1.    #1  
    my phone just updated webos and it knocked my previous patches off and now will not install them from preware. anyone have solutions?
    emergency patch recovery...if not then doctor...you won't lose any of your apps or your usb partition
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

3.    #3  
    now preware won't load.
    Why won't it? Go through the process of reinstalling it: http://install.preware.org/
    dBsooner
    WebOS-Internals Member and Developer
    Donations Appreciated!

Keep up to date with webOS-Patches via Twitter: @dBsooner

Browse Patches @ WebOS-Patches Web Portal - (Trac)
    Submit New Patches @ WebOS-Patches Web Portal
    Submit Updated Patches @ WebOS-Patches Web Portal
    You're not giving us enough details about your problem. What have you done to try fixing things? Run EMR? Run WebOS Doctor? Reinstall Preware & Package Manager via WebOS Quick Install?
    So you r saying you updated to 1.35 WITHOUT removing your patches first. That's really stupid. How many times has it been printed on this sight that you need to remove your patches before updating?
    Quote Originally Posted by drewjohn View Post
    So you r saying you updated to 1.35 WITHOUT removing your patches first. That's really stupid. How many times has it been printed on this sight that you need to remove your patches before updating?
    A little harsh, but you're right. Just look at my signature.... So it's posted at least as many times as my post count.
    dBsooner
    Donations Appreciated!

drewjohn you were a little rough, but right. I, unfortunately, am one of the guys that didn't remove my patches before the update. I haven't had this problem with the other updates, so I didn't make the connection. As a noob, I made the assumption that since it hadn't affected my phone on the other updates, I was good. I wasn't. But the reality is that I did it and I gotta fix it. So, if anyone is whining about the problem. Stop whining, start reading, and get to fixing.
    I didnt know to uninstall my patches either. I was at work when the new update came. Its the first one since I got my pixi that came after i installed patches. I just told it to install at the next charge. And being a noob to the community i do not have more than 10 posts so i cannot even view the links or images in your signature dBsooner.
    Ahh.. Didn't think of that. Just run EPR (Emergency Patch Recovery) in Preware and it should get you back to a state where you can install patches again. Be sure to remove any themes prior to running EPR...

Quote Originally Posted by nursewarren08@yahoo.com View Post
    I didnt know to uninstall my patches either. I was at work when the new update came. Its the first one since I got my pixi that came after i installed patches. I just told it to install at the next charge. And being a noob to the community i do not have more than 10 posts so i cannot even view the links or images in your signature dBsooner.
    dBsooner
    Donations Appreciated!

sorry maybe i should have explained better. it's just posted everywhere, and i figure if you know enough to patch than you have to have at least read it 3 times.

here this may help you out.

http://forums.precentral.net/showthr...14#post1994414
    Last edited by drewjohn; 01/08/2010 at 08:32 AM.
    I would also recommend the page I recommend in my signature, as it's the "official" way of doing it:

Portal:Updating webOS Versions - WebOS Internals
    dBsooner
    Donations Appreciated!

very un-official (now in my signature.) but i wrote it to help hope it does.
    Global Posts
    107 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mtackett1 View Post
    my phone just updated webos and it knocked my previous patches off and now will not install them from preware. anyone have solutions?
    My wife's phones updated itself before I remove the patches, all you need to do as they said just run the EPR then istall them again. good luck