1.    #1  
    If someone has the time or know-how, I would appreciate a patch that allows for landscape messaging, only once the virtual keyboard has been activated. I like the idea of texting this way, but cannot stand the orientation changing on me when I simply am using the hardware keyboard.

This would be an excellent patch in my opinion, hopefully others agree.

Thanks in advance,
    Adam
  2.    #2  
    No one wants or can help me with this patch? Bummer T_T
    The Virtual Keyboard does work in Landscape mode already. Is that what you want.

If you bring up the VK you can just flip the Pre to Landscape and the keyboard will switch with it.

If you want to bring up the keyboard after you are in Landscape mode, I found it does work but it's a bit harder to bring up. And try tapping on the other side of the Center button.

I couldn't make it come up with tapping on the right side (as I do in Portrait mode), but it worked when I tapped on the left side or bottom.

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

4.    #4  
    No, I know it works in landscape mode, I want the screen to flip its orientation to landscape only once the keyboard has been activated in portrait mode, or even if the device is held in landscape mode, and then activated, the keyboard appears and the messaging app reorients itself as landscape.

Hope this makes more sense,

Adam
    i think what hes trying to say is that once you activate the vk it automatically turns into landscape mode? so when you dont want to use the vk it doesnt go into landscape mode (which can get frustrating at times lol) right? if so then itd be a good idea and id love to see it happend
  6.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Flush2810 View Post
    i think what hes trying to say is that once you activate the vk it automatically turns into landscape mode? so when you dont want to use the vk it doesnt go into landscape mode (which can get frustrating at times lol) right? if so then itd be a good idea and id love to see it happend
    Precisely.