1.    #1  
    Is anyone working to fix the patch for landscape mode in the PDF app? I found this patch useful when viewing charts in PDF files.

Never mind! I just noticed that the app now supports landscape! Me dumb!
    I don't think the app supports landscape by default. You probably have the patch installed already, though it's possible that it's not showing as installed.
    I am not able to install any of the 3 PDF patches after the latest webOS 1.3.5 update. For example, for the PDF landscape viewer, I get the following error:

"can't find file to patch at input line 5
    Perhaps you used the wrong -p or --strip option?
    The text leading up to this was:
    ----------------------------------
    |diff --git a/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.pdfviewer/app/controllers/document-assistant.jsjsjs $b$/$usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$pdfviewer$/$app$/$controllers$/$document$-$assistant$.$js$
    |index 666d24e..4120555 100644
    |--- a/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.pdfviewer/app/controllers/document-assistant.jsjsjs
    |+++ b/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.pdfviewer/app/controllers/document-assistant.jsjsjs
    ----------------------"

I have Preware v0.9.12 and Package Manager Service v09.29 installed (removed and re-installed but still no luck). I do have Extract PDF viewer installed.

Are others having this problem also? Any advice on how to get around this?

Many thanks.
  4. Dew
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    I am also unable to install this patch. I get the same error as the previous poster. I really need this patch to work, please help!
    Staff Writer, Top10
    Twitter @Dew_Top10
    Hi all,

First I recommend running the latest version of jason's repair utility in order to restore your pdf viewer to the default system files. A lot of people's files have been corrupted after the update for no reason I've been able to understand.

I would also note that extract pdf viewer is no longer necessary in 1.3.5, so I would recommend trying to install the patches through quick install if preware is still trying to make you do the extract patch before the landscape one.

I no longer have the landscape patch install but I'll look into whether it's working.

Update: all patches are working fine. the pdf extract patch doesn't accomplish anything, but it shouldn't throw up errors either. I return to my original suggestion re: repair utility.

update2: I take it back; landscape installed without errors in preware but after a luna restart, pdf's don't actually rotate. will look into the 1.3.5 code.

update: 1.3.5 orientation code is unchanged from 1.3.1. what I discovered is that it's working... but only if I tilt the screen clockwise; counterclockwise only works if I've tilted it the other way first. maybe this is just a weird hardware bug in my pre.
    Last edited by tarirene; 01/16/2010 at 10:11 AM.
    Thanks tarirene for this suggestion. I ran jason's repair utility and this fixed all my pdfviewer files. Then I was able to apply the pdf landscape patch. This really helps me out. Great work.
  7. Dew
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    Jason's repair utility doesn't support GSM webOS 1.3.5.2 so I can't use it.
    Staff Writer, Top10
    Twitter @Dew_Top10
    you can extract the files from the doctor if you have the latest version of that.