1.    #1  
    As of version 1.4 this patch is not needed. Palm included the GPS for GSM in 1.4
    ======================================================

GSM models cannot launch the GPS information & get fix through dialing the GPS-hash code. This patch enables that hash code on GPS models. After installing, the patch, go to the dialer:
    - Type #*477#
    - Hit 'green'
    and the GPS info screen with a getfix button appears.

This thread is about Pre hash codes. This post explains that GSM models use #* to lead in hash codes, and not ## as CDMA models do.

Edit -- tested on webOS 1.3.5.1 (Sprint) on an unlocked German GSM Pre
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Dick99999; 02/26/2010 at 02:45 PM. Reason: tested
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    Please explain how to install the patch on GSM Pre?
  3.    #3  
    Recently I noticed that there is an 'official' patch that does the same It's called 'Enable GPS Dial Action on GSM' by Rod Whitby. Likely that is tested more thoroughly.
    It's is listed in Preware and webOSQuickInstall.

Should you really want to try this one, I'd recommend downloading it to a PC with webOSQuickInstall installed. Drop the patch on QI and hit install.
    To remove: tools, device info, wait and change the applications choice in patches.

If it fails another Patch already patched the file to be patched.
    can we have a patch to enable the other hash codes to work on the gsm pre.
  5.    #5  
    I don't think that most of them are useful since they depend on the CDMA radio which the GSM model does not have. I'd recommend to be very careful when trying to enable the others. I once tried the 'production date' hash code and that messed up the sim card security.
    i just went through the has codes , and i guess the gps code is useful.
    other are mostly related to cdma.
    Does not work for me, but maybe because I don't have a Data Connection.
    It writes "Anforderung Senden" --> Sending Request, I think
    than:
    USSD-Anforderung fehlgeschlagen. Netzfehler. --> USSD Request failure. Networkfailure.

So it seems I need a Data Connection?
  8.    #8  
    Likely you are either using the CDMA ## hash prefix on a GSM (should be #*) or you are trying hash codes that are not supported on a GSM model and thus are being dialed out over the network to your operator.
    The hash codes are local codes for the Pre.
    I did install your patch and dialed #*477# then pushed send Button. I did a full reboot after the patch. So I think I did everything right, but it wont work
    Its not so important to me, I was just curios
  10.    #10  
    Indeed it seems you did evryrhing OK and more (reboot). Hope I may be curious too. Does the other patch work (see below):

Quote Originally Posted by Dick99999 View Post
    Recently I noticed that there is an 'official' patch that does the same It's called 'Enable GPS Dial Action on GSM' by Rod Whitby. Likely that is tested more thoroughly.
    It's is listed in Preware and webOSQuickInstall.

Should you really want to try this one, I'd recommend downloading it to a PC with webOSQuickInstall installed. Drop the patch on QI and hit install.
    To remove: tools, device info, wait and change the applications choice in patches.

If it fails another Patch already patched the file to be patched.
    Oh I had that one installed, too
    Im sometime quite stupid
    Ok now I removed the Rod Whitby patch and installed yours and it works like a charm, thx a lot
  12.    #12  
    Glad I was curieus too .....
  13.    #13  
    As of 1.4 this patch is not needed. Palm included the GPS for GSM in 1.4
    ======================================================