Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Just tried re-installing and uninstalling "my notifications"...didn't fix the problem. I'm going to uninstall and reinstall the patch and see if that fixes the problem.
    That worked...just make sure to reset after reinstalling the patch.
    Can anyone confirm that this causes a slight delay for the notification to show on the screen? When I get a text message, I can hear the tone and feel the vibration but it takes a little longer for it to show on the screen. For example, if it is off usually when it wakes up you can see the alert on screen. After installing the patch, the screen will wake up but the alert wont show on the screen before it goes back to sleep. I uninstalled the patch and it didnt delay anymore.
  4.    #24  
    it is certainly possible that you are experiencing this, it is a pretty intricate combination of patches.
    Quote Originally Posted by kessomatthew View Post
    Can anyone confirm that this causes a slight delay for the notification to show on the screen? When I get a text message, I can hear the tone and feel the vibration but it takes a little longer for it to show on the screen. For example, if it is off usually when it wakes up you can see the alert on screen. After installing the patch, the screen will wake up but the alert wont show on the screen before it goes back to sleep. I uninstalled the patch and it didnt delay anymore.
    I got the same thing after installing this patch. To me its not a big deal since most of the time the screen is off anyways.
    I'm having the same delay problem so I removed the patch, but one of the sounds is still there. I really wish I could see the code to determine why that problem occurs.
    Quote Originally Posted by kessomatthew View Post
    I'm having the same problem. The annoying part is that the screen turns back off before the notification shows up, so you have to hit the power button to turn on the screen again to read it!

I really only want to be able to specify the message tone. I don't need to specify per-contact settings. Maybe the My Notifications app would be a better choice for that?
    i cannot set the tones back to default
    anyone know how to?
    i can't install.
    see error
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Has anybody had a problem where after installing this patch, sometime the messaging tone won't sound? It's intermittent for me, but it happens often enough that I miss quite a few messages. Does anybody have any idea why this would happen?
    Quote Originally Posted by Foolforfood View Post
    Has anybody had a problem where after installing this patch, sometime the messaging tone won't sound? It's intermittent for me, but it happens often enough that I miss quite a few messages.
    Me too. I switched to "Select Alert Notification Tone" so I could pick my sounds at least.
    Won't install for me either.
    All more users are trying this, a big problem is emerging. There is no way to restore the default sounds! And the default sounds are not somewhere where an average user can get to them!

Quick solution, could someone just post these three tones in a zip so that they can be added to the Opening Post? That way users can download the default sounds to their ringtones and just select them again.

Could you please add a Restore Defaults option like My Notification does? As a patch the Restore Default would maybe be a menu choice or a button?

- Craig
    Last edited by Milominderbinder; 10/12/2009 at 12:07 PM.
  14. rpc
    I loaded this SMS Tone per Contact and changed my default alerts, notifications & messages before seeing the caution. Now all of these go on for 30 seconds or so. I've had several come into my office after I put my Pre on my touchstone wondering what I was doing.

I would appreciate a resore to default as I can't seem to find the file it used before. Or if anyone has a short ring tone (like crickets) they can post, it would be appreciated.

Thanks
    In my enthusiasm for variety i put some sms tone for messages that got old really quick but havent found any suitable replacements yet. An option for default sounds is almost a must here. other than that it does what its supposed to do

If anyone really needs to, read the info for "My Notifications" and the author has links to default sounds in the info. Just download and add them to your phone for default goodness. Alternatively you can use My Notification to restore the defaults for "alert" and "notification" but not "messages" (uses notification.wav)
    Last edited by Rabbid; 10/12/2009 at 02:47 PM.
  16. rpc
    I deleted SMS Tone per Contact and then installed My Notification and still couldn't reset to defaults. So I reloaded SMS Tone per Contact and downloaded the files found in the description for My Notification and it worked fine. Tks.

Anyone know if there is still a 50 ringtone limit on the Pre? I haven't had time to check to see if I have 3 fewer ringtones now.
    I too cant download this patch. Do you have to uninstall "my notifications"patch first?
    I have the same issue,let me know if you get help..thx
  19.    #39  
    don't use my notifications or txt manager with this patch.

for link to default sounds see the my notifications thread in homebrew forum.
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    I installed this through webos quickinstall and it worked no problem. This is an awesome patch!

But I noticed the same delay for text messages that keesomatthew did, so I wanted to remove the patch and check for a difference.

But webos quickinstall has no button to remove this patch, neither does preware. Does anyone know how to uninstall this patch?
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast