Page 14 of 26 FirstFirst ... 491011121314151617181924 ... LastLast
Results 261 to 280 of 517
  1. #261  
    that is correct when I uninstall and reinstall I get the error and it references the launcher-scence.html. I use winscp soit is no problem making changes to the file. Have tried the command line tools
  2. #262  
    Quote Originally Posted by lmorchard View Post
    Thanks for running through all of that. It sounds like posting all of this in a WOSQI thread might be good, since I don't know how it does patching and how that might differ from the usual GNU patch/diff utils I use in development.
    No Prob. I really hate when something is illogical and the errors I was getting when trying to reinstall using the AUPT versions of QI were just that. They made no sense. In the end, to get my Pre 'ready' for the 1.4 udpate, I ended up just going back to your v5 via Preware rather than my No Quick Launch bar version.

    Quote Originally Posted by lmorchard View Post
    This sounds lame, but probably the best thing I can do is leave my patch as-is, if it's triggering a bug in WOSQI. If there is indeed a bug, this can work as a test case, since I can verify that my patch works on a stock v1.4 device using quilt / diff / patch tools from the command line.
    I agree. I don't think there's anything you can do about it with regard to the .patch file and installation using Quick Install. I'm actually very curious about whether V8 installed with Preware would work just fine.

    I will drop Jason a note to bring this to his attention. I've been meaning to, but a busy weekend and Monday kept me from it.
  3.    #263  
    Quote Originally Posted by greenawayj View Post
    I agree. I don't think there's anything you can do about it with regard to the .patch file and installation using Quick Install. I'm actually very curious about whether V8 installed with Preware would work just fine.

    I will drop Jason a note to bring this to his attention. I've been meaning to, but a busy weekend and Monday kept me from it.
    I'm tempted to submit v8 to dbSooner's patches portal, but I'm a little reluctant to do it until I get at least one success report past my own Pre. Seems like it isn't working for anyone around here
    l.m.orchard
    {web,mad,computer} scientist
    http://decafbad.com/
  4. #264  
    Quote Originally Posted by lmorchard View Post
    I'm tempted to submit v8 to dbSooner's patches portal, but I'm a little reluctant to do it until I get at least one success report past my own Pre. Seems like it isn't working for anyone around here
    I was just going to try to install v8 via Command Line from my Pre, but the Terminal App keeps crashing the device and rebooting luna. I'll let you know if I'm able to.
  5. #265  
    Quote Originally Posted by greenawayj View Post
    I was just going to try to install v8 via Command Line from my Pre, but the Terminal App keeps crashing the device and rebooting luna. I'll let you know if I'm able to.
    Terminal does not currently work for 1.4. But Terminus does.
  6. #266  
    Quote Originally Posted by greenawayj View Post
    I was just going to try to install v8 via Command Line from my Pre, but the Terminal App keeps crashing the device and rebooting luna. I'll let you know if I'm able to.

    You have to use Terminus until they fix Terminal which broke with 1.4.

    Rob
  7. #267  
    Quote Originally Posted by lmorchard View Post
    I'm tempted to submit v8 to dbSooner's patches portal, but I'm a little reluctant to do it until I get at least one success report past my own Pre. Seems like it isn't working for anyone around here
    Don't be reluctant the portal acceptance will verify it applies to stock 1.4.0 files and regenerate from git.

    -Eric G

    WebOS Internals Developer.
    Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

    Donate
  8. #268  
    Quote Originally Posted by lmorchard View Post
    I'm tempted to submit v8 to dbSooner's patches portal, but I'm a little reluctant to do it until I get at least one success report past my own Pre. Seems like it isn't working for anyone around here
    LM / Eric / All --

    I just put the v8 patch into the root dir of my USB drive. Then I ran the following from the QI Terminal:

    /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/bin/patch -p1 -d / --dry-run -i /media/internal/app-launcher-named-pages-v8.patch

    All files ran through the dry run OK -- no errors!!!

    Then I (guessed) and deleted the "--dry-run" part:

    /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/bin/patch -p1 -d / -i /media/internal/app-launcher-named-pages-v8.patch

    and voila -- It works!!! I now have named pages running on my 1.4 Sprint Pre.

    There must be something wrong with Quick Install with regard to this patch -- it seems very strange (and Sorry Jason, if I'm wrong), but I can't figure out any other explanation...

    Now someone needs to help me with the command line instruction to remove it so that I can install with Preware once LM gets it submitted and updated.

    I guess I'll have to wait to mod my "No Quick Launch Bar" version until we get QI .patch installation sorted out for this patch.
  9. osirus's Avatar
    Posts
    145 Posts
    Global Posts
    147 Global Posts
    #269  
    you guys are great !!!
    Hi Everybody!!!
  10. #270  
    @greenawayj What other launcher patches do you have applied?
  11. #271  
    Quote Originally Posted by greenawayj View Post
    Now someone needs to help me with the command line instruction to remove it so that I can install with Preware once LM gets it submitted and updated.
    Throw in a -R.

    But here's the really cool part... If the patch as is gets submitted to webos-patches feed, you can install it without reversing the patch you just did and the AUPT script will see it as already applied and install the package data for you allowing you to remove it from preware

    -Eric G

    WebOS Internals Developer.
    Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

    Donate
  12. #272  
    awesome. I had to do a dr, and my pages are not.... up to snuff. I have been spoiled with this patch and will wait to move stuff till its live in preware. Thanks!!!!
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"


    PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
  13.    #273  
    Quote Originally Posted by egaudet View Post
    Throw in a -R.

    But here's the really cool part... If the patch as is gets submitted to webos-patches feed, you can install it without reversing the patch you just did and the AUPT script will see it as already applied and install the package data for you allowing you to remove it from preware
    Well, since I saw a few successes here, I just submitted to Preware. Let's see what happens there
    l.m.orchard
    {web,mad,computer} scientist
    http://decafbad.com/
  14. psvillars's Avatar
    Posts
    82 Posts
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    #274  
    small problem I installed the patch and the launcher shows the different page names and that part works great but for some reason my app icons aren't there they're just blank anybody know how to fix?
  15.    #275  
    Quote Originally Posted by psvillars View Post
    small problem I installed the patch and the launcher shows the different page names and that part works great but for some reason my app icons aren't there they're just blank anybody know how to fix?
    Just the usual: Did you install this patch along with any other patches? Have you tried uninstalling all patches, starting over with this one, then re-adding the others one at a time until the problem appears?
    l.m.orchard
    {web,mad,computer} scientist
    http://decafbad.com/
  16. psvillars's Avatar
    Posts
    82 Posts
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    #276  
    i would but now I can't uninstall the patch i did it through command line how do you uninstall the patch through commandline? I hate to have to doctor again lmao thanks for the help
  17.    #277  
    Quote Originally Posted by psvillars View Post
    i would but now I can't uninstall the patch i did it through command line how do you uninstall the patch through commandline? I hate to have to doctor again lmao thanks for the help
    How did you install the patch through the command line, exactly? (ie. can you paste the command here?)
    l.m.orchard
    {web,mad,computer} scientist
    http://decafbad.com/
  18. psvillars's Avatar
    Posts
    82 Posts
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    #278  
    sure it was:
    /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/bin/patch -p1 -d / -i /media/internal/app-launcher-named-pages-v8.patch
  19.    #279  
    Quote Originally Posted by psvillars View Post
    sure it was:
    /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/bin/patch -p1 -d / -i /media/internal/app-launcher-named-pages-v8.patch
    Then, try this:

    /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/bin/patch -R -p1 -d / -i /media/internal/app-launcher-named-pages-v8.patch
    l.m.orchard
    {web,mad,computer} scientist
    http://decafbad.com/
  20. psvillars's Avatar
    Posts
    82 Posts
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    #280  
    cool thanks

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions