Page 17 of 26 FirstFirst ... 71213141516171819202122 ... LastLast
    ^there is another patch that it's conflicting with. don't remember exactly but it's in this thread.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    A few guys over in the "Page Selection Tabs" patch thread were having the same issue.

To get back to normal, access Preware from Universal Search and remove most recent patches (EPR to remove all patches if needed).

I cannot confirm or deny, but prubin says:

Quote Originally Posted by prubin View Post
    The 4X4 icons no arrows plus named pages makes the icons disappear.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChemEngr View Post
    ^there is another patch that it's conflicting with. don't remember exactly but it's in this thread.
    4x4 with no arrows
    Laissez Faire
    I believe the patch causing conflicts is possibly "No Arrows Or Fade Bar".

Just refreshed. So it seems any patch removing the arrows is the root of the problem. I restarted Luna and tried re-installing this same patch and it caused conflicts. So it is that patch. Just stay away from either of them, and this patch will work fine.
    Last edited by PalmNSH; 03/02/2010 at 10:34 PM.
    Global Posts
    609 Global Posts
    I am the author of "4x4v4 with no arrows" patch and also the "no arrows" patch. I still need to update "4x4v4", but the latest version of the "no arrows" patch by itself should be compatible with "named pages" patch. This is in theory

Could anyone verify?
    I'm having this problem... I waited to upgrade until today, and I guess I didn't have Preware set to automatically update the feeds?... So now this is the only stuck patch I've had a problem with.

What a bummer. Caused me a pretty rough time clicking ahead for ~50 patches.

Anybody know how I can get rid of these hunk errors, tho?? I've tried removing the patch with Preware and it's not working.
    just added patch. lost all launcher icons. How can I remove the patch?
    Did you install with Preware?

Do you have "4x4v4 with no arrows" patch also installed? (some have reported this incompatibility when that patch is also installed)

Basically, I think the fix that has worked for most seems to be:

• start typing in universal search to get Preware.
    • Tap the Preware icon.
    • Go to installed packages-patches and remove this patch.
    • Then you can decide if you want to keep this one or "4x4v4 with no arrows" (or wait until cwgtex / lmorchard figure out the incompatibility and see if they can make them work together.)
    Global Posts
    609 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by radjay View Post
    just added patch. lost all launcher icons. How can I remove the patch?
    Which patch, "4x4v4 no arrows" or "no arrows or fade bar"? As I said before I know that the former is still not compatible, but the latter should work. So which one did you install?
    Quote Originally Posted by cwgtex View Post
    Which patch, "4x4v4 no arrows" or "no arrows or fade bar"? As I said before I know that the former is still not compatible, but the latter should work. So which one did you install?
    No arrows or fade bar did not work for me. I tested this a few times, restating lune and removing and reinstalling.
    It must be the 4x4 w/no arrows cuz I have that patch too.

That's a tough decision there. I like both patches!
    Your patch seems to have blown away all my icons in the launcher.

Got any suggestions?

I started a thread on this at http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...-now-what.html

So far I've run the EPR and your patch did not disappear and my icons are not back yet.

I'd really like some help. I really don't want to have to reinstall my whole Pre.
    And yes, I DID/DO have the 4x4 icons v4 No Arrows installed. It looks like it's still there.
    Yes, I fell into the same trap. Why don't you take that patch down or warn people?

And how the Hell do I fix this thing? I'm trying everything and the patch won't uninstall.
    Quote Originally Posted by meshmarketer View Post
    Yes, I fell into the same trap. Why don't you take that patch down or warn people?

And how the Hell do I fix this thing? I'm trying everything and the patch won't uninstall.
    Because the OS has been out for less than 4 days and this issue just came up yesterday when it finally hit preware. Before, you had to manually install it.

I'm not sure how to fix the issue besides using webOS Doctor, but show some respect. There is no "trap". You used PATCHES which aren't even designed exactly for the OS. You run the risk of things going wrong and it's no one's fault but yours in the end. This man does this for free.

If you haven't tried WebOS Doctor, you haven't tried everything.
    I need to show some respect?

I said I'm TRYING everything not that I tried everything.

I am not disrespecting the guy who made this software because I fell into the same trap.

When you're playing golf and you land in the sand trap, it doesn't mean that someone is out to get you and it's not like the developers of these two apps were out to trick or trap people.

I am in a trap that I have to figure out how to get into. And who do you think is responsible for being in this trap? That would be me.

I didn't say "I blame this guy" or "I blame the jerk or $#%#@$%$#%" or anything like that.

Where is the disrespect?

You are misconstruing and mischaracterizing what I said.

I have a great deal of respect for people who know more than I do and it's not like I can't imagine what it would be like to be in their shoes and find that the latest and greatest update (which everyone is supposed to unload their themes, patches and stuff before running it) has caused some problems.

Why not read what I said a little more carefully before getting off on this "show some respect" stance?

My phone got screwed up and it's my fault and no one else's. Now does that sound to you like I'm trying to show a lack of respect?
    Regardless, have you tried using WebOS Doctor to solve your problems? If you have never reloaded your phone, it is an extremely simple process and most settings come back just as you had them before.

You have to look at it from the other side. You massively spammed this thread with three back to back posts, then you created another thread where you posted 5 posts back to back before anyone said anything. From my angle, it looked like you were freaking out. That's never a good sign. A simple search through this forum will usually answer any questions you have, especially when it comes to your phone not working correctly after a patch.

I just joined here 5 days ago and have barely had my phone and this forum has answered every issue I have experienced by my own "traps". Just stay calm and look for answers. I promise they will come.
    Quote Originally Posted by meshmarketer View Post

Try uninstalling all other launcher patches (look for the up arrow icons in Preware list of installed patches) then do luna reboot and go back into Preware and you should be able to uninstall this patch....then you'll have to put your launcher patches back on...
    If "If's" and "But's" were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas!

I think there should be a warning in the description of this patch that people have issues with it. And this is not related just to 1.4 release, I had problems with this patch already on 1.3.5.2 (it was not possible to uninstall this patch ! I tried many different things (uninstalled all patches, did luna reboot, run EPR from both Preware and QI) and it was not possible to get rid of it ! I ended up with doctoring my PRE due to this patch ! The idea is great and I am going to install it back once it is confirmed it is uninstallable, but as per now it seems that the code is not ready to be released without any warning.
    Inherently, this is one of the few pages that can't be fully removed with AUPT [yet?].

All the other patches have an obvious path to remove themselves and then reinstall. But this one, I believe, does not know how to remove itself (or AUPT doesn't know how to remove it)... because this is one of the only patches that you can truly customize, creating the name of each launcher page.