Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    I have installed, uninstalled and ran emergency recovery patch then installed and uninstalled, but I can not get this patch to accept a new master tome for all SMS. I have tried many times to change the main tone for SMS and this patch will not play the new tone it just continue to play the orginal one I used the first time I installed this patch. Can any one tell how I can force it to play a different tone.

P.S. Uninstalling the the program stills plays the orginal tone.
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    OK, mystery solved. I used emergency patch recovery through preware, and it removed it no problem.
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    Do the alerts work for MMS messages as well? I've got them setup for the contact's e-mail address and it doesn't seem to trigger correctly. It plays the default sound.
    Has the issue been fixed where the tone get played even with the phone on vibrate? I was so excited to see this patch a week or so ago, installed it, worked great, then when i put my phone on vibrate it still played the alert. Any change on that?

~Thanks again for your work on the patch.
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    anybody want to figure out why I cant uninstall this
    so far ive tried:
    webos quick install
    preware
    emergency recovery patch
    parcial and full erase
    webos repair utility
    and terminal plug in
    sms tone per contact is still in my phone
    when I try to install it I get this pop up in the picture attached
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Once you are in Hell, Only the Devil can help you

Click To See My Themes

If you have any theme requests email me at Pardoe@live.com
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pardoe View Post
    anybody want to figure out why I cant uninstall this
    so far ive tried:
    webos quick install
    preware
    emergency recovery patch
    parcial and full erase
    webos repair utility
    and terminal plug in
    sms tone per contact is still in my phone
    when I try to install it I get this pop up in the picture attached
    when i got that window trying to remove a couple of my patches i took a trip to the doctor. i didnt want to but after doing so i have had no problems with any patch
    I installed SMS Tone Per Contact and it works fine but when I receive a text message or an email the tone goes on for approx 30 seconds. Hitting any of the buttons (LED button, volume up and down buttons, power button) does not stop it like it does when the phone is ringing during an incoming call. The only thing that turns it off is pushing the switch into vibrate mode. I don't want to do that everytime i get a text message; not to mention the wear and tear that would result. Although I installed SMS Tone Per Contact I am using the tones that came with the Pre (i.e., Guitar, Scamper, Discreet, Older Phone, etc.) and they still go on for 30 seconds. Is there any way to correct this problem? A patch that cuts off the ring tone when you hit a button? Or shorter notification tones? Please help. Thanks!
    This has been asked several times before. Currently there is no way to stop a tone from playing completely. The way to 'correct' the problem for now is to use a shorter tone.
    Quote Originally Posted by rpc View Post
    Anyone know if there is still a 50 ringtone limit on the Pre? I haven't had time to check to see if I have 3 fewer ringtones now.
    There was _never_ a 50 ringtone limit for the Pre.
    no 'Thanks'
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    i wish the pre had a certain tone from the blackberry...i belive it was called...notification with some random things infront or behind it....

but it was jsut two simple annoying *** beeps...

i belive it was the tone that the pearl and the curve came with out of the box already set...

if there is anyway of getting this tone can someone please point me in the direction of getting it thank you !!!
    is this patch not working on OS version 1.1.3 then?
    Quote Originally Posted by crowning73 View Post
    is this patch not working on OS version 1.1.3 then?
    Why are you using the old version? Everything is going to be centered around the current OS.
    no 'Thanks'
    cos i live in a remote country called italy...
    Darn, I forgot they didn't release 1.2.1 for you guys yet. Supposedly everyone is getting 1.3 next week though, all at once.

no 'Thanks'
    Quote Originally Posted by ScrapMaker View Post
    Darn, I forgot they didn't release 1.2.1 for you guys yet. Supposedly everyone is getting 1.3 next week though, all at once.

yep, precisely waiting for that, hopefully it'll sort some of our present issues
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxLOL View Post
    Have you restarted LunaSysMgr?
    I'm reading and learning but... how do you restart LunaSysMgr?
    Quote Originally Posted by Veritas06 View Post
    This has been asked several times before. Currently there is no way to stop a tone from playing completely. The way to 'correct' the problem for now is to use a shorter tone.
    I'm having this same problem! So annoying!!! Lowering the volume is something you could try. but it has to be set to a lower level before you even get the text and you have to all the way into the menu to do it
    Any chance of getting a fix for the changing-alerts issue? I forget who poseted it in here, but when we attempt to change the messages alert, it continues to play the old tone. It's not a huge deal to me, I would jusy like to know I still have the ability to change the tone should I get tired of the one I have.
    Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    Quick question...
    What happens when you remove the patch?
    - What happens to the setting for each contact?
    - Do they come back if you remove/reinstall the patch or do you have to reset them all?
    After i removed the patch i used MyNotification to change the text alert & it stuck (the new tone went off, not the old one) & after i re-installed the patch the message tones were still set to each contact. & when i tried changing the tone... hm, It actually seems to work. Dumb me selected the Pre ringtone so that went off for awhile but i've now gone through a few different tones & it seems to be working again.

Sorry for my useless post then. At least it worked out now =].
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast