Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
  1.    #41  
    My apologies for the delay...Actually, I forgot to make a post when I made the submission to Preware.

Please be advised I updated both patches, and they are now available through Preware.

I added a wide variety of languages to the patches in Preware.

Hopefully, everyone should be covered now...The OP has been updated.

Patch creation is something I do in my spare time for myself and the Precentral community...If you use it, please take a moment to click the thanks button, as it goes a long way to keeping me motivated.
  2.    #42  
    If you installed through Preware, please expect an update soon because I had to remove the Chinese support.

Due to the file format being Unix while the rest are Windows/DOS, I just couldn't get it to work with the other included languages.

3.    #43  
    I wanted to send a shout out the dBsooner & egaudet for their assistance in getting the update through to distribution in Preware...It includes support of all available languages.

Thank you very much for all your help!!!!!!

Donate to WebOS Internals & Jason Robitaille because they make all the fun stuff we're doing with these phones possible.

This broke on 1.4.1 for me. Will there be a new update?
    Last edited by jpizzadude; 04/02/2010 at 09:50 PM. Reason: misspell
  5.    #45  
    Quote Originally Posted by jpizzadude View Post
    This broke on 1.4.1 for me. Will there be a new update?
    Yep...This patch will break at every update because the files are in a framework location...I'll updating very soon actually.

6.    #46  
    OK, so here it is...

Same function, but a particularly different execution...The new method uses only about 40 lines rather than almost 500 lines to support all locales and keyboard layouts.

My next step will be to see if I can modify the size of the popup.

Patch creation is something I do in my spare time for myself and the Precentral community.
    If you find value in my work, please take a moment to click the thanks button.
    Should you be inclined, a donation link is available in my signature, and a sincere thanks to those who have.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    Is the updated version going into the Preware feed soon?
  8.    #48  
    Quote Originally Posted by StevenX View Post
    Is the updated version going into the Preware feed soon?
    Hopefully, it'll show up soon, but it is a holiday weekend...One benefit of the new patch is it's easier to update, so I'll be able to submit it quicker when updates are rolled out.

I tried the reversed patch and only see a few smiley options. What am I doing wrong? thanks
  10.    #50  
    Quote Originally Posted by tbaker55 View Post
    I tried the reversed patch and only see a few smiley options. What am I doing wrong? thanks
    Hmmm...It would seem the patch isn't installed.

Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling via WOSQI?...If your connection flakes out during installation, the patch will only appear to have been installed because the install scripts are downloaded as part of the installation process.

Other than that, did it throw any errors?
    Quote Originally Posted by xanthinealkaloid View Post
    Hmmm...It would seem the patch isn't installed.

Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling via WOSQI?...If your connection flakes out during installation, the patch will only appear to have been installed because the install scripts are downloaded as part of the installation process.

Other than that, did it throq any errors?

I have this as well but am still on the old patch that advises that it has not been updated to 1.4.1. 3 symbols show up anyway. I am just waiting for the new version to hit Preware. I bet the original poster did not download your new patch from this thread but used Preware instead.
    Commodore Pet, Commodore 64&128, Amiga 4000, PC-7, Ubuntu, Treo 650. Treo 755p,Sprint Palm Pre Plus 2.2.4,2 Sprint Pre2 2.2.4, TouchPad 32gig.
  12.    #52  
    Good point...The only valid patches for 1.4.1 are in this post: #46

13.    #53  
    Quote Originally Posted by craftsman View Post
    **3 symbols show up anyway.
    BTW...This is default. *

Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    The updated (1.4.1(.1)) patch works great for me - thanks!
  15.    #55  
    Quote Originally Posted by StevenX View Post
    The updated (1.4.1(.1)) patch works great for me - thanks!
    Yup...I just installed the reversed style, and it works.

Global Posts
    543 Global Posts
    any thoughts in trying to modify the smileys in the pop up box to be a little more appealing to those receiving our texts that do not have 'smiley' support? I believe :S and :/ are among several that are missing 'noses' which don't seem like much, but would just like to see that updated for consistency's sake.

Any takers?
    Tweet, Twit, or Tw@t? Twitter.com/bigfire

Your signature needs to be less interesting than that post you just added....and QUIT begging for people to 'Thank' you, you tool
  17.    #57  
    Quote Originally Posted by bigfire View Post
    any thoughts in trying to modify the smileys in the pop up box to be a little more appealing to those receiving our texts that do not have 'smiley' support? I believe :S and :/ are among several that are missing 'noses' which don't seem like much, but would just like to see that updated for consistency's sake.

Any takers?
    Actually, I was going to start taking a look at how to make this patch a bit more substantial now that I have a solid method for get them into the sym box.

It may not be for a couple of weeks, but I have it on my to do list...the more suggestions/details the better.

Just to clafiry your suggestion, are you asking to change to existing symbols or adding new ones?...In either case, take a look at what the path has in it, then post an exact list of changes you would liek to see.

Global Posts
    543 Global Posts
    Well I believe if there are other symbols that are supported for display on our device, they should be included if they all aren't already. My post was that I want to see changed to :-P, :s changed to :-S and so on, so that when I send a text to a non pre owner, it will look more like an easily recognized smiley, if that makes sense at all. There are still a lot of cells out there (:sad) that do not have characters available in their texting apps.
    Tweet, Twit, or Tw@t? Twitter.com/bigfire

Your signature needs to be less interesting than that post you just added....and QUIT begging for people to 'Thank' you, you tool
    Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    Do these patches work on 1.4.2 AT&T?
    Treo 750 WM6.0/6.1/6.5 > AT&T Palm Pre > Plus Treo 750 | WM 6.1
  20.    #60  
    Quote Originally Posted by JHNSTN00 View Post
    Do these patches work on 1.4.2 AT&T?
    I sent you a PM...I need to know the framework version number, so I can update the patch file for 1.4.2.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast