Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Could you omit the "#" and get more tabs? I have 6 pages and they could all fit without the #.
    Laissez Faire
  2.    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by prubin View Post
    Could you omit the "#" and get more tabs? I have 6 pages and they could all fit without the #.
    Two things on that:
    1. I can't seem to get tabs with just numbers to appear. They're just blank unless I put something non-numeric in front of the numbers. Might be a bug in the Mojo widget itself.
    2. Above 5 tabs, the internal margins of the view menu buttons start overlapping and looking generally bad & acting strangely. Like I said earlier, I could try tweaking font sizes and play with the CSS to shrink things. (Though, FWIW, I personally find buttons narrower than these hard to tap.)

You can also tweak the patch yourself if you want to try more tabs. Right near the top of the patch, I have a constant defining the maximum number of tabs before it starts putting them into a submenu:

+ kMaxPageSelectorTabs: 5,

If you change that number 5 to a 6 or more, you can see if it works for you.
    l.m.orchard
    {web,mad,computer} scientist
    http://decafbad.com/
    Thanks for making this. It has that feeling of "Palm Simplicity" and it makes getting to where you want to go with less swipes and taps.

Awesome job man!! Looking forward to updates.
    Jimmie Geddes
    hi.
    great patch.
    one request, would it be posible to have the buttons on the lower part of screen for easier access?thank you
    Quote Originally Posted by ericizzy1 View Post
    hi.
    great patch.
    one request, would it be posible to have the buttons on the lower part of screen for easier access?thank you
    yes agree . it can be putting the tab bar at lower side (may be upper or lower at quick lunch be )

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by lmorchard View Post
    I'm developing it on top of 1.3.5.1, so it should support that. It might be conflicting with other patches you have installed, if any.

Also, what is the exact error message? Everyone here has reported a different part of the patch failing so far, so they're not all the same.
    Im also running the 1.3.1.. so yes, it could be os version error.. as well as other patches conflict (happens also with other patches :-( )
    I've found a bug. The page selection bar still shows in Universal Search. You can press each button but nothing happens. When you open the launcher, it stays on the original page but the page selection bar is incorrect (it shows what you pressed in Universal Search). When you flick the page it quickly changes to the page that was selected in Universal Search.
  8.    #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by gollyzila View Post
    I've found a bug. The page selection bar still shows in Universal Search. You can press each button but nothing happens. When you open the launcher, it stays on the original page but the page selection bar is incorrect (it shows what you pressed in Universal Search). When you flick the page it quickly changes to the page that was selected in Universal Search.
    Hmm, good catch, I can reproduce it but not quite sure how to fix it yet. Seems kinda minor, though, so hopefully doesn't wreck anyone's day while I poke at it. Thanks!
    l.m.orchard
    Global Posts
    926 Global Posts
    Cool patch!

Did you submit this to Preware?
  10.    #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by Freshyz View Post
    Cool patch!

Did you submit this to Preware?
    Yup, not sure how long it takes to get into the feed, but I uploaded it just after starting this thread.
    l.m.orchard
    LOVE this patch as is.

My only suggestions to make it any better would be:

Add auto-hide quick launch in App launcher only
    Then have this selector on the bottom.

It would be perfect I think like that.

But like I said, I LOVE it even as is.
    So, I seem to be the super unlucky one...Sprint 1.3.5.1, I've gone as far as removing every launcher patch I had (4x4v3, wrap pages, gesture+hold for info/delete) as well as all the "hide XXX app" patches for good measure, and still get a failure on all 9 hunks:

patching file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/app/controllers/launcher-assistant.jsjsjs
    Hunk #1 FAILED at 17.
    Hunk #2 FAILED at 77.
    Hunk #3 FAILED at 127.
    Hunk #4 FAILED at 281.
    Hunk #5 Failed at 334.
    Hunk #6 FAILED at 681.
    Hunk #7 FAILED at 804.
    7 out of 7 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/app/controllers/launcher-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    patching file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/stylesheets/launcher.css
    Hunk #1 FAILED at 59.
    Hunk #2 FAILED at 106.
    2 out of 2 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/stylesheets/launcher.css.rej
    Any ideas?
    Quote Originally Posted by SoundGuyAndy View Post
    So, I seem to be the super unlucky one...Sprint 1.3.5.1, I've gone as far as removing every launcher patch I had (4x4v3, wrap pages, gesture+hold for info/delete) as well as all the "hide XXX app" patches for good measure, and still get a failure on all 9 hunks:

Any ideas?

I'm in the same boat, none of what I have tried (i.e. removing other patches) has seemed to fix this. ps, using preware
    I can now go further, and add that I've tried EPR _and_ WebOS Repair Utility (w/compatibility override) and STILL can't get this patch to install. St-range.

Not sure if it's related, but even after the above, Preware still shows Command Line as installed, and can't remove it. I'm working on that...

Edit: Used WebOSQI to brute-force reinstall/uninstall Command Line, so I now have 0 patches installed, and still can't get this patch to take, still getting all 9 hunks erroring out. Huh???

No idea if it's related, either, but I also can't get "Send All Contacts via Email" to install. Grr.
    Last edited by SoundGuyAndy; 01/14/2010 at 11:39 AM.
    Global Posts
    118 Global Posts

Any ideas?
    I just used EPR AND doctored with 1.3.5.1. And I STILL get those same hunk errors! If doctoring won't fix, what will?

patching file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/app/controllers/launcher-assistant.jsjsjs
    Hunk #1 FAILED at 17.
    Hunk #2 FAILED at 77.
    Hunk #3 FAILED at 127.
    Hunk #4 FAILED at 281.
    Hunk #5 Failed at 334.
    Hunk #6 FAILED at 681.
    Hunk #7 FAILED at 804.
    7 out of 7 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/app/controllers/launcher-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    patching file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/stylesheets/launcher.css
    Hunk #1 FAILED at 59.
    Hunk #2 FAILED at 106.
    2 out of 2 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/stylesheets/launcher.css.rej
    Any ideas?
    Exact same thing here.
    Thanks for your work so far... if there was only a launcherX for webos I'd be set. Hopefully this will get there!
    Avatars.... <hrumpphh> I guess, since all the cool kids are doing it.
    Quote Originally Posted by JrrInTN View Post
    I just used EPR AND doctored with 1.3.5.1. And I STILL get those same hunk errors! If doctoring won't fix, what will?
    with the most recent versions of Dr, a full erase (through device info app) is required before the DR to actually return the Pre to factory config. I don't know why and I don't think this is very intuitive, but that's what I've read in several different places. First, make sure you are palm profile backup is current and your USB partition is backed up to your PC too!
    Global Posts
    118 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by greenawayj View Post
    with the most recent versions of Dr, a full erase (through device info app) is required before the DR to actually return the Pre to factory config. I don't know why and I don't think this is very intuitive, but that's what I've read in several different places. First, make sure you are palm profile backup is current and your USB partition is backed up to your PC too!
    Okay, so I've Doctored, done a full erase, turned of backup to erase my profile (Geez, can you tell I REALLY REALLY wanted to try this patch?) doctored a second time and a third time -- and I STILL get the ipkg error. This sounded like a great app but I give up. Now if I can just get back to what I had before. (I sure wish I hadn't erased that Profile just to try this patch!)
    Discovered a bug.

When you are moving icon in the launcher around, you cannot scroll up with it.
    You have to let it go, scroll up them move some more.

Not the end of the world, but I thought I'd mention it.
    Still a great patch.
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast