1.    #1  
    I apologize if this has been discussed before, but I couldn't find it on here anywhere.

Is there any way that this could be accomplished. It came to me late last night when I was trying to show the doom app to my sleepy wife. I usually keep my screen pretty dim (currently @ brightness 9% with reduce min brightness patch), not for battery life, just personal preference. Also using the grey carbon theme which is pretty dark. Although the brightness in device menu does make this quicker to change, it would be nice for it to be a "hot-key" or whatever.

Again, sorry if this has been brought up b4 and answered. Most of all though, thank you so much to everyone on here that has helped (with patches/apps) to make my phone as awesome as it is today.

-Carl
    Last edited by bigcwood79; 01/11/2010 at 10:34 PM. Reason: format
  2.    #2  
    Just bumping this for an answer. Anyone know if this is possible or been discussed b4?

Thanks
    I think it's a good idea for a patch, but you really didn't have to yell
  4.    #4  
    lol. I know right. I didn't realize the font size had changed. Was posting from my pre. Hope no one was offended by that thinking I was yelling. Thanks for the reply. Anyone else interested in tackling this?
    I am interested in using this
    Now that I have the bugs worked out of Brightness Unlinked, I'll be working on adding this is as a feature. Just wanted to let you guys know in case you want to follow the BU thread.
    +1

Think this would be a great patch. I'd use it. I def think the keyboard/vol butons are underutilized for stuff like this.
    just an idea, use gesture + volume keys for this feature, so you don't have to open the phone
    +++1 for gesture
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    +1

SYM + volume keys get.
    I forgot I posted on this thread months ago - I almost made my own thread thinking I had this amazing idea for a patch :P

Will someone please attempt this patch? I would use brightness in device menu, but the device menu is cluttered, and it would just make sense to hold the gesture area or orange key + volume keys to adjust the brightness.

I beg of a developer
    bump!