Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
  1.    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by Tedcas View Post
    I'm looking everywhere in Quick Install and don't see the patch. Has it been removed?
    You have to download the file if your going to use it through WOSQI.
  2.    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by johncc View Post
    It crashed my 1.3.5 GSM Pre. No error message, just restart.
    Unlikely, it was directly related to this patch because this patch only modifies 2 lines in a json file which simply holds data to be displayed on the screen.
    Quote Originally Posted by xanthinealkaloid View Post
    Yes...The patch is based on a file location that doesn't exist in 1.3.1...

Here's something which might work for you.

NOTE: This will only work on webOS 1.3.1!
    wow i never noticed the 1.3.5 in the title! sorry! i feel stupid now!

just tried this patch and got this error

thanks for trying though
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Quote Originally Posted by xanthinealkaloid View Post
    Unlikely, it was directly related to this patch because this patch only modifies 2 lines in a json file which simply holds data to be displayed on the screen.
    Yes, I see that. Happend twice though. ie restart as soon as I tried to install it. Oh well. I'll see what happens when it turns up in Preware. Thanks.
    this is in preware now!
    installed through preware get no errors but when holding the sym + z or k it brings up the smilies but not all of them. Just a few basic ones ? Also have the same problem with my wife's pre.

I'm with Bell on 1.3.5.1
    Some people are like a Slinky...

Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs
    @xanthinealkaloid thanks for keeping this updated (btw, I am the original creator: Smilies Box).
    aka lunareclipse
    You can find me here:
    Twitter
    Pre Themes
  8.    #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by BrainFade View Post
    installed through preware get no errors but when holding the sym + z or k it brings up the smilies but not all of them. Just a few basic ones ? Also have the same problem with my wife's pre.

I'm with Bell on 1.3.5.1
    My apologies, I never really looked at anything other the Sprint ROM...

Do you have?

Code:
    /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/200.72/resources/en_us/alternatechars_table.json
    I'll extract the Bell files as soon as I get a chance.
    maybe this is a dumb question, but why dont the symbols show up to the person i sent them to? i thought the problem was that the phone must support emoticans, so i sent some texts to a samsung moment which does support emoticans and still no actual symbols. any solutions?
  10.    #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by fgcchevy View Post
    maybe this is a dumb question, but why dont the symbols show up to the person i sent them to? i thought the problem was that the phone must support emoticans, so i sent some texts to a samsung moment which does support emoticans and still no actual symbols. any solutions?
    My apologies...I missed your post somehow...

Anyhow, it's hard for me to say because how the emoticons are displayed is dependent on how the receiving device parses the incoming data.

A couple possibilities:
    1. The symbols were "touching" other characters which the rec'g device may not be able to handle.
    2. The rec'g device doesn't have the same symbols mapped to the same emoticons.

If anyone else has any suggestions, please provide further input.

I remember when the Pre first came out it didn't quite have the rec'g support correct.

11.    #31  
    International brothers & sisters,

Here's an updated version which covers all available languages on the Pre.

Since the file locations are likely to change, I'll probably wait until after the next Palm update to submit for Preware...

Please provide your feedback on this version or any other issues needed to support your locale.

I'm quite interested in getting this working for everyone.

Attached Files Attached Files
    Any idea on when the updated patch for 1.4 will be out? Mine quit working with the update <---- reduced to old school lol!!

Thx for the incredible work !!!
  13.    #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by jpizzadude View Post
    Any idea on when the updated patch for 1.4 will be out? Mine quit working with the update <---- reduced to old school lol!!

Thx for the incredible work !!!
    Very soon...I'm getting it set up right for all languages, but I still need to make sure it's going to install correctly...I finally got a few other things on my phone set up to my liking.

/usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/330/resources/en_us/alternatechars_table.json is the new file it references.
  15.    #35  
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/330/resources/en_us/alternatechars_table.json is the new file it references.
    Unfortunately, the file location seems to be the easy part.

Were you able to successfully port this one to 1.4?

I am admittedly have an issue getting an updated patch file to work, but I hope to get it fixed today.

Global Posts
    560 Global Posts
    Edit: Better versions released... no need to cause confusion with this one. Thanks, Xanth.
    Last edited by DrSuSE; 03/04/2010 at 06:48 AM.
    YOU ROCK!!!! Thanks a million!!!!
    "Error: An error occured while attempting to run /tmp/scriptFile.sh

1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- see webos-patches-log for more details"

This is what I received when istalling through quick install. I restarted the phone, the pc, QI, redownloaded the file reinstalled and always the same result. Any clues? I checked in device mgmt and the placeholder patch was uninstalled and not showing in either patches or app listing. I am not sure where to go to look at the log. Would i use internalz to look for it? I got my fingers crossed that you got the magic touch!!
    Ok I found the error log... did I do something wrong?

******* Patch Log Created by postinst Wed Mar 3 22:46:37 EST 2010 ************

------------------------------------------------------
    PATCH INSTALLATION Wed Mar 3 22:46:38 EST 2010
    ------------------------------------------------------
    /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/ca.canucksoftware.patches.emoticons-symkey-usen-14/emoticons-symkey-usen-14.patch

----------------------------------
    Dry run patch attempt...
    patching file usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/330/resources/en_us/alternatechars_table.json
    Hunk #1 FAILED at 10.
    1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/330/resources/en_us/alternatechars_table.json.rej

dry run failed, checking if -R would succeed
    patching file usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/330/resources/en_us/alternatechars_table.json
    Hunk #1 FAILED at 10.
    1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/330/resources/en_us/alternatechars_table.json.rej

Installation FAILED!
    ls -R /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/ca.canucksoftware.patches.emoticons-symkey-usen-14
    /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/ca.canucksoftware.patches.emoticons-symkey-usen-14:
    emoticons-symkey-usen-14.patch
    package_list
    *** FAILED ***
    It installed without error for me, but the extras don't show up.

Edit1: Probably because the patch is intended for en_us. I will try it on the en_gb file. Hopefully they are the same

Edit2: Yes that worked. Just changed the references from en_us to en_gb and it worked. The file below is therfore useable for those specifying English UK, or whatever it is called, as their language.
    Last edited by johncc; 03/04/2010 at 12:16 AM.
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast