Page 16 of 26 FirstFirst ... 61112131415161718192021 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by lmorchard View Post
    I don't mind - in fact, I'd encourage it. All my patches are MIT-licensed, so there are no restrictions on forking them. I like to see my name appear somewhere vaguely near it, but even that's not required.

If you actually care about the change - unlike me - it's more likely you'll keep your version working and up to date
    Thanks. Problem is, I can easily make the two simple edits to change a variable setting from TRUE to FALSE.

Until I have some time to dig deeper into the .patch files and the coding, I'll never be able to go any further than piggybacking your work on the core patch. That said, I'm happy to do it and you do deserve the credit for this great patch.
    If I get a chance to take a look, I will. But, I never use it any more myself, so it's kind of a pain to maintain. Hopefully someone else who likes it and can hack patches will adopt it someday.
    Thanks!
    I know you are trying to "Perfect" the the new one, but the old one is already perfect, it just nees to work.
    =)
    just confirming the 'v8' patch is available now in Preware in the launcher category.

Without removing my command line installation from last night, I just clicked on install within Preware and a few seconds later it was done (pending luna restart) and I was AUPT protected for this patch Thanks to lmorchard for the patch and to Eric G for another use-case / example of AUPT success!!!
    I've never seen this happen, and couldn't say off the top of my head what would cause it to happen.

What other patches do you have applied, and did you install anything over the last couple of days? Have you tried creating / removing additional pages, assuming you have the add/remove pages patch installed?

Pretty much same answer as above - haven't seen it myself, can't think of what would make it happen. Are you saying Universal Search is still not working, even when this patch is removed?
    I had "Add/Delete Pages" installed, also "Hide Quick Launch Bar". I didn't install anything new when the problem started, just started removing things in preparation for 1.4 (I am in Canada!), but the things I removed I don't think should conflict with the Launcher. They are:

- Web browser ad-blocker installed by WebOS Quick Install
    - Youtube video download installed by WebOS Quick Install
    - iPhone user agent spoof installed by WebOS Quick Install
    - 600 MHz patch using luna600patch.sh
    - Auto-enable IP Forwarding In Mobile Hotspot installed by WebOS Quick Install (uninstalled using Preware)

Once these patches were removed is when I lost pages 8, 9, and 10 of the Launcher, and most of the icons on page 7. Universal Search also stopped working. I tried many reboots and many Luna restarts to no avail.

Next I tried EPR. Universal Search came back, but the Launcher was still wonky.

Then I reinstalled your patch and "Enable Add/Delete Pages". I tried removing the last page (page 7). Didn't help. I added back page 7. Still same boat. I am missing all the icons that were on pages 8-10.
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    This one of the best patches available. Thanks Imorchard for gettig it back up so fast it works perfectly.
    i just installed this patch through Preware. I have names pages, but no icons. my apps are still there, they just don't show in the launcher. The funny thing is, all the pages already had the names i had given them before the update. Even funnier, i doctored my phone before i installed this update. any idea whats going on?

Update: i got this patch working. It worked after a Dr. and a Full Erase. I'm not sure all of that was necessary, and it certainly ideal, but this patch is so great it was worth the hassle.
    Last edited by Mhunterjr; 03/02/2010 at 05:16 PM.
    Confirming that the new version on preware works for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Grace View Post
    Confirming that the new version on preware works for me.
    +1

yay!
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    Is there a way to force overwrite of existing files when installing this patch?

I had deleted this patch using WebOSQI and for some reason, it has forgotten to delete two rename related jsjsjs $files$.

So, when I try to install this patch either through the Quick Install or through Preware, the install is getting stuck.

Any command line option to force the overwrite of existing files?

EDIT-----
    Finally got it to install by first manually coping the patch in the QI install directory and trying the install from there. It failed but after the failure, went back to Tweaks and install it from there and it succeeded.

What's interesting is that all the old page names were still there and showed up.
    Last edited by csrow; 03/02/2010 at 05:05 PM.
    Ladies and Gents, I can also confirm that this patch is in Preware and it's working flawlessly. Thank you very much guys.
    ok, maybe you all can help me.....I've never had this installed, pre-1.4, and had installed the empty shell of a package post 1.4.....today, it said there was an update available, so installed it, and now, the pages are numbered but empty, although the apps are still on device.....any ideas?
    Quote Originally Posted by dingwall1 View Post
    ok, maybe you all can help me.....I've never had this installed, pre-1.4, and had installed the empty shell of a package post 1.4.....today, it said there was an update available, so installed it, and now, the pages are numbered but empty, although the apps are still on device.....any ideas?
    I'm having the exact problem... ***?
    Bueller.....
    Quote Originally Posted by boston_ant View Post
    I'm having the exact problem... ***?
    Bueller.....
    Did you try renaming the pages?
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    Can't you just click the upper-left corner and select "Rename Page"?
    ok, there is a misunderstanding.....yea, I can rename the pages, and that works just fine,....what I'm saying is, there are literally no icons on the pages, they are empty....The top bar is correct, but nothing on the page. Device options still show the apps are installed.
    ok, there is a misunderstanding.....yea, I can rename the pages, and that works just fine,....what I'm saying is, there are literally no icons on the pages, they are empty....The top bar is correct, but nothing on the page. Device options still show the apps are installed.
    Hmmm, I though someone brought up a similar issue a few pages back. Try a hard reboot first while you search this thread.
    you know...........lol, the more I sit with no icons visible, the more I like it.....I can still get to anything via universal search, and my hidden quick launch bar still has my necessities...hmmmm........
    Quote Originally Posted by foosball View Post
    Hmmm, I though someone brought up a similar issue a few pages back. Try a hard reboot first while you search this thread.
    You were correct, I had read the thread but must have missed post 279. Thanks....
    Just installed this patch and aftee Luna restart, all my launcher pages were empty.

It's a shame b/c I really enjoyed this patch.

Funny thing though. I had this patch installed prior to 1.4. I have since doctored and done 2 full erases. When I reinstalled this patch, all the names of my pages reappeared. How is that even possible?