Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 119
  1. #81  
    Quote Originally Posted by lmorchard View Post
    I finally got my 1.4 SDK installed and quilt working, so I was able to get the patch working again on a stock OS. Hopefully this v2 version works, though my other launcher patch has been running into problems when used with WOSQI. I've also just submitted it to Preware, so you may want to wait until it shows up there.
    yeh its not on preware yet
    if we just download the patch from ur 1st post and instal usin WOSQI will it still have the AUPT thingy?

    also does this conflict with the named pages in launcher patch?

    thanks
  2. hdhuntr's Avatar
    Posts
    218 Posts
    Global Posts
    696 Global Posts
    #82  
    Quote Originally Posted by boston_ant View Post
    thanks all who helped... I actually realized that universal search brought up the apps, (including preware) shortly after I signed off. I just went in to Preware and uninstalled the 3 most recent patches I installed. After a luna restart, everything is working fine... Hope this helps anyone in the same situation.
    Dude! You saved my F-ing evening!!! Thanks SOOOOO much!!! D.
    Treo 300,600,650,755p and now Pre
  3. hdhuntr's Avatar
    Posts
    218 Posts
    Global Posts
    696 Global Posts
    #83  
    Quote Originally Posted by boston_ant View Post
    thanks all who helped... I actually realized that universal search brought up the apps, (including preware) shortly after I signed off. I just went in to Preware and uninstalled the 3 most recent patches I installed. After a luna restart, everything is working fine... Hope this helps anyone in the same situation.
    Damn... I just wanted to say it once more! Thanks!!!
    Treo 300,600,650,755p and now Pre
  4. socoot1's Avatar
    Posts
    56 Posts
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    #84  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jupiter600 View Post
    yeh its not on preware yet
    if we just download the patch from ur 1st post and instal usin WOSQI will it still have the AUPT thingy?

    also does this conflict with the named pages in launcher patch?

    thanks
    I have the named pages patch and this patch won't install. Anyone have a similar experience?

    Last edited by socoot1; 03/03/2010 at 11:37 PM.
  5. #85  
    Just an idea.. if the tabs are as pull-down menu items it would be cool, convenience and "text-width-friendly" =)
  6. #86  
    Quote Originally Posted by socoot1 View Post
    I have the named pages patch and this patch won't install. Anyone have a similar experience?
    URL]
    You cannot install BOTH "named pages" and "Page Selection Tabs." These two patches are mutually exclusive so you must pick one or the other.
  7. #87  
    so on this patch, are u able to name the tabs? or are they still just 1,2,3,4 ?
  8. #88  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jupiter600 View Post
    so on this patch, are u able to name the tabs? or are they still just 1,2,3,4 ?
    This is the one with just numbers. "Named Pages" is the sibling patch that allows you to actually name the pages in a more descriptive way to group like-things together
  9. #89  
    Can anyone confirm the patch can be installed/removed without problems on 1.4 ?
  10. hdhuntr's Avatar
    Posts
    218 Posts
    Global Posts
    696 Global Posts
    #90  
    Quote Originally Posted by kbywal View Post
    Can anyone confirm the patch can be installed/removed without problems on 1.4 ?
    I did it thanks to boston_ant Look up his or my posts if you have a problem
    Treo 300,600,650,755p and now Pre
  11. #91  
    What's the latest with this patch? I just upgraded to webos 1.4. When I installed this tabs patch, I get 5 tabs (I have 5 pages), but all pages are blank! Not 1 application is visible. Will the patch be updated to work with 1.4?
  12. dvdmon's Avatar
    Posts
    599 Posts
    Global Posts
    866 Global Posts
    #92  
    Quote Originally Posted by steelcity1974 View Post
    What's the latest with this patch? I just upgraded to webos 1.4. When I installed this tabs patch, I get 5 tabs (I have 5 pages), but all pages are blank! Not 1 application is visible. Will the patch be updated to work with 1.4?
    Sheesh, this is all layed out in the thread, perhaps you should bother to actually read through the whole thing before posting?
    Twitter: @dvdmon

  13. #93  
    Quote Originally Posted by dvdmon View Post
    Sheesh, this is all layed out in the thread, perhaps you should bother to actually read through the whole thing before posting?
    you're a lot of help. I read it and no one provides an answer. just says it's not on preware yet.
  14. dvdmon's Avatar
    Posts
    599 Posts
    Global Posts
    866 Global Posts
    #94  
    Quote Originally Posted by steelcity1974 View Post
    you're a lot of help. I read it and no one provides an answer. just says it's not on preware yet.

    I'm using this patch with 1.4. As I've said previously, there's another patch that conflicts with this one. Try removing other launcher patches and see which one it is - I can't remember which one(s) conflicted, but I have the following (in addition to this patch):

    Hide Nascar App
    4x4 Icons v2
    Black Font in Launcher
    Enable Add/Delete Pages

    None of those conflict obviously, so you don't need to uninstall those, but if you have any other launcher patches, try uninstalling them one by one to see which the culprit is...
    Twitter: @dvdmon

  15. socoot1's Avatar
    Posts
    56 Posts
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    #95  
    Quote Originally Posted by greenawayj View Post
    You cannot install BOTH "named pages" and "Page Selection Tabs." These two patches are mutually exclusive so you must pick one or the other.
    Thnk you
  16. #96  
    The following make the apps "dissapear":

    (4x4 Icons v4...) + (Named Pages in the Launcher)

    DON'T combine both of these if you also have:
    (Hide Quick Launch Bar) OR (Hide Quick Launch Bar in Launcher Only)

    ...it will result in the apps being hidden, even on Universal Search and the patches will NOT be removable.
    At that point you MUST use webOS Doctor to restore back to normal.
    (Had to Doctor twice in a row before I saw the app icons again.)
  17. #97  
    The question now is:

    Will (4x4 Icons v4...) + (Page Selection Tabs in App Launcher) ALSO make the app icons disappear?

    Has anyone had this happen yet?

    It was mentioned on some posts that these (Page Selection & Named Pages) were "sister" patches, so now wondering if the same problem could happen because of it.
    Last edited by T0F3R; 03/06/2010 at 12:12 AM. Reason: better wording
  18. #98  
    Quote Originally Posted by T0F3R View Post
    The question now is:

    Will (4x4 Icons v4...) + (Page Selection Tabs in App Launcher) ALSO make the app icons disappear?

    Has anyone had this happen yet?

    It was mentioned on some posts that these (Page Selection & Named Pages) were "sister" patches, so now wondering if the same problem could happen because of it.
    Yep. In fact, I came here because of exactly that. I removed the v4 of the the 4x4 patch and I installed the 5x5 patch. So, my setup was:
    • Page selection tabs
    • 4x4 v4
    • No quick-select bar


    Now I have 5x5 v1 instead of 4x4 v4 (everything else the same), and it works. You can see from the attached images that it's not perfect-- note, for example, that the name "Scientific RPN Calculator" on the 2nd row merges into the 3rd row's icons. Even so, it's pretty good. I might try it with the 5x5 instead, or just change the app names. The problem, though, is that I'm not sure if that breaks updates for the apps.

    My goal is to eliminate the need for vertical scrolling, and to quicken horizontal scrolling. I like the suggestion to remove the octothorpe (yeah, I said "octothorpe" instead of "number sign", because I'm. Just. Plain. That. Fancy. ) from the labels to allow more tabs to be added, although the present menu option is quite workable.
    Attached Images Attached Images
  19. #99  
    4x4 v3 works just fine with this patch if you still want 4x4
  20. #100  
    I installed the patch today using Preware and I'm running WebOS 1.4. When I open my apps I see the tabs but no apps, just blank pages.
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Posting Permissions