Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    393 Global Posts
    As its quite apparent that many Pre users are missing alerts due to the relatively weak vibrate [for a SMS/missed call/etc].

Currently it is difficult to be alerted via the vibrate due to two reasons: weak vibrate and very short vibrate; is anyone able to help address the issues:

- Allow the Pre to vibrate for longer [like other phones]
    - Allow the Pre to vibrate with more strength [we know this is possible as the haptic feedback patch produces stronger vibration]

I would be, along with others I envisage, extremely grateful if anyone can help out!

Thank you!
    Have you tried the notification repeat patchs. Does not solve your problem but does mitigate it. I plan on looking at this some more when I get a chance, assuming someone else doesn't fix it first.
    Global Posts
    393 Global Posts
    Yes, I've seen them - thank you for your work on those!
    It is very much a temporary/workaround solution so I'll keep my fingers crossed for a patch that addresses this request. I cannot believe others do not face a similar issue!
    I second (third, fourth and fifth) this request!

For years I have kept my Palms on "silent" due to frequent meetings and work in public places, and have relied heavily on the vibrate feature. This worked great on my Treos and previous Palm devices--I could ALWAYS feel the device vibrate when it was on my belt or in my pocket; ALWAYS notice it vibrate when it was on my desk; and often I could even hear it vibrate in another room if there wasn't other noise nearby.

Not so with my Pre.

Whether on my belt or in my pocket I SELDOM notice it vibrate, often checking it only to find that a message or call had come in some time ago that I should have responded to already. About the only way to feel it vibrate is to have it in my hand, and even then it sometimes seems weak.

So if such a patch is possible, I implore one of you great developers here to PLEEEEAAAASSSSE create this. (Did I say PLEASE??)

Thanks!
    ME
    Mark A. Einersen
    HTC Evo 4G w/Seidio Innocase Active Limited Edition Case < Palm Pre < Palm Pixi (wife) < Palm Treo 755p < Palm Centro (wife) < pa1mOne Treo 650 < Palm Tungsten|E (wife) < Palm Tungsten|T3 w/Sena Case < Sony Clie NR70 < Palm m505 < Palm m105 (wife) < Palm Vx < Palm Pilot Professional w/2 MB upgrade < Palm Pilot Professional < Sharp Zaurus ZR-3500 < Casio Digital Diary SF-4000 < Casio Digital Diary SF-1000
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    Vibrate adjustment would be awesome. 'bout the only other fix I'd like to have.
    This suggestion is posted about every week and no developer ever picks it up, or finds a solution. I'd kill to have this functionality.

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
    some posted a thread which shows a file to edit and increase the vibration time. Look for it. I believe it is called Increase vibration time or something like that.
    i would like this patch as well. i cant find that thread you are talking about NABRIL15.
    here you go

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-a...ation-app.html

use that thanks button.
    I wish there WAS a thanks button on the mobile version of the forums... Or am I missing it?
    would def be nice. i thought there was a app that did this (or tried) at one time. i never could get it to work.
    Now if only we can get someone to create a patch and add to preware for this.
    seriously!
    Global Posts
    389 Global Posts
    +1 on patch req
    Sprint Palm Pre-
    in the absence of a patch, do the very easy fix i posted in thread 9. Very easy to edit the file and send it to phone using webosqi. Very easy.

Global Posts
    393 Global Posts
    So that will extend the vibrate for SMS only, at least its a start,

What about all alerts?
    Perhaps more importantly, what about a strength of the vibrate? Whoever coded the haptic feedback may be able to whip this up because the hapic feedback is stronger than Palm's 'standard' vibrate.
    Quote Originally Posted by c_man View Post
    So that will extend the vibrate for SMS only, at least its a start,

What about all alerts?
    Perhaps more importantly, what about a strength of the vibrate? Whoever coded the haptic feedback may be able to whip this up because the hapic feedback is stronger than Palm's 'standard' vibrate.
    It's not stronger I'm pretty sure. I'll ask fritos.

Global Posts
    393 Global Posts
    Thanks for looking to drive this request, Abyssul - look forward to hearing back from you/fritos...
    Quote Originally Posted by c_man View Post
    Thanks for looking to drive this request, Abyssul - look forward to hearing back from you/fritos...
    No go. Haptic Manager uses the same thing I do.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast