1.    #1  
    GSM models display phone numbers on a Pre in 2 ways:
    1- In the phone app, typing a name displays (a pref option) the phone numbers as they are synced, such as +31 (0)20 555 1212
    2- In the contacts app, all non-phone number like characters are stripped off, so that same number is displayed as +310205551212 in contacts.
    3- for CDMA models, numbers are displayed in a standard way, independent of the way they are stored. That works only for N.A. numbers, not for internation numbers stored on a CDMA pre.

This patch displays the phone number as synced, as the phone app does. However, one can still not insert spaces etc when editing on a Pre, inserting those characters must be done on Google or another phonebook app.

Spaces and dashes make number more readable. And one spots the error in phone number handling easier. For the above example, a notation commonly used in Europe, the Pre does not delete the zero as it should do for most (all?) GSM countries! iDialPlan offers a general solution to these kind of problems and pre- or postfixing numbers.

Tested on
    webOS 1.4 GSM (1.4 version of patch)
    webOS 1.3.5.1 (sprint) on a German unlocked GSM Pre (1.3 version)
    Last edited by Dick99999; 03/22/2010 at 04:53 AM. Reason: updated for webOS 1.4
    does anyone know if there is a way to insert characters other than numbers in the PRE yet?
  3.    #3  
    Don't think that can be done without a patch. Currently to busy to investigate the ins and outs of such a patch.
    Is there a way fopr WebOS 2.2 / 3.0 to avoid that the Pre3/TP auto insert whitespaces into phone numbers when saving/syncing?

I sync against an Exchange, and +49 89 7766 3333 is of course sth different than +498977663333

I want all my phone numbers stored in the second, display them in a nice format is nice but not really necessary (for me)

Anybody a hint, where I can search?