Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 44
Like Tree1Likes
  1.    #1  
    I really like how this patch turned out. It adds a menu option to the launcher's menu called "Advanced Options". Tapping it brings this popup:



    Here's a quick explanation of each:

    Turn on/off DevMode - Pretty explanatory, will either turn DevMode on or off, followed by a system restart to apply the changes.

    Rescan Applications - This will rescan the installed applications. Usually this occurs automatically after an app is installed/uninstalled, but for rare circumstances, an manual rescan may be needed, so here's that option if you ever find the need.

    Rescan Fileindexer - Occasionally files won't be listed in the FilePicker widget or in apps like Music/Videos/Photos. Most times this occurs when files are added to the internal memory by unofficial means (SSH, SFTP, WOSQI, etc.).

    This is a result of the fileindexer not rescanning. Unfortunately, this is proprietary Palm software, so there's no easy API that can rescan. My other app, Internalz, encountered this issue months ago, and thankfully it was determined how to force a rescan. With the last FileMgr Service release, I updated its API to include my custom fileindexer rescan function. This option triggers that rescan (and requires FileMgr Service obviously).

    Run Garbage Collectors
    Garbage collectors clean up memory. This button runs both the javascript garbage collector (also known by people in JsTop) as well as running a Java garbage collector.


    Enjoy


    EDIT: File removed, updated version released
    Last edited by Jason Robitaille; 02/22/2010 at 10:34 PM.
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

    Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

    @JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    despinova likes this.
  2. #2  
    This was very needed. Much thanks.
  3.    #3  
    Found an issue with the DevMode toggle part. As of the the time of this post, I've uploaded a revised patch (to post #1) that works properly
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

    Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

    @JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
  4. #4  
    i cant install your patch due to i installed another patch called "app launcher page" anyway you can fix it? thnx jason good work with the new patches
  5. #5  
    Thanks again, Jason...

    I reorder my launcher menu to avoid inadvertently hitting delete page, so I had to modify that part to get it to install...

    Perhaps, the add/delete launcher pages option should be included in this one.

    In any case, you've once again done a service for the Pre user community!
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Flush2810 View Post
    i cant install your patch due to i installed another patch called "app launcher page" anyway you can fix it? thnx jason good work with the new patches
    I have no idea which patch that could be. Got a url?
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

    Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

    @JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
  7. #7  
    works nicely,thanks
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by ericizzy1 View Post
    help please, how do i install this patch? thanks
    http://forums.precentral.net/canuck-...les-wosqi.html
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

    Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

    @JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    I have no idea which patch that could be. Got a url?
    http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...-launcher.html here you go, but seems like he updated it to work with both now but just letting you know aswell
  10. #10  
    jason sorry for the interuption but are you the one updating webos repair utility by chance?? just wandering if it will be out soon is all?
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    jason sorry for the interuption but are you the one updating webos repair utility by chance?? just wandering if it will be out soon is all?
    also wondering this
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by Flush2810 View Post
    also wondering this
    For those still wondering, I've recently updated WebOS Repair Utility.



    Back on topic, here's an updated version of this patch. This version adds compatibility with the Hide Quick Launch Bar patch and the Hide Quick Launch Bar in Launcher patch.

    Nothing else changed, but as more and more ppl seem to be trying those patches, I figured full comparability is best

    EDIT: Updated patch can be found on post #25
    Last edited by Jason Robitaille; 01/23/2010 at 08:27 PM.
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

    Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

    @JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
  13. #13  
    Jason,

    Could you please tell me what version number this patch is. I am a little confused as it shows up twice in Preware as the one i have installed from here as v 1.3.5.1-1 and the one available on Preware being 1.3.5-12.

    Thank You
    Sam
    Attached Images Attached Images
  14. navinag's Avatar
    Posts
    455 Posts
    Global Posts
    489 Global Posts
    #14  
    Jason... This patch will not update via preware..ipkg error. Hunk #2 failed at 115 of launcher-assistant.jsjsjs...$1$ $of$ $2$ $hunks$ $failed$
    I also have named pages, add/delete pages, 5X4 icons installed, and remove titles installed..
    Last edited by navinag; 01/19/2010 at 06:03 PM.
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by geneziz View Post
    Jason,

    Could you please tell me what version number this patch is. I am a little confused as it shows up twice in Preware as the one i have installed from here as v 1.3.5.1-1 and the one available on Preware being 1.3.5-12.

    Thank You
    Sam
    You'd need to ask the people @ webos-internals, they manage the ipkg patch feed.

    Quote Originally Posted by navinag View Post
    Jason... This patch will not update via preware..ipkg error. Hunk #2 failed at 115 of launcher-assistant.jsjsjs...$1$ $of$ $2$ $hunks$ $failed$
    I also have named pages, add/delete pages, 5X4 icons installed, and remove titles installed..
    it's possible named pages patch caused incompatibility. Try installing via WOSQI and screenshot the error you might get
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

    Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

    @JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
  16. #16  
    Jason -- I loaded this patch via Preware and when I rebooted, all of my Launcher Pages were BLANK!!! I also have the Named Pages in Launcher tab, and all I saw was a grey screen with no icons, and the "Page Name" was just "..." on the top of the page. Luckily, Universal Search still worked so I was able to load up Preware, uninstall your Patch, and restart the phone, which fixed the issue.

    FYI that the other patches that I have loaded that may affect the Launcher are the following, all installed via Preware:
    Add Date - MM/DD
    Battery Icon as Percent
    Device Menu Megamix
    Named Pages in Launcher
    Gesture Tap for Info and Delete
    4x4 Icons v2
    Show Wifi SSID
    Unhide Dev Mode Icon
    Command Line & USCL Memo Patch

    Luckily, this was not a patch that I 100% needed, but it would have been nice to have...any idea why this would be happening?
  17. navinag's Avatar
    Posts
    455 Posts
    Global Posts
    489 Global Posts
    #17  
    Seems to me we had some patch collision. I was able to remove all launcher patches, including launcher names, except for this one. So i did an ipkg -o /media/cryptofs/apps remove "patch name" and it still did not remove it but made preware think it was removed. I was then able to extract the appropriate files from webos doctor 1.3.5.1 and replace the launcher-assistant.jsjsjs $files$ $and$ $deleted$ $the$ $other$ .$orig$ $file$ $that$ $somehow$ $was$ $not$ $the$ $original$.


    Long story short....My launcher setup is back to normal....and now this patch will not install......Not too concerned about it...just letting you know...
  18. #18  
    I am using this patch, but the devmode toggle does not work. It doesn't toggle.
  19.    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by Audemars02 View Post
    Jason -- I loaded this patch via Preware and when I rebooted, all of my Launcher Pages were BLANK!!! I also have the Named Pages in Launcher tab, and all I saw was a grey screen with no icons, and the "Page Name" was just "..." on the top of the page. Luckily, Universal Search still worked so I was able to load up Preware, uninstall your Patch, and restart the phone, which fixed the issue.

    FYI that the other patches that I have loaded that may affect the Launcher are the following, all installed via Preware:
    Add Date - MM/DD
    Battery Icon as Percent
    Device Menu Megamix
    Named Pages in Launcher
    Gesture Tap for Info and Delete
    4x4 Icons v2
    Show Wifi SSID
    Unhide Dev Mode Icon
    Command Line & USCL Memo Patch

    Luckily, this was not a patch that I 100% needed, but it would have been nice to have...any idea why this would be happening?
    I believe that was a patch collision with Named Pages in Launcher, which was correct in v5 of it

    Quote Originally Posted by todivefor View Post
    I am using this patch, but the devmode toggle does not work. It doesn't toggle.
    Are you using the current version of the patch from post #12?
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

    Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

    @JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
  20. #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    Are you using the current version of the patch from post #12?
    I don't know. I was using the latest patch from Preware. I am now running the patch from post #12, and it does not work. I downloaded patch, turned devmode on through "web0s20090606" and installed with webOS QI. After restart, I turned devmode off with the advanced options. After restart, I check and it was still on.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions