1.    #1  
    I've been playing around with running my pre at 550mhz and 600mhz, and typically I haven't been using the patches. Running 1.3.5.1

I just go to the commandline and echo 550000 > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_setspeed

Just sets the cpu to 550000, and no smart reflex or ondemand scaling. Works great for me.

But I noticed that after I ran Quake, it would be back down to 500mhz. So after a bit of poking around, I noticed that by monitoring the cpu (cat /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/cpuinfo_cur_freq), it jumps to 600 on its own while running quake, and then if you press the button to shrink it down to a card, it goes to 500, maximize it and it is back to 600. Does the same with Lets Golf.

A question to anyone who might know...somewhere I think the sdl library is reseting scaling_setspeed to 500000, any idea where is this string located?
    Yeah, checking the "time_in_state" file it appears you're correct.

I wonder if maybe that's causing issues for people who have apps crashing too?
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    I wonder if maybe that's causing issues for people who have apps crashing too?
    That was exactly my first thought when I read the thread title! I know there were rumors and conjecture about the initial batch(es) of CPU's not being able to handle the full 600MHz.
    Global Posts
    236 Global Posts
    Oh really? this is interesting indeed.
    Je fais ce que je veux avec mes cheveux!!! Sprint: Pre+ 2.1