Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Do I have to remove any other notification patches in my phone in order to make this work. when I try to install via preware I continue to get and ipk error. This is the only patch I can't seem to install on the phone. Do you think you could give a quick little step by step from the removal of certain patches to adding this one? That would be much appreciated. Thanks dude.
    Do you have any other patches installed that would affect the sound & ringtones app? That's the only thing i can think of that would affect it. Your other option would be to use Jason's Repair Utility (which i believe [don't quote me on this] still works well with patches) or the EPR as a last resort. Any hints as to which patches you have installed that affect any of the sounds would help. Any of the old versions of the patches?
    How do I download this patch?
    ... Preware
    Can some post where to find simple 1 beep ring tones?
    sometimes the tone wont play, if i remember correctly this happens sometimes when i have a messaging card open form somebody and receive another message from the same person the tone wont play, i have to either close the card or have the card zoom out.

Does anyone have the same problem? has this been noted and will be fixed?

Thanks,
    I lost my notification sound for messages a long time ago and don't know how to get it back. I did have My Notification installed at some point and maybe that's what screwed things up, but now, I have SMS Tone per Contact installed and when I go to my sound preferences, I have "alert.wav" for ALERT (good), "notification.wav" for NOTIFICATIONS (fine), but "Pick an message" for MESSAGES. When I try to select "notification.wav" for MESSAGES too, I get the Pre default ringtones (Pre, Guitar, Older Phone, etc.) but not "notification.wav". I want my original notification for messages too, but don't know how to get it back. Any help would be appreciated.
    I think somewhere on the forums are thr original tones. Maybe the My Notification thread, & you can drop it on the media partition & try to select that
    Quote Originally Posted by Veritas06 View Post
    I think somewhere on the forums are thr original tones. Maybe the My Notification thread, & you can drop it on the media partition & try to select that
    Actually, this very thread has them at the beginning, but those are the ones from 1.1, not the new ones.
    This is awesome. It's about time someone added an obvious missing feature from the Pre. With such a powerful phone, why is it some basic flip phones can do more out of the box without a mod?
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    I worked on this patch last week trying to get it ready for 1.3.1 however I ran in to a road block. This is a huge patch touching about 9 files on the Pre. I was able to update it for 1.3.1 for the most part, but got stuck in one spot. Thought i had it, but when I installed it , I got NO notifications. Had to pull it out. Haven't had time to look at it much since then. I'm not sure who exactly is responsible for this patch.
    -----------------
    Palm III, Palm IIIc, TT, T3, T5, TX, Pre from Day 1.
    someone please try to fix this....
    Just need it to be under each contact since 1.3.1 gives you the option to change the main tone.
    If you feel that I have given you worthy advice please feel free to show your support. TY

Have there been any further inroads to progress with updating this for 1.3.1? I'm SORELY missing my text notification tone. I had picked a rather loud one, so that it would wake me when sleeping, but I don't want every notification to my phone making that same loud tone.

I realise this takes time to work on, and I am completely NOT griping here. You guys are putting a lot of work into something I get for free and cannot do myself; far be it for me to complain! Just missing the functionality I had here with this patch.

Thanks so much for all the hard work you all put in on Homebrew apps and patches. You folks are rockstars.

~Kelly
    bump, any kind Devlopers in the house?>
    If I had known that this patch was not available for 1.3.1 I would never have downloaded it. I was extremely happy when this patch came out and I could identify the difference between rings, and e-mails, and then which person was sending me a text.

I sincerely hope that someone is working to get this fantastic patch working with 1.3.1.
    Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    Best Patch ever. Please bring it back.
    there still is a patch under "sounds and alerts" in preware called "notification tones" or some thing like that. It allows you to change the sounds for alerts and notifications. They only you'll be lacking now is the ability to set a different tone for EACH contact...but it's better than nothing, for now. Lemme know what you think.
    Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hernie View Post
    there still is a patch under "sounds and alerts" in preware called "notification tones" or some thing like that. It allows you to change the sounds for alerts and notifications. They only you'll be lacking now is the ability to set a different tone for EACH contact...but it's better than nothing, for now. Lemme know what you think.
    Better than nothing? Yes. Better than SMS Tone Per Contact? No. It was nice knowing who my message was from without having to even look at my phone. I would not have updated to 1.3.1 if I knew this didn't work. Looking forward to a fix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hernie View Post
    ya actually not really that close. the other one lets you distinguish sounds between all email and all messages, not just between contacts...as it stands now w/ this 1/2 done patch you can only change the sounds type. and this sound is shared by both email and messaging....i want separate sounds pls again!
    Last edited by xemtra; 11/16/2009 at 04:25 PM.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast