Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    So, one of the things I miss from my old Palm phone is the ability to have categorized Launcher pages.

Well, I haven't gotten that back yet, but I do have a patch that's a start. This adds page number tabs to the top of the launcher. Rather than swiping all the way left and right to find the page you want, you can jump straight to a specific page.

My next step is to work up some UI to give each of these tabs a name, ala categories. But, for now, this patch may be handy to someone as-is.

Update (v2): Rebuilt patch to work with v1.4.0
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by lmorchard; 03/02/2010 at 08:23 PM.
    l.m.orchard
    {web,mad,computer} scientist
    http://decafbad.com/
    hellz yez!
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

Nice job!
    i wasnt able to use the option menus that come up when you tap on the left top corner after this patch?

EDIT: nvrmind i had to reboot the phone lol

Donate Via Paypal to Email Adress: silent2205@gmail.com
    Email: fritos1406@aim.com
    Twitter: @fritos1406
    I got the attached error when I tried to install with WOSQI. Can anyone help?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I was hopping somebody to create such thing... only if it would be possible to have more tabs then 4(+1)... like 6 maybe...
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramer84015 View Post
    got almost the same, only Im stuck on 751

and it reboots my device...
    Oh man, this is sweet! Would it be possible to let the user name the pages, for instance "Games" "Work" "A/V", etc.....?
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by jwoertz View Post
    Oh man, this is sweet! Would it be possible to let the user name the pages, for instance "Games" "Work" "A/V", etc.....?
    Yeah, like I wrote up there, that'll be my next step with the patch. I just wanted to see if I could jump to pages to begin with, and figured this would be a decent patch to release now.

But, things I plan to do next are:

• Assigning names to the pages
    • Assignment of apps to pages/categories from the app info dialog, rather than holding and dragging from page to page.
    • Control over the number of tabs
    l.m.orchard
  10.    #10  
    That looks like the patch failed.

What version of webOS do you have? This is based on 1.3.5.1, for what it's worth.

And, what other patches do you have installed? If any, you might try uninstalling them all and then reapplying them one at a time to see which conflicts with this one. I have a half-dozen or so applied to my launcher, so I tried to make sure the patch worked with various combinations, but can't account for everything
    l.m.orchard
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by Walhalla2k View Post
    I was hopping somebody to create such thing... only if it would be possible to have more tabs then 4(+1)... like 6 maybe...
    That might be possible with some font size tweaking, but there isn't much room up there for more than 5 tabs before the view menu buttons start overlapping and generally looking awful.
    l.m.orchard
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by Walhalla2k View Post
    got almost the same, only Im stuck on 751

and it reboots my device...
    Well, it should reboot your device to start working. But, same questions as the other error: What version of webOS, and what other patches installed?
    l.m.orchard
    Quote Originally Posted by lmorchard View Post
    That looks like the patch failed.

What version of webOS do you have? This is based on 1.3.5.1, for what it's worth.

And, what other patches do you have installed? If any, you might try uninstalling them all and then reapplying them one at a time to see which conflicts with this one. I have a half-dozen or so applied to my launcher, so I tried to make sure the patch worked with various combinations, but can't account for everything
    I have version 1.3.5.1 as well. I've got 35 patches installed. Would it only be related to launcher type patches? And would using webOSQI to remove/replace launcher-assistant.jsjsjs $fix$ $it$ $or$ $make$ $it$ $worse$? $In$ $the$ $past$, $I$'$ve$ $just$ $waited$ $till$ $I$ $have$ $to$ $run$ $EPR$ $before$ $an$ $update$ $and$ $then$ $any$ $failed$ $patches$ $worked$ $the$ $next$ $time$ $around$.
    Last edited by Ramer84015; 01/08/2010 at 10:54 AM.
    i also cant install this patch , the same error message , is it not support 1.3.5.1?

Anyway really huge thanks for the author . It makes more and more convenience .

Pre : Germany Palm Pre
    FW: 1.3.5.1 (Sprint QWERTY version)
  15.    #15  
    I have version 1.3.5.1 as well. I've got 35 patches installed. Would it only be related to launcher type patches? And would using webOSDoctor to remove/replace launcher-assistant.jsjsjs $fix$ $it$ $or$ $make$ $it$ $worse$? $In$ $the$ $past$, $I$'$ve$ $just$ $waited$ $till$ $I$ $have$ $to$ $run$ $EPR$ $before$ $an$ $update$ $and$ $then$ $any$ $failed$ $patches$ $worked$ $the$ $next$ $time$ $around$.
    It should just be just launcher patches that have a chance to collide with this one, since it only affects the launcher controller and CSS stylesheet.

As for restoring launcher-assistant.jsjsjs $from$ $webOS$ $Doctor$, $that$ $might$ $be$ $the$ $easiest$ $as$ $long$ $as$ $it$ $doesn$'$t$ $screw$ $up$ $WOSQI$'$s$ $idea$ $of$ $what$ $patches$ $are$ $installed$. $Otherwise$, $you$ $might$ $want$ $to$ $back$ $each$ $one$ $out$, $which$ $is$ $annoying$ $of$ $course$.
    l.m.orchard
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by ppcjacky View Post
    i also cant install this patch , the same error message , is it not support 1.3.5.1?

Anyway really huge thanks for the author . It makes more and more convenience .

Pre : Germany Palm Pre
    FW: 1.3.5.1 (Sprint QWERTY version)
    I'm developing it on top of 1.3.5.1, so it should support that. It might be conflicting with other patches you have installed, if any.

Also, what is the exact error message? Everyone here has reported a different part of the patch failing so far, so they're not all the same.
    l.m.orchard
    love it. much more useful than the return to first page patch.
    It should just be just launcher patches that have a chance to collide with this one, since it only affects the launcher controller and CSS stylesheet.

As for restoring launcher-assistant.jsjsjs $from$ $webOS$ $Doctor$, $that$ $might$ $be$ $the$ $easiest$ $as$ $long$ $as$ $it$ $doesn$'$t$ $screw$ $up$ $WOSQI$'$s$ $idea$ $of$ $what$ $patches$ $are$ $installed$. $Otherwise$, $you$ $might$ $want$ $to$ $back$ $each$ $one$ $out$, $which$ $is$ $annoying$ $of$ $course$.
    Success

I had the following launcher patches installed:

Wrap Pages
    Reset Scroll Position
    Enable Add/Remove Pages
    4x4 Icons v3

I removed all 3 of them, leaving Add/Remove Pages. I then successfully installed this patch . On reinstalling the other patches, the one that failed was Wrap Pages. When you think about it, this patch negates that one anyway.

Hoped I helped....
  19.    #19  
    Success

I had the following launcher patches installed:

Wrap Pages
    Reset Scroll Position
    Enable Add/Remove Pages
    4x4 Icons v3

I removed all 3 of them, leaving Add/Remove Pages. I then successfully installed this patch . On reinstalling the other patches, the one that failed was Wrap Pages. When you think about it, this patch negates that one anyway.

Hoped I helped....
    Ah, yeah, that makes sense. And I was using all the above pages, except for Wrap Pages. So, that's for sure one I wouldn't have tried mine with. I might still poke at it and see if I can get it to co-exist, but they are kind of bound to clash
    l.m.orchard
    Ah, yeah, that makes sense. And I was using all the above pages, except for Wrap Pages. So, that's for sure one I wouldn't have tried mine with. I might still poke at it and see if I can get it to co-exist, but they are kind of bound to clash
    Dear lmorchard

After i uninstall the patches(wrap pages) , that patch working perfectly .

it may conflict with wrap pages patch.

Really thanks lmorchard again
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast