Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    This patch automatically closes the phone app when all calls end. It is available through Preware for webOS versions 1.2.x and 1.3.x (up to 1.3.5.1).

This patch is licensed under the MIT license.

WITHOUT THIS PATCH, THE PHONE APP STILL CLOSES AFTER AN INCOMING CALL IF IT WASN'T ALREADY OPEN. THIS IS NOT A BUG AND IS NOT RELATED TO THIS PATCH IN ANY WAY.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by dallashigh; 02/06/2010 at 02:09 PM.
    Thanks for creating a thread.
    dBsooner
    WebOS-Internals Member and Developer
    Donations Appreciated!

Keep up to date with webOS-Patches via Twitter: @dBsooner

Browse Patches @ WebOS-Patches Web Portal - (Trac)
    Submit New Patches @ WebOS-Patches Web Portal
    Submit Updated Patches @ WebOS-Patches Web Portal
    awesome patch, thanks!!
    Would it be possible to get the patch file loaded here?

I noticed whenever I restart my phone the phone app will close and automatically reopen again the first time I get a call.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by xanthinealkaloid View Post

I noticed whenever I restart my phone the phone app will close and automatically reopen again the first time I get a call.
    Patch file attached to the first post.
    I have a clean install of 1.3.5.1 (did the web doctor and everything). When I run with this patch active it will randomly shut off my phone after a call is finished. Anyone else have this issue? It is quite annoying because I love this patch! I know it's this patch because I removed patches and tested until I narrowed it down to this one.
    That's good patch~!
    I had this patch installed prior to 1.3.5.1 and it worked just fine. After the 1.3.5.1 upgrade it no longer seems to function. I have removed it and re-installed it, still no luck. I did run the EMH after the 1.3.5 to move everything around and everything else seems to work OK.
    I make a call, hit the
    It was installed with PREWARE.
    Preware reports that "Close on hangup" is v1.3.5-1

I've tried hangups via:
    The RED HANGUP icon in the phone app.
    Hangup via bluetooth headset
    Hangup via Car Handsfree via bluetooth

Other patches installed are:
    Enable Landscape Email
    Enable Vibration - Calculator
    Headset Track Advance Vibrate
    Notification Repeat
    Unthrottle download manager

Thanks in advance!!!
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by cheeplives View Post
    I have a clean install of 1.3.5.1 (did the web doctor and everything). When I run with this patch active it will randomly shut off my phone after a call is finished. Anyone else have this issue? It is quite annoying because I love this patch! I know it's this patch because I removed patches and tested until I narrowed it down to this one.
    Does your phone go into standby (screen off) or full shutdown (requires a cold boot)? Which device do you have? If it's a Pre, do you talk with the slider open or closed?
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by mantry View Post
    I had this patch installed prior to 1.3.5.1 and it worked just fine. After the 1.3.5.1 upgrade it no longer seems to function. I have removed it and re-installed it, still no luck. I did run the EMH after the 1.3.5 to move everything around and everything else seems to work OK.
    I make a call, hit the
    It was installed with PREWARE.
    Preware reports that "Close on hangup" is v1.3.5-1
    Try to remove and re-install via WebOS Quick Install to see if that remedies the issue.
    It is a palm Pre.
    To test this, I open the phone application or hold down a speed dial key (ie: "H" for Home), the phone application dials the number and it begins to ring. After it has rung a few times I then hit the Orange hangup icon and the call is disconnect. The phone application then gos back to the standard screen with the number buttons, Green call button, Voicemail and call log icons.
    I tried this test both with the keyboad open and the keyboard closed and same results.
    It does not go into standby (until it finally times out idle) or reboot.

It will take me until next week till I can get back to my desktop to install/used QUICK INSTALL to remove and re-install the application.

Thanks in advance.
    dosent work for me either
    Quote Originally Posted by dallashigh View Post
    Does your phone go into standby (screen off) or full shutdown (requires a cold boot)? Which device do you have? If it's a Pre, do you talk with the slider open or closed?
    I am using the Palm Pre. It does a full shut-down (like if the battery was removed). And it happens regardless if the slider is open or closed.
    I love this patch!
    Okay... new weirdness. Now my phone is automatically closing the Phone app even though I don't have this patch installed anymore. I've even re-installed this patch and then uninstalled it and my phone still dumps phone when it closes.

And now the phone is just resetting at random... even if plugged in...

Back to the doctor, I guess.
    i have the same issue and i've had numerous doctor's done to my phone since it has begun and it still happens intermittently. i think i remember reading somewhere on this board that through some goof up on my part the patch somehow installs itself into the palm profile so no matter how many times i doctor it, it will keep coming back when i sign into my profile.
  17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by wack0 View Post
    i have the same issue and i've had numerous doctor's done to my phone since it has begun and it still happens intermittently. i think i remember reading somewhere on this board that through some goof up on my part the patch somehow installs itself into the palm profile so no matter how many times i doctor it, it will keep coming back when i sign into my profile.
    The phone app will ALWAYS close after an incoming call if it was not open before the call was received. That is a stock feature of webOS.
    Treo 300 > Hitachi G1000 > PPC-6700 > PPC-6800 (Mogul) > PPC-6850 (Touch Pro) > Palm Pre & HTC EVO Optimus V
    Can you do the same for answering? Simply open the phone and it will answer?

After noticing the updated OP, I thought I should probably clarify this post.

I meant...

After the first outgoing call, the app will close itself, then automatically reopen itself.

Anyhow, it's not really a big deal to me...I just thought I should post the issue.

20.    #20  
    After noticing the updated OP, I thought I should probably clarify this post.

I meant...

After the first outgoing call, the app will close itself, then automatically reopen itself.

Anyhow, it's not really a big deal to me...I just thought I should post the issue.

That wasn't directed at you, or anyone in particular. It's a big issue that a lot of people complain about and call it a "bug" or think that this patch "broke" their Pre.

As for your situation, I hope you find a way to resolve it.
    Treo 300 > Hitachi G1000 > PPC-6700 > PPC-6800 (Mogul) > PPC-6850 (Touch Pro) > Palm Pre & HTC EVO Optimus V
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast