n]
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file sr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/app/views/launcher/dialogs/rename-page.html.rej

then it says:
    Remove
    Removing package org.webosinternals.patches.app-launcher-named-pages-in-the-launcher from root
    same problem for me what do I need to do to get this patch?
    Something really mystifying just happened. I have an exchanged Palm Pre Plus (my first one went south on me a few days ago), and I re-installed some of my old patches, plus Named Pages, which I had previously run under 1.3.5, but had not tried in the 1.4 version. It installed normally, but when I went to the Pre all of my app icons had disappeared from all pages! They're still there, It seems, but the launcher pages are totally blank--although the names of the pages are visible (from, I guess, the 1.3.5 installation. Several mysteries here: this is a new device, with a completely new OS and set of downloaded apps, which, of course, wouldn't include patches. How did the new Named Pages patch know about my previous names for the pages? Also, I used WOSQI's EPR, but the Named App functionality is still there, and the pages are still blank, although WOSQI says all my patches are gone. I have no idea what's going on.
    Definitely reboot and make sure you don't have the 4x4 v3 patch or wrap pages patch installed. Those are known to be incompatible with this patch and produce the blank launcher page phenomenon.
    Quote Originally Posted by sjamie View Post
    Definitely reboot and make sure you don't have the 4x4 v3 patch or wrap pages patch installed. Those are known to be incompatible with this patch and produce the blank launcher page phenomenon.
    Interesting, I had the 4 x 4 V4, but I imagine the compatibility problems are similar. Thanks. By reboot, did you mean Restart, or a full erasure and profile rebuild?
    4x4 v3 works fine with Named Pages in App Launcher. You will need to download the older version of wrap pages for it to work, not the current version available on Preware.
    Quote Originally Posted by sjamie View Post
    Correction: The 4x4 v3 works well (I actually have it installed). The 4x4 v4 is the one that can cause problems with the current wrap pages patch.
    Quote Originally Posted by geneziz View Post
    4x4 v3 works fine with Named Pages in App Launcher. You will need to download the older version of wrap pages for it to work, not the current version available on Preware.
    Where can the older wrap pages patch be found? I would love to have it!
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    The original wrap pages link is on page 2, post #35 of this thread your in now.
    Quote Originally Posted by ABQMD View Post
    The original wrap pages link is on page 2, post #35 of this thread your in now.
    Thank you, I found it! However, it seems rather buggy combined with this patch. I don't know if I'll keep wrap pages installed. I'll reboot and watch it closely tomorrow.