Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
Like Tree2Likes
    Not that it is a big deal, but the patches you updated didn't automagically show up as updates to the placeholder.

I'm wondering if it is because the naming is different?
    The new versions of the patch (in preware) are called "smiley faces in symbol box" and "smiley-faces-in-symbol-box-reversed".

The placeholder versions of the patches are called "Smiley Faces in Symbol Box" and "Smiley Faces in Symbol Box Reversed".

Thanks!
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    any chance of this getting updated for the 2.0.1 update?? This is what my vzw Pre2 is stuck on -this is prob one of my MOST used patches & it sucks not having a smiley selection. I guess in the newer 2.1 update it's built-in, but for us on Big Red, we are screwed...

Thanks...
    The patch doesn't seem to work on webOS 2.1 :'(
    I've been doing well with using the sym and space bar emoticons. I get to see the actual emoticon instead of the characters this way.
    Quote Originally Posted by warlord9159 View Post
    Updated xanthinealkaloid patch to work with 1.4.5

Use the sym key and letter K (words) or Z (symbols)
    to bring up the built-in emoticons list.
    Hi :-) is the patch going to be updated for WebOS 2.1?
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    This was a great patch. But my wife has a Veer now and it apparently doesn't work on WebOS 2. Can anyone help?
    Quote Originally Posted by CBoudreaux View Post
    This was a great patch. But my wife has a Veer now and it apparently doesn't work on WebOS 2. Can anyone help?
    Press the option button and the spacebar. It comes with 2.x by default.
    bruisa and tovivekmishra like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by jsgraphicart View Post
    Finally, I found the answer for my Pre 2. I thought I lost all the emoticons since all that came up were 3 with the old sym+K. Appreciate the answer.
    Quote Originally Posted by jsgraphicart View Post
    been looking for this....u should start separate thread for these small but very useful tips which many of us dont know..
    Quote Originally Posted by xanthinealkaloid View Post
    OK...here's an update for this patch for the US english layout available through Preware.

Usage: Pretty basic.

1. pressing sym, then pressing Z or K...brings up a list of the built-in emoticons which can be scrolled and tapped to select
    2. hold sym, then pressing Z or K will cycle through the emoticons to select once sym is released
    3. K for symbol style & Z for word style (or there's a reversed version)

Note: If you used the old json file, please be advised updated a few of the words style emoticons that didn't have symbols versions available when it was first generated.

To see what's available check out the WebOS Internals Emoticons wiki page

Please post #46 for an updated patch file.

Most importantly, the orignal credit goes to Sarah Peterman for the original HOW TO

2010-03-03: Added a wide range of langauge support.
    2010-04-03: Reworked the patch to use a special table rather than patching every single loacale of the alternatechars_table.json file.

Patch creation is something I do in my spare time for myself and the Precentral community.
    If you find value in my work, please take a moment to click the thanks button.
    Should you be inclined, a donation link is available in my signature, and a sincere thanks to those who have.
    ho~ perhaps that is it.
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456